Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently captions cannot go beyond safe margins

Please make it flexible for the editor to move the auto transcripted caption layer beyond the safe margins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. layouts workspace crash

My premier pro crashes when I click on Color or the graphics workspace. I tried creating new layouts, deleting the old, importing others, etc. it crashes every time so i cannot use graphics or effects anymore. This happened randomly while working on a project. From one second to the other. didn't have this issue before,it appeared on wed. 24 feb 21

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Curved Corners to Text Backgrounds (to look like TikTok text)

I'd like to create TikTok videos fully in Premiere Pro or Rush, but the text is a dead give away that the video was not produced within the app. Can you add the ability to round the corners on the text backgrounds so it looks like the text in TikTok? Would be great if you can create Essential Graphics templates that allow you to add Instagram and TikTok text fonts and styles.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MogRT should respect start time and freeze frames

Currently, if add edits or freeze frames are added to a MogRT (e.g. for timing or to change properties) and that MogRT is updated (by alt-dragging to replace) ALL the add edits revert to the start of the MogRT.

So everything has to be remade by hand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If you use two-times the same MOGRT-Template in PrePro and change the CSV in one, it won`t change the values

I made a template for a diagram in AfterEffects and two CSV - one with 2-values (22,23) and one with 10-values (100,99,98,97,96...) - which i display via 10 text-layers. If a value is not given in the CSV the text-layer gets invisible.
    Now when i import the MOGRT to Premiere it works fine, with the first CSV with all 10 values displayed (PP displays 10 values with 100,99,98,97...)
    BUT when i import the same MOGRT-template a secound time into the same Premiere timeline and exchange the CSV of the MOGRTs with the CSV with only two values (22,23)... it displays…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Captions copy and paste attributes

Copy and Paste attributes to captions like you can with other blocks on the timeline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expressions on text.sourceText in Ae break text input field in PrPro

Making a mogrt and adding expressions in the sourcetext property in Ae (for instance text.sourceText + "." ) will result in the input field being empty in premiere, and uneditable in the Essential Graphics panel.

Tested in Ae 17.5 & Pr 14.5

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Typing a font's name

When looking for a specific font, you begin to type the font name, but you can only type the first letter. For example, if I want to use a font called French-Script, I type F, and the first one on the list is Fabriche. Than, I have to scroll through dozens of fonts until I get to the one I want. If I'll type r (the next letter of the font's name) it will just "throw" me to the list of fonts starting with r.

Typing several letters is basic, just like when looking for something in a search engine.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make each essential graphics asset animatable

Please make it so individual items within one essential graphic can be animated separately (text and shapes can transition in at different times etc.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug - Premiere Pro - mogrt with responsive design time created in AE not working in PPro

I created a mogrt with two protected areas (responsive design time) in AE 17.1.1. When put on the timeline in Premiere Pro (14.3), and expanded with the rate stretch tool, the protected areas are also extended in duration. The "reset duration" item on the "graphics" menu is grayed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. EGP: Automatically change back to Selection tool when exiting (Esc) text entry (just like it does in the Legacy Titler)

After typing a new title in the EGP, it's frustrating to have to press both 'Esc' followed by 'V' before the title can be moved or resized in the Program Monitor.

The approach used in the Legacy Titler is much better:
    When typing a title, hitting 'Esc' automatically exits typing AND reverts back to the Selection tool in a single step.

This is a better approach for 3 reasons:
    1. 1 step is easier/faster/less frustrating than 2 steps.
    2. MANY titles consist of a single block of text, so while the EGP's approach does make it easier for a user…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FOLDERS IN ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS PREMIERE PRO

Add the possibility of adding Folders/Bins inside the Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro just like in the Effects Panel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Introduce Null objects to move various clips at once

There should be null objects in order to improve clips movement on Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Motion Graphics Template - Line Animation Error

I have animated a line that stretches beneath text and created a motion graphics template to use in PP. The animation appears fine in AE playback. However, when bringing template into PP, the line no longer animates, and the position is out of whack... what am I doing wrong before exporting from AE? This seams like it should be pretty simple.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow .mogrt on Premiere to be opened in After Effects

It is easier to have all graphics in laid out in Premiere, thanks to essential graphics. But there are some features that aren't available in Premiere mogrts in some cases. Can you please make it available to link mogrts in after effects where we can open the AE file and it will change automatically in PR? This would be a huge time saver!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Preview of graphics in the essential graphics panel

Please allow a preview feature in the essential graphics where we can see what the .mogrt looks like without having to drag them on to the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. new speech to text feature. Stylizing the captions, having a feature to round the corners of the box behind the text would be great!

new speech to text feature. Stylizing the captions, having a feature to round the corners of the box behind the text would be great!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base