Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warp stabilizer crashes in latest version

Warp stabilizer constantly crashes and makes Premiere exit unexpectedly after updating to the latest 2021 version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

465 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

3. Fix No Add/Remove Keyframe Button for Video Track Opacity

The Add/Remove Keyframe Button for Opacity on Video Tracks doesn't appear until after you add a keyframe by mouse. Assigning Keyboard Shortcuts for the function does not work at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Input window for transition duration when applying a transition effect

When you set a transition effect you then have to doubleclick it to enter the duration you want to have. This is very time consuming and one extra step you wouldn’t need if the duration window just automatically popped upon setting the transition.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: When upgrading to Premiere 2021 "Fill left with right" effects changed to "fill right with left"

After upgrading a project from Premiere 2020 to Premiere 2021 I discovered that any "Fill left with right" effect was changed to "fill right to left"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Morph Cut isn't working.

Morph isn't working. I delete the transition from the clips and put it a couple of times. I even restarted the program and it still does nothing when I put it where I want it. Even hitting the analyze button doesn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to add the function of material scaling to match the width and height of the sequence.

I want to add the function of material scaling to match the width and height of the sequence. This function can be added to the right-click menu or placed in the preset of the effect panel.
    EDIUS has this function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't see this effect in the preview window.

When I scale an image, I don't see this effect in the preview window.
    In the finished video, the effect works without any problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I don't see this effect in the preview window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I scale an image, I don't see this effect in the preview window. In the finished video, the effect works without any problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug - Dip to White/Black affecting multiple tracks

I have video and images on 3 tracks in my timeline. On Track 1 is a video full screen. Track 2 has a PNG, with a cut to another PNG, which are slightly scaled down, so you can see track 1's video below it. Track 5 has a nested sequence, which contains just 1 track of video, which is scaled down slightly, and has a cut. If I place a dip to white or black transition at the cut of the video track, all of the tracks dip to black or white. Except when using dip to black, the video…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Effect Controls in clip panel does not always work [BUG]

I am finding that editing and deleting effects and clip attributes in the clip effect control often becomes unresponsive. A work around seems to be toggling between workspaces. Some effects are not working at all, such as Color Key. (Version 15.0 on iMac Pro OS 10.15.7)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set matte on a clip change reference when changing track

Set matte on a clip in V1 with a reference on V2.
    Add a track, change track orders. You have to manually relink the track matte reference with the new track number.
    Please allow to do this automatically

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. user-assignable FX mute groups (per project)

Ability to assign a mute group (1..4?) for installed effects. For example; user could tick all color corr. fx to group 1 and all noise reduct. fx to group2, enabling previewing with ccorr. applied but noise reduction bypassed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. gradient wipe > gradient layer (reverse speed)

when applying a gradient wipe to a layer, the effect will not work if the gradient wipe > gradient layer is reversed in speed. a workaround is to nest the gradient layer layer, bring opacity to 100% within nest and bring nested layer shell opacity to 0%.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. displacement

Can we get a displace effect like in after effects pointing to a certain video layer - this would be nice!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Default transitions issue and color problem in 2021

Premiere default transition not working as expected. And this issue has not been solved for 9 years. You can see this issue when you do this:
    Create some text on top of some video.
    Apply default transitions on text layer.

Now go on timeline in the middle of this transition on text layer. Transparency should be there 50 percent, but it isn't. Default transitions in Premiere appear ugly and fast and making them longer doesn't help. With white text I have found that I can use screen transparency mode to fix this transition. But for colour graphics I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default transitions issue and color problem in 2021

Premiere default transition not working as expected. And this issue has not been solved for 9 years. You can see this issue when you do this:
    1) Create some text on top of some video
    2) Apply default transitions on text layer
    Now go on timeline in the middle of this transition on text layer. Transparency should be there 50 percent, but it isn't. Default transitions in Premiere appear ugly and fast and making them longer doesn't help. With white text I have found that I can use screen transparency mode to fix this transition. But for colour graphics I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default transitions issue and color problem in 2021

I am tired and ****** off by Premiere default transition not working as expected. And this issue has not been solved for 9 years. You can see this issue when you do this:
    1) Create some text on top of some video
    2) Apply default transitions on text layer
    Now go on timeline in the middle of this transition on text layer. Transparency should be there 50 percent, but it isn't. Default transitions in Premiere appear ugly and fast and making them longer doesn't help. With white text I have found that I can use screen transparency mode to fix…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base