Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. assigning effect to video track

How about ability to add video effect to whole video track just like you can do to audio in mixer? It would be easy to make adjustments in multi camera projects if you keep each camera on own track.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. warp stabilizer - need to constantly re-analyze

I'm running into a bug where the warp stabilizer effect will analyze and stabilize normally when i apply it however as I make progress through my project the effect becomes un-analyzed without me knowing. Then when I try to export the project I get an alert that says there are unanalyzed warp stabilizer effects on the timeline therefore I have to take more time to re-analyze each clip.

Maybe the effect becomes unanalyzed when I cut it shorter? This wouldn't make too much sense as the previous versions of Premiere would allow me to 1, apply and analyze a clip…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slip Clip With/Without Affecting Keyframes

Being able to slip a clip on the timeline and be able to choose or toggle whether the slip will also affect keyframes of effects or properties of the clip.

Example: I have a clip that I have applied the Transform effect to and animated the scale, rotation and opacity of it to transition onto the timeline with a bit of flair. I want to shift the timing of the camera movement in the shot to start later, so I select Slip Tool and slip the clip...keyframes of those properties move with it. To be able to toggle (through a…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warp stabilizer presets do not automatically analyze

If you select multiple clips and apply the default warp stabilizer to them, they will automatically start analyzing which is great.
    However, to save time I created a Warp Stabilizer Preset to stabilize at 5% (Instead of the default 50%) so I wouldn't have to go through and adjust all the stabilized clips to 5% manually.

But now I find out that the Warp Stabilizer Preset does not analyze automatically when applied to multiple clips, so I have to go through and click analyze on each one which takes ages!

Can we please make it so that the Warp Stabilizer…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyframes in warp stabilizer, please!

I've posted this as a reply in another thread about the warp stabilizer, but wanted to make another thread about it just to make sure it's reaching your attention.

Please add keyframes to the smoothness setting in the stabilizer. There are often times when I have to stabilize one part of a shot, but another part of the shot doesn't stabilize well, so I only want the stabilization to be applied to part of the shot. Currently, the only way to do that is to split the clip into separate clips, add the stabilizer to the one I need it…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Denoiser similar to RedGiant's Denoiser and motion blue like Reel Smart Motion Blur.

I am forever sending clips to After Effects to use third party plugins to get better results. Red Giant's denoiser just works. Most of the time I don't have to fiddle with settings. If used correctly it denoises the footage and you don't soften the image. At the moment Premiere doesn't seem to be that good at denoising footage. Also, nothing comes close to Reel Smart Motion Blur, if that was an option/plugin native to Premiere, then everything would be so much easier. Of course, I can still use the plugins, but would rather have it as an update in…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: "Inverted" Mask option with more than one mask

Doesn't work properly if I add more than one mask and choose inverted in both mask. It should work like Subtract. Maybe adding blending mode like Add and Subtract in Mask would be helpful.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bug report : cross dissolve on videos with opacity mask

I noticed when adding a cross dissolve transition on footage with an opacity mask, it makes the whole area of the footage regardless of the mask, growing from dark to black, until the end of the transition.

the obvious work around is to add key frames to the opacity percentage, but I just want to make sure your aware of this a potential issue.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Option for Feathered Edges to Transitions

Most wipe and iris video transitions should allow you to feather the edge of the wipe. Especially Wipe, Clock Wipe, and Iris Round.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Optical Flow and M1 Max

Hi,

I am having a consistent bug in which optical flow on clips renders improperly on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. This occurs on both .mp4 and ProRes clips during timeline renders and exports. This bug appears to have been around for some time. Unless fixed, I cannot use my M1 machine on commercial projects.

M1 Max, 64GB memory

Version 22.0.0 (Build 169)

Thanks!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REQUEST: Add Content Aware Fill for Video to Premiere Pro

The new Content Aware Fill for Video in After Effects is AMAZING!

Much like how Warp Stabilizer was first introduced in After Effects CS5.5 before appearing in Premiere Pro CS6, I would love to see Content Aware Fill for Video added to Premiere Pro in a future update so I don't have to roundtrip to After Effects to remove objects and people from my videos.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a mask to be moveable with keyboard arrows.

If the mask selection is too small, the hand icon no longer shows up. I have to enlarge the mask in order for the hand icon to show up. Difficult workflow when you have a lot of masks to adjust.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Prompt for Duration when adding Transitions" preference option

In preference pane add a "Prompt for Duration when adding Transitions" checkmark under the default transition times. If you click this, you can type a value every time you add a transition instead of having to double click every transition to change it.

This would be very useful if you seldomly use any one transition time.

If you add audio and video transitions together you type in video transition duration first and then audio.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A hotkey to enable/disable all or selected effects in timeline.

I'd love to be able to turn off all (or at least the GPU intensive) effects when I'm editing.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SHIFT to constrain mask edits Horz/Vert

Mask handles should work like paths/points in all other Adobe applications, where the shift key constrains edits horizontally and vertically.

Also, editing paths in general is needlessly tedious, so please implement:
    - Shift key to constrain edits horizontally/vertically
    - Clicking a line (in rectangular masks) moves two points at once
    - Allow drag-select to select multiple points simultaneously

Also, please immediately fix this 2016 mask bug:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2233115

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Warp Stabilizer bug on Mac OpenCL

I've seen other people discussing this problem in some forums but didn't find it addressed here. After updating to Premiere Pro 2018 on a 2011 iMac (El Capitan) with OpenCL GPU acceleration enabled, Warp Stabilizer now produces a terrible ripple effect across the image, like underwater or heat wave distortion. The problem is fixed when GPU acceleration is turned off, but then playback and render speeds are miserably slow. I've been working with warp stabilizer since it was released and have used it on hundreds of projects, but I've never experienced this problem until updating to Premiere 2018. So I…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Issues With Transform Effect

Upon using the new update. The transform effect isn't working like its supposed to. You can scale up higher than 300 which is something you couldn't do in the past, but as soon as you add your own shutter angle, everything is destroyed. This needs to be fixed because I have a lot of projects with the transform effect as transitions.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ENHANCEMENT: Effect Masks on Master Clips

I appreciate the ability to put color correction effects on a Master Clip and have the already clip color corrected wherever it shows up in the project.

What I miss is the ability to use masks on effects applied to Master Clips.

An example: I use Levels + a mask to create vignettes (this allows more control than Lumetri's vignette). But I can't apply those vignettes to a master clip because the effect relies on a mask.

I'm told Resolve can do this.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. warp stabilize re-analyse

Quite often when a clip is moved, the warp stabilize needs to be re-analysed and shows a blue reminder. This would be fine, however, if you are working on a big project and miss it. Rather than re-analyising upon export - or in a worse case, using the old version, it instead renders out the blue banner saying "re-analyze" which creates even more wasted time having to re-export or worse if not spotted making your video look unprofessional.
    What I suggest is that, if you have warp stabilise on a video clip and it is moved or changed to the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Updated DJI and GOPRO lens distortion presets.

In the latest version of Premiere Pro that I currently use, the most recent DJI and GoPro cameras that your software provides a preset for lens distortion correction is only up to the DJI Phantom 3 Vision, and the GoPro Hero3+ Black. Please update this with the newer makes and models from DJI and GOPRO.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base