Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

119 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Updating Essential Graphics Template (MOGRT) with sound always hangs at 89%

I have an AE composition with sound exported as a MOGRT that I use in Premiere Pro. I can import it and it'll display correctly. But if I attempt to Alt+Drag over an old one, the "Loading Motion Graphics Template..." gets stuck at 89%.

Pressing "Cancel" closes the popup, but the program fails to respond.

It happens every time I do this.

If I remove the sound layer it works fine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color Picker inaccurate with MOGRT

I've been testing the ability to easily make Color Palattes available to our editors in Premiere Pro. One option is to look at the colors in the library, and manually type in the hexcode associated (since we can not use the eyedropper to select the colors from the Library). This is inefficient, so I have tried a second method. I created a mogrt that displays the 10 colors as squares. This would work great since its an easy overlay in our program monitor that could be referenced EXCEPT the colors are inaccurate! I've made sure my AE project is in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us choose default font/style for new Essential Graphics text

At the moment it default to Minion Pro, white colour.

Let us change this in prefences, including the option to set a default fill, stroke, background, shadow etc. I make a lot of captions using Essential Graphics templates, I know you can set a Master Style but then this needs to be brough into every project. Just let us select a Master Style as the global default.

Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MOGRTs support blending modes set inside AE when creating them

I have created a style look in AE that uses blending modes on solid layers with generators. They look great in there when I add a clip under the design and use pass through in the layer settings. However when I export them as a MOGRT they break when trying to use them inside of Premiere because Premiere does not support using the blending modes set inside of the AE project. This is a big snag because now the only solution I can find is to recreate the look in Premiere and save it as a project so that our…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Export as Motion Graphics Template..." – Edit after saving in online library.

This feedback is very specific about a simple subtitle graphic saved online for continuous use. I work at a house of prayer that produces a weekly broadcast, one of the elements of the broadcast is music, I make graphics for the songs that our musicians perform so that our broadcast audience can sing along. The idea is to create a library of graphics for song lyrics that we can reuse in the case the musicians sing a particular song again in different weeks. So far this option to save graphics in online libraries has worked fine, but, my workplace recently…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ”MOGRT” スライダー制御の値に小数点が含まれていると値に誤差が出る

プレビュー画面の表示は、5文字以上を消しているので詳細は確認していませんが、値の末尾に"00"があるのは誤差だと思います。

例:入力値と( )内は返される値
    1(1)
    1.1(1.100)
    1.2(1.200)
    1.3(1.299)
    1.4(1.399)
    1.5(1.5)
    1.6(1.600)
    1.7(1.700)
    1.8(1.799)
    1.9(1.899)
    2(2)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Pen tool (P) can not be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape

The Pen tool (P) cannot be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape, we should be able to manipulate the handles separately.

This only works for masking

To create Bezier shapes, you convert a vertex point on a mask to a Bezier point by pressing the Alt key while placing the cursor over the vertex point. The cursor becomes an inverted "V" shape . Then, click and release the pointer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Essential Graphics new bugs in 14.0.1

After updating Premiere to 14.0.1, dragging the CTI in a timeline with Essential Graphics files causes them to flicker and stretch momentarily in the Program window. It doesn't matter if clip is rendered or not. As far as I can tell it doesn't crash Premiere or have detrimental effects other than visual annoyance, but it's a big annoyance.

Also, our .mogrts for our templates have text in the empty fields that appear in the program window but there are no words in the essential graphics text field. I call it ghost text. The only way to work around it as…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Essential Graphics color rendering issue

When importing an Essential Graphics template in to Premiere Pro 14.0.1, it shows correctly in the browse panel, but when placing it in the timeline, several colors are off (ie, with the attached file, the template it "Legal Action Lower Third" in the browse panel. You can see several accents are blue, when in the timeline, they are red. This template was generated in After Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow User Control of Kerning in the EGP

Currently the user has no controls of kerning in the EGP, nor is there any information to tell the user what to expect if you try to manually set kerning.

I've discussed this with engineers and James Strawn and Dacia Saenz also of the development team.

Premiere uses optical kerning by default ... which it would be nice to know but NO information of that is found anywhere I know of.

Second ... for some fonts, like Minion Pro, any attempt to manually set a kerning between two letters turns off ALL kerning for that font. The entire text group…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere renders AE MOGRT text incorrectly when exporting through Media Encoder

I created a simple After Effects Motion Graphics Template with text that can be adjusted in Premiere. I can adjust the size of the font, style, etc. in Premiere through the Essential Graphics panel. The font renders correctly if I export directly from Premiere, e.g. Ctrl+M>Export, however if I render through Media Encoder, the text renders out smaller, seemingly at the original size that it was created inside of After Effects as the Motion Graphic Template.

I have created multiple graphics structured very similarly to this for various clients, and this seems to be happening consistently among various different graphics.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Path Type Tool for Essential Graphic Titles

We already got the "Vertical Type Tool" but the "Path Type Tool" from Legacy Title is still missing for Essential Graphic Titles.

What does the Path Type Tool do? https://youtu.be/Qks2BeK2znQ?t=38

This is UID 3 on my request list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18RcNvUkwjr8qLAUEF0QVPk2fIr7RMqKZ_igswkcpwg4/edit?usp=sharing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. エッセンシャルグラフィックスでテキスト編集をするとき、キーボードショートカットでも文字詰めできるようにしてほしい。(option+ → or ←)

エッセンシャルグラフィックスでテキスト編集をするとき、キーボードショートカットでも文字詰めできるようにしてほしい。(option+ → or ←)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot animate .png graphic unless text is animated within the same graphic

When I introduce a 'file' to a graphic (in my case a .png file), I can animate within the Effect Controls box to my hearts delight. When I try to play back the animation, I see nothing. If I disable my regular video layer (V1 in my case, my graphic is on V2), and just watch my graphic, everything animates fine. If I re-toggle V1, the animation stops. Even rendering, as well as exporting, shows no animation. The only way I've found to get past this is to have a text box exist within the animation and then to force…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to set locked angles for shapes with selected vertice points in EGP

Allow users to use the Pen tool in the Program monitor to select a vertice (corner) point of a shape created by the EGP, and by keyboard entry, set a specific LOCKED angle for that vertice.

The resulting shape would maintain that angle no matter how it was scale.

This would allow users to quickly create graphics objects that they can quickly reuse and repurpose.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3D Basic broke out of nowhere

title is self explanatory

doesn't work on a new project
    dosen't work if i reinstall

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base