Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

220 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Premiere Pro - mogrt with responsive design time created in AE not working in PPro

I created a mogrt with two protected areas (responsive design time) in AE 17.1.1. When put on the timeline in Premiere Pro (14.3), and expanded with the rate stretch tool, the protected areas are also extended in duration. The "reset duration" item on the "graphics" menu is grayed out.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Introduce Null objects to move various clips at once

There should be null objects in order to improve clips movement on Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expressions on text.sourceText in Ae break text input field in PrPro

Making a mogrt and adding expressions in the sourcetext property in Ae (for instance text.sourceText + "." ) will result in the input field being empty in premiere, and uneditable in the Essential Graphics panel.

Tested in Ae 17.5 & Pr 14.5

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. EGP: Automatically change back to Selection tool when exiting (Esc) text entry (just like it does in the Legacy Titler)

After typing a new title in the EGP, it's frustrating to have to press both 'Esc' followed by 'V' before the title can be moved or resized in the Program Monitor.

The approach used in the Legacy Titler is much better:
    When typing a title, hitting 'Esc' automatically exits typing AND reverts back to the Selection tool in a single step.

This is a better approach for 3 reasons:
    1. 1 step is easier/faster/less frustrating than 2 steps.
    2. MANY titles consist of a single block of text, so while the EGP's approach does make it easier for a user…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FOLDERS IN ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS PREMIERE PRO

Add the possibility of adding Folders/Bins inside the Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro just like in the Effects Panel

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Essential graphic disappears

I use Premiere Pro 2020.
    After adding an essential graphic and change color and text, "Graphic" works. However, when I reoppen the project it completely disappears...
    Same problem with captions also: caption completely disappears and I cannot bring it back... HUGE PROBLEM. The project I worked for days turned into garbage.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Build-Out the Essential Graphics Text Effects

This new thread welcomes your ideas on what you may want in the way of Text manipulators as found in other Adobe CC Applications; in hopes that they could be implemented in Graphics panel in Premiere Pro:

-Photoshop Warp feature
    -Text to shape feature as in Illustrator and InDesign. Other features such as Text to Path found in those software

• and 'Text Effects' ! --> quick access to blurs/ distorts/ stylize kinds of filters found in Photoshop (one example) would be nice deformers to add customization to text for infographics directly in Premiere
      --also, a nice-and-easy Free Transform tools would…
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug - Text editor crash using copy & paste

PP has a bug that keeps it crashing when you copy&paste text from another program. This is since the latest 2020 update. The NLE freezes and a crash report is generated. Please can you look at this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save Align & Transform to Master Styles

Maybe I'm stupid, but for now Master Styles only save font-related properties. Changes to Transform are ignored. Especially maddening with subtitles, when position and scale was used initially, and I now have to go back to every single one to reset those, because there is no way to do that via "remove attributes". Why add a transform property to text but then not make it (an optional) part of master styles if there is already a motion property for the whole layer? (Which I can copy over different layers...)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mogrt text isn't showing up

I created a mogrt call-out locator pin file in After Effects that is essentially the same as the locator pin call-out template, only in the opposite direction. I exported the mogrt file from After Effects to my local templates folder and went to premiere to use it. But when I put it onto my timeline in premiere, the text doesn't show up. Everything but the text shows up. Why? Where did the text go?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for a perfect circle to able to be made in Essential Graphics shapes

Seriously. Why can't I create a perfect circle? Can only make an ellipse shape in Essential Graphics and stretch it out to something that looks like a circle, but with no shift controls to conform it to perfect dimensions.
    Same with square.
    Fix this

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple Owners for Multiple CC Libraries

Hi, can you please contact me as soon as possible about programmatically adding multiple owners to multiple CC libraries for use within Premiere Pro. The latest update to the Premiere Pro Libraries Panel UI seems to have changed how the function, importMGTFromLibrary(), works. It now only seems to import MOGRT's that you own so you can't import those that are shared with you. This is drastically affecting our business.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More options for free essential graphics

I would like to have more free graphics in the essential graphics panel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLEASE make Essential Graphics more intuitive

1. It's very frustrating to import Mogrt's one at a time, please add batch selection.

2. It is WAY too difficult to organize assets within Essential Graphics, reference Mr. Horse's custom user library, they are killing it in this category.

3. Can you add more preset graphics that are for social media? It's becoming way to difficult sorting through 3rd party assets, I would love more integration.

I love premiere, but there are things 3rd party is kicking butt at, but I would love for Essential Graphics to be something Premiere makes more user friendly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot use CTRL+V inside TEXT editor

Cannot paste text with CTRL+V in TEXT editor or on any Graphic templates. The shortcut just doesn't work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Curved Corners to Text Backgrounds (to look like TikTok text)

I'd like to create TikTok videos fully in Premiere Pro or Rush, but the text is a dead give away that the video was not produced within the app. Can you add the ability to round the corners on the text backgrounds so it looks like the text in TikTok? Would be great if you can create Essential Graphics templates that allow you to add Instagram and TikTok text fonts and styles.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix responsive design timing problems. "Reset Duration" is not a complete fix.

Timing glitches in essential graphics have gotten very bad in the past few releases. "Reset duration" is a great feature, but it is not at all complete a fix for this. If I share a project with someone else, chances are pretty good my graphics are going to be broken for them. I have no way to be sure it will for them, and they might not know how to fix it.

I find myself having to reset the duration a lot regardless of what I'm doing, but it does tend to be worse when relinking media. Often after relinking,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base