Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Faster warp stabilizer through multi-core analysis

At this moment warp stabilizer seems to only use one core of the CPU to "analyze" the footage, and because of that takes an extremely long time. The usual workaround is to split the video into several pieces, up to the number of cores the CPU has, but then stitching them back seamlessly is a very difficult task. Why can't Premiere virtually split the video in an optimum number of pieces of equal duration, analyze them all at the same time allocating one core for each, and them aggregate the gathered data to stabilize the whole clip in one process?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Feathered Transitions

Put a feather option built in to the effects controls for the basic wipes and irises in Premier Pro PLEASE!!!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a zoom blur

One of the most handy basic blur effects. We already have radial and directional. Would love to have zoom.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Easing for Most Transitions

A number of transitions could benefit from easing. Some that come to mind are:

• Push
    • Slide
    • Wipe
    • Split

The Effect Controls interface is so old, I'm not sure how this would be best implemented. It'd be nice, at bare minimum to be able to choose between ease in, ease out, or both (if we can't have full control over bezier handles).

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable AND ENABLE Master Clip effects in Project panel

Currently it's only possible to deactivate Masterclip effects in the project panel. This command is useless, unless being able to activate all masterclip effects at once as well. Selecting multiple clips with masterclip effects and activating/deactivating all them by one clip would be a very useful command. A keyboard shortcut would also be useful.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set attributes for multiple clips at once

When I have multiple clips selected that have attributes that match, I would like to be able to adjust them all at once. For instance scaling multiple clips, or setting the panner or opacity or position. I would like all attributes that have the same value to appear and be adjustable at once within the effect panel, without having to copy and paste.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add back the percentages feature in Dip To Black/White transition. Why break it?

The percentages feature in the Dip to Black / White transition was so handy. I was able to set percentages to how I wanted each transition to end.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Input window for transition duration when applying a transition effect

When you set a transition effect you then have to doubleclick it to enter the duration you want to have. This is very time consuming and one extra step you wouldn’t need if the duration window just automatically popped upon setting the transition.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stroke or border option for video clips.

Have a simple feature for users to add stroke or border around a video clip. This is useful particularly when users create a video within a video, to separate the two videos. The stroke/border feature could be like the one in Adobe Photoshop.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Warp Stabilizer offsets frame location

Premiere 13.1.5- working in a triptych layout for a museum installation. Full HD has been shrunk to 33%. I have left, center and right images laid out for color correction and tweaks.

I applied the Warp Stabilizer to a center screen image with these settings:

Result: Smooth Motion

Smoothness- 50%

Method - Position, Scale, Rotation

Preserve Scale- unchecked

Borders>Framing- Stabilize, Crop, Auto-Scale

Auto-scale (112.5%)

I've converted the project to Premiere 14 to do final review. At the point where this stabilized screen appears it shifts to the upper left during playback. When I stop playback, it appears right back where…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easy Ease

Shortcut key to ease keyframes, just like in AE. This would save hundreds of clicks with a lot of animation.

While you're at it, why not make a preference to have keyframes ease in/out by default? I doubt I'm the only one who rarely uses linear animation.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Morph Cut - Analyzing progress bar

Please give us a progress bar for morph cut's analyzing so we have a clue how long it will take to finish.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Select audio transitions applied to multi channel clip with ONE click

We take it for granted that clicking on a clip in the timeline selects ALL the tracks belonging to the clip (when "Linked Selection" is turned on). However, if you have an audio transition applied to a clip, clicking on the audio transition selects ONLY the one track on which you click. For example, if I have a clip of six linked mono audio tracks, I have to shift select the audio transition applied to each channel. Every other NLE I've used does not behave this way. It should only take ONE click to select the transition that has been…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. REQUEST: Add "Fill" effect to Premiere

As a heavy AE user, I keep finding myself reaching for the Fill Effect every time I need to quickly set something with an alpha channel or a masked area, to a single flat color — but there's no fill.

Paint Bucket doesn't work great as an instant global fill. Ramp makes me set two colors. Maybe there's another effect that I can use as a global fill — but I haven't found it so far.

Could a future update add a Fill effect, ideally one directly compatible with AE's Generate > Fill effect for interoperability?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Motion Tracking in Effect Controls

Motion tracking tools within effect controls. Similar to the masking tracking ability that's already there. Very odd that you can track masks but not something as simple as locking text to a position. You should be able to pin something like text, analyze forward and backward, etc. Or maybe add a tracker on an adjustment layer and be able to parent things to that. It should be integrated within Premiere and not require AE. If I can pin something on Snapchat so easily it should be in an editorial program such as Premiere.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Slip Clip With/Without Affecting Keyframes

Being able to slip a clip on the timeline and be able to choose or toggle whether the slip will also affect keyframes of effects or properties of the clip.

Example: I have a clip that I have applied the Transform effect to and animated the scale, rotation and opacity of it to transition onto the timeline with a bit of flair. I want to shift the timing of the camera movement in the shot to start later, so I select Slip Tool and slip the clip...keyframes of those properties move with it. To be able to toggle (through a…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts for Ease In and Ease Out

I regularly create simple text motion graphics within Premiere, and ease in and ease out are essential in making the movement look natural, for that reason it would save me a lot of time if I could create a pair custom keyboard shortcuts for those to actions.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. assigning effect to video track

How about ability to add video effect to whole video track just like you can do to audio in mixer? It would be easy to make adjustments in multi camera projects if you keep each camera on own track.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base