Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apostrophe in a CSV does't appear in Essential Graphics Template

When using a CSV with an Essential Graphics Template, if there is an apostrophe (') in a row, not only will it not display in the rendered text, but it removed everything after the apostrophe in the row. For example :

Spreadsheet Row = "Under 15's tapdance"
    What is rendered in Premiere/After Effects = "Under 15"

I tried it with multiple fonts with the same issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shapes in Essential Graphics

We need more control in Essential Graphics!

The ability to create and manipulate shapes; ie triangles, arrows, stars, etc... Also, there are still a lot of bugs when it comes to aligning multiple lines of text.

Seriously Adobe... Don't you listen to your customers AT ALL?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: Font menu not sorted Alphabetically

The font menus throughout Premiere do not sort font names alphabetically. I'm sure this comes down to what type of font they are, but this needs to be better managed. It makes fonts really hard to find.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Title Drop Shadow Color Picker doesn't automatically highlight the hex field

This is a little QoL thing, but in most Adobe Color Picker tools I use, as soon as it pulls up, the field for hex values (i.e. #171717) is automatically selected so I can quickly type in a number.
    For whatever reason this is not the case when choosing colors with the new Title tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Captions, Graphics & Titles woes

I'm not sure what is happening in the Backround at Adobe Universe. Title Tool in Premiere Pro was alsways a Kind of "Kindergarten" playground for developers and they never got it right. Now we have "Graphics" and some "Leagcy Title". I guess that this time developers and engineers at Adobe failed again to get this thing right. Working with Captions (Tool) is a nightmare failing to provide the right toolset and editing capabilities (Font editing, Spacing and so on), so this one is counting out absolutely.
    Heading over to the Graphics section, trying out to create captions there. Starting with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mogrt from Adobe Stock to be identified as compatible versions

I've tried to use Adobe Stock data driven mogrt in Premiere Pro CC19 13.0.1 with no luck. Progression window "Fails : @ 0" (and I cannot find this error reference around the web).

I tried from the CC libraries, from the Adobe Stock web page, I even tried to use them in After Effects, read about the place they should be used but still no success.

This should all be easy. Any hint would help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Font sync problems with multi-version fonts: Unresolved

Fonts will not resolve when a font like "Bebas Neue" has so many versions. Can you please allow font substitution to at least choose the closest named font similar to the unresolved font? Why would it choose something like courier or monotype when it's no where close to the same name, family, style, or look. Especially when multiple versions of the font in question are installed in Windows 10. Please, can you fix?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Essential Graphics FCP XML translation 13.x -> 12.x resizes text

I updated a project from 12.x to 13.x, then for compatibility with another editor wanted to move back to 12.x. I had a few selects string outs to move back, so I exported them as FCP XML - simple, one layer of video, two audio, with a layer of Essential Graphics text on V2. When I imported these into 12.x, every Essential Graphics text layer clip had been reformatted with larger type, and positioned offscreen. However, I screen capped the EG panel in 13.x and compared it to what was in 12.x, and the numbers and font weight - everything…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. per Character Text Features for AE MoGRTs

While Font changes are now possible, AE MoGRTs are still restricted to a single set of Font Characteristics for all text characters. Please allow discrete selection of characters for applying per character features.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. essential graphics folders

Please bring back the ability to organize the Essential Graphics tab (in the user interface) with folders! When it used frequently, it turns into a huge mess and it is difficult to find specific templates.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why are some fonts (Apple Braille, for instance) available in PS and AE but not in PP?

Why are some fonts (Apple Braille, for instance) available in PS and AE but not in PP? Trying to enter title in PP-essential graphics and I get zilch, but font is listed and works fine in all other products.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS FUNCIONALITY

There are two in inconveniences when inserting and editing motion graphics templates in premiere pro:

• There is no way to change fonts from imported/downloaded templates, even those from Adobe Stock;
    • There is no more folder explore since the PP 2018 version.

I ask for those possibilities to be implemented: font/type editing whitin a motion graphic template Text options and folder organization (as it was in PP 2017) when selecting a template. Those changes would make the process faster, considering that as it is now, we have to open a .mogrt file in After Effects, change each fonts and export it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bigger font preview size options (like in Photoshop)

Photoshop has an option in Preferences -> Interface -> UI Font Size (tiny, small, medium, large) to change preview font sizes.

Why doesn't Premiere?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT

It would be extremely useful to be able to keyframe the controls in Premiere Pro for a MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) created in After FX. I create a template in AFX, add it to CC libraries, I can import this into Premiere and adjust the controls, but I can't keyframe them. This would take the power of MOGRT's to a whole new level.

I have extensively documented the process I'm trying to do here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/255599

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. premiere pro 2019 doesn't have red bound box around text

When using title tool, text doesn't have a cursor to see where you are nor can you click the text bringing up the red box to move text freely. Worked fine on 2018, please fix, this is very essential to my use of the program.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Premiere 2019 essential graphics

adding a dissolve at the end of a title created with the essential graphics panel displays 'frame missing" yellow screen after render

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Essential Graphics: Default on "Edit" rather than "Browse"

Please let us see the Edit tab first when we arrive in Essential Graphics panel rather than Browse. 99% of the time, we use the panel for altering text, not browsing through templates.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MOGRT - Add option to auto-update all timeline instances.

Currently updated MOGRTs (Motion Graphic Templates) do not automatically update their associated timeline instances.
    To update timeline instances requires selecting the affected items, and Alt- or Option-Dragging to the timeline.

Taking a step back, making updates to MOGRTs that originate in After Effects requires a number of steps to update see those updates in Premiere:
    - Make change in AE
    - Export from AE through the EGP (Essential Graphics Panel)
    - MOGRTS not exported to a shared library from AE must be imported through PPro-side EGP (using shared libraries saves this step)
    - And finally updating sequence instances requires first…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Get rid of bugs in Essential graphics

Make keyframes editable for at least position/size.
    I can keep keyframes for my text layers for essential graphics but my shape layers don't come into premiere with their keyframes and cannot be keyframed in the essential graphics window, which makes essential graphics useless as I cannot use it for my title sets.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base