Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a typewriter effect native to Premiere

You can use a typewriter effect in After Effects but it seems like such a simple one to implement into Premiere and saves having to use that system if people don't have it or it complicates the workflow.
    Also add an optional blinking line option to the effect

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a separate and more sosphisticated Pan & Zoom panel

I'd like Premiere to have something like Corel VisualStudio's Pan & Zoom manipulator. It opens a new panel with two views of the current clip. The left-side image has a square overlay that lets you zoom in or out of the image just by resizing the overlay. On the right, you get a view of what the zoom will look like on the "full screen."

This way you can zoom without losing sight of the image as a whole, and it is much, much easier to resize and re-position your keyframed views.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Bug] Zoom animation gone wrong

When I change the start position of a zoom I made something strange happens... As this is difficult to describe I kindly provide a video here:
    https://youtu.be/kzoZlwf-uJc
    I found a fix by moving the keyframes a few frames in time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug: Cross dissolves on black video

I have encountered a bug on cross dissolves applied to 'black video' on a track. For context, this is to create a mask to dim part of the screen. Anyway, when the seq is played, there is a brief flash at the start of the transition that shows the black video, then it disappears and fades in as normal. Based on what I've experienced, this only bugs on "in" dissolves--cross dissolves between two black video objects or cross dissolve out doesn't have the same issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Linear Wipe effect does not work in Premiere Pro V12.1.1

When applying the effect Linear Wipe to any footage, graphics or text nothing happens. None of the Linear Wipe controls in the Effects Controls panel have any effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drop Shadow does not work in Premiere Pro V12.1.1

When applying Drop Shadow to any clip or graphics, or text, nothing happens. None of the Drop Shadow controls in the Effects Controls panel have any effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. “Master level / clip level” switch

It’d be great to have a “Master level effects/ clip level effects” switch and indicator just like the one used to switch from original footage to proxies.
    Right now, whenever you click on a clip from another master it resets to the clip level and you have to go and click to change to “Master effects” again.
    We need an indicator to make sure we are on the “Master level” all the time until we press the switch button again.
    Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Motion Tracking in Premiere Pro

Single point tracking in premiere pro. Tracking of single points is a very common thing today. It would be great to have some tracking functionality directly in premiere pro

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Feathered Transitions

Put a feather option built in to the effects controls for the basic wipes and irises in Premier Pro PLEASE!!!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Audio Panning

When panning the balance of a clip, instead of going left to right, it just affects volume. Also, C&P and Undo/Redo don't work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Time Warp

re activation of timewarp in effects for slowing down footage

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Warp Stabilizer - Can't Analyze - Must move above other layers to fix

Sometimes the Warp Stabilizer will not allow you to analyze footage. Ie: You click Analyze and nothing happens. This is a well know problem in the forums. The usual fix is to move the clip to the highest track without anything above it. This is a huge pain, especially if transitions are already applied.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Smart Clipboard

Paste the desired copied element (FXS, transitions, clips). If you paste without any clip selected in the timeline, paste the copied clip. If the clip is selected, Paste Effect. If an edge of a clip was selected, paste the transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep a clip's motion effect keyframes relative to the duration of the clip

In Corel's video editor, for instance, when you change the duration of a clip with motion effect keyframes, the position of those keyframes get updated relative to the new clip duration. In Adobe, the default seems to attach motion effect keyframes to the overall timeline, not to their relative position within the clip.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "Motion Tile" effect like After effect

Some time need to use that effect and easy to finish in Premiere Pro
    and dont need to use "Replace After Effect Composition" to make difficult working

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transform effect not animateable when using replicate

When using the replicate effect in the same effects chain as the transform effect and try to keyframe e.g. the scale on the transform effect it won't change over time and only use the value of the first keyframe

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. warp stabilizer analize area

Warp stabilizer does not work for all types of footage, especially when something in the shot changes shape (time lapse of setting sun in windy conditions for example).

By simply choosing an area to analyze, this problem can be circumvented. This can already manually be done in After Effects, but it seems only logical to be able to analyze a selection within premiere, and this could probably also speed up the process as less pixels have to be analyzed.

This would probably mean that "subspace warp" is not possible, but in these situations this is often not wanted anyway.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Failed Encoding When Using "Dip To White" Transition

I've encountered a consistent error while trying to export projects that use the "Dip To White" transition in Windows 10. However, when I switch the transitions to "Cross dissolve" I encounter no error and the encoding continues with no further errors. Has anyone else encountered this bug? I even updated Premiere and Media Encoder to the latest release and still encountered the problem. Here is the log of the error:

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \?\F:...screencast.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;09;10 - 00;00;09;19

Rendering at offset:…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Fix The Bug Where Encoding Fails When Using "Dip To White" Transition in Windows 10

I've encountered a consistent error while trying to export projects that use the "Dip To White" transition in Windows 10. However, when I switch the transitions to "Cross dissolve" I encounter no error and the encoding continues with no further errors. Has anyone else encountered this bug? I even updated Premiere and Media Encoder to the latest release and still encountered the problem. Here is the log of the error:

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \?\F:...screencast.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;09;10 - 00;00;09;19

Rendering at offset:…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base