Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. warp stabilizer via isolated selection

It would be great if there was an option to tell the Warp Stabilizer effect to stabilize a clip using only on a selected area of the frame. For example, if I have a handheld shot of a helicopter on the ground and the rotors are just beginning to turn, it would be great to tell Warp Stabilizer to only look at the static body of helicopter rather than being influenced by the movement of the rotors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Time Remapping in Paste Attributes // Allow the creation of presets for time remapping

Time remapping has a number of functional issues and bugs in the current version of Premiere. The number one issue for me is that "Paste-Attributes" for time remapping is broken. (If anyone knows a fix for this, I would love to hear it!)

.. But the functional issues aside, Speed ramping is something I use frequently often for very simple, repetitive tasks. Being able to save out presets would be a life saver.

Example:

You want to ramp up the speed of your clip when it starts, and slow it down when it ends. You want it to take a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speed control

Add speed control to the Effects section and improve the keyframe settings with a Bezier-curve editor dropdown to allow increasing/slowdown/smooth warping of the changed parameters - which should be there for all effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. List frame Rates in Speed/Duration Effect

Can the active clip frame rate and active sequence frame rate be listed in the Speed/Duration effect window whenever it is brought up?

Then we don’t have to double-check each time to make sure we are slowing down at the appropriate amount without losing frames. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Premiere Audio Video synchron

BUG: In some cases the exponential audio crossfade effect destroys the audio-video-synchronization. The problem does not occur when I preview the video in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020, but only after rendering. More precisely, I take a 50fps video with synchron audio, then make a cut after 23 frames, and drag the audio crossfade effect just to the first 23 frames. Then in the preview everything seems fine, but after rendering I notice that audio and video are not synchron.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. track based video effects

In addition to Adjustment layers, I often want to apply an effect to an entire video track, the way I would with audio tracks.

Imagine I want to make one track black and white, even though it's made up of dozens of different clips where Master Effect wouldn't work.

But there will be gaps between some clips. Adding an Adjustment layer above would make video clips below those gaps ALSO black and white, which I don't want.

I need to be able to say "all of track 3 is B&W, all of track 5 is horizontally flipped" etc....

This often…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyframes should automatically adjust when a transition is added.

Coming from an Avid background it is a wonderful thing to drop a transition between two clips that have keyframes on them because it will automatically adjust the keyframes so that the the two clips will continue on the path they were on during the transition. Here in premiere if I have two photos back to back that I've put movement on, when I add a transition the movement stops right in the middle of the movement and just looks bad. I understand that I can then go in and just adjust the start and the end keyframes, but this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. earthquake

earthquake or camera shake transition

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choose background or foreground focus in Warp Stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer only focuses on the most prominent object in the frame. When reducing unwanted camera movement, it's not helpful for the Stabilizer to follow every tiny tilt or move of an actor's head. A simple toggle to analyze the background instead of the foreground would make this effect much more useful. It's not ideal to have to create an After Effects project and delete tracking points for this extremely common problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG - MOTION KEYFRAMES WITHIN EFFECT CONTROLS DO NOT WORK

my experience is while working within a 9:16 timeline. I place keyframes in both the effect controls panel under motion and under the transform tab when effect is applied.

I apply a starting keyframe and then another keyframe seconds later in a new position, which it seems to move, but then when I go to playback, there is no change in position.

this is so frustrating. This should not be happening in a 2020 version of an adobe software, this is the utmost basic effect in all of premiere and it doesn't even work, damne shame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warp Stabilizer Bug 2020

I applied the Warp Stabilizer effect to 4k footage that has been resized to fit a 1080p timeline. When I go to scrub back or play through the footage, the frame is pushed down to the bottom right corner of the preview window. It isn't just the one clip I've shown either. Ive had this issue with multiple different clips in the same timeline.

(See Pic 1 [No Warp Stabilizer] vs Pic 2 [Warp Stabilizer Applied]).

Why is this issue happening? Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm working with XAVS 4K Sony a7iii footage. 24p 100 MBPS.

Computer:

Macbook Pro 2019 …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using a dissolve on a masked solid causes flickering

As the title states. A solid, with a mask - I apply a cross dissolve to this solid and when it passes the dissolve there black flickering. So fed up with this software honestly.

I loose about half a day every week on bugs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CONTIGUOUS selection option in one or all Color Key effects (just like in Photoshop!)

Photoshop allows users to create a contiguous mask, so why can't any of the color key effects in Premiere Pro?

This is one of those requests that are so obvious, it doesn't really need an explanation regarding why it would be beneficial. After all, the benefits of contiguous selections in Photoshop is clear as a bell. ;)

Please add this option to all or, at the very least, one of the color key effects in Premiere Pro.

Thank you! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Time remapping

Please incorporate time remapping into the effects control window. A quick ramp effect which should take no more than a few seconds to create with two keyframes in the effects control panel takes ten minutes of clicking and dragging lines in the timeline (after changing timeline view settings from my preferred way to edit of very short tracks to a very large track so I can actually SEE the speed control) and trial and error to see if it works as intended.

Didn't this used to work differently (the way I am suggesting) in earlier versions of Premiere?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IRIS TRANSITION CONTROLS NEEDED

The Iris is a classic silent film wipe or to-black transition, here lacking some important controls.

I'd like to begin an Iris-out, but then HOLD for a start-end keyframe duration-- then continue out.

Current Iris is also lacking the INVERT checkbox found on many.

Finally, a TARGET function to shift coordinates- which allows the center of the iris to be right over a face or other important focal point in the frame-- not just dead center.

Best, as always,
    Loren

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Possible Easy to Reproduce Bug with Track Matte Key Effect and Non Square Pixels

I have been able to reproduce this on both a Mac and PC. Both with most recent versions of Premier Pro(14.4.0 build 38) and the respective operating systems. In each case, the issue only occurs with non-square pixels and using hardware acceleration (Metal on mac, Cuda on PC).

I have managed to reproduce this with minimal steps:

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start a new project (use Hardware acceleration)

2) create a new HD Bars and Tones, set it for 1.33 pixel aspect ratio

3) Drag the bars and tones to the sequence window to create a sequence with matching settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro Effects Control Bug

Premiere Pro Effects Control Bug

I restarted my computer, opened my project, selected my adjustment layer, opened effects control, selected the "1" object on the far right, scroll down and selected it's scale attribute, then hit my up arrow keyboard key. Some other objects in the adjustment layer become corrupted. Same thing happens if I try to move down the "1" object with my mouse cursor. This is repeatable.

Premiere Pro 14.0
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Driver Version 27.20.100.8587

Video of event at:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AinYe-Wd4MFJhMl-7gldHbwwDJvycA?e=GHWDgs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base