Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On my premier pro I can not use the blur effect, doesn't allow me to apply? why is that? do I have to pay extra money to get that?

On my premier pro I can not use the blur effect, doesn't allow me to apply? why is that? do I have to pay extra money to get that?

I really need to know why when i select the blur effect to blur my background doesn't allow me to apply.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual X Y control of mask points

I really wish there was a drop down under the "Mask Path" in the effect controls pane that allowed you to manually set the X & Y positions of each point in a mask. Having to eyeball a mask shape is a pain, especially if you are trying to get straight lines. Having some way to manually input numerical values for the position of each point in a mask would help this immensely.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose background or foreground focus in Warp Stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer only focuses on the most prominent object in the frame. When reducing unwanted camera movement, it's not helpful for the Stabilizer to follow every tiny tilt or move of an actor's head. A simple toggle to analyze the background instead of the foreground would make this effect much more useful. It's not ideal to have to create an After Effects project and delete tracking points for this extremely common problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add check box "Repeat Edge Pixels" for Directional Blur

To fix this I'm not supposed to waste my time COPYING the same clip in order to paste it on the track below, REMOVE Directional Blur on this clip in order to NOT see the edges of my effect !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG - MOTION KEYFRAMES WITHIN EFFECT CONTROLS DO NOT WORK

my experience is while working within a 9:16 timeline. I place keyframes in both the effect controls panel under motion and under the transform tab when effect is applied.

I apply a starting keyframe and then another keyframe seconds later in a new position, which it seems to move, but then when I go to playback, there is no change in position.

this is so frustrating. This should not be happening in a 2020 version of an adobe software, this is the utmost basic effect in all of premiere and it doesn't even work, damne shame.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off new mask path point creation by default.

When I'm clicking around a mask, 99% of the time I'm trying to interact with already-existing path points. This winds up disproportionately resulting in the accidental creation of points that I have a hard time getting rid of (or often don't even notice until it's too late to delete them).

Please require the creation of new mask points to involve a modifier keypress.

Also, requiring a modifier key for the "rotate" option would help, too. That, or moving the mouseover area further away from the path. It's so close to existing points that attempting to click on them often results…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CONTIGUOUS selection option in one or all Color Key effects (just like in Photoshop!)

Photoshop allows users to create a contiguous mask, so why can't any of the color key effects in Premiere Pro?

This is one of those requests that are so obvious, it doesn't really need an explanation regarding why it would be beneficial. After all, the benefits of contiguous selections in Photoshop is clear as a bell. ;)

Please add this option to all or, at the very least, one of the color key effects in Premiere Pro.

Thank you! :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Time remapping

Please incorporate time remapping into the effects control window. A quick ramp effect which should take no more than a few seconds to create with two keyframes in the effects control panel takes ten minutes of clicking and dragging lines in the timeline (after changing timeline view settings from my preferred way to edit of very short tracks to a very large track so I can actually SEE the speed control) and trial and error to see if it works as intended.

Didn't this used to work differently (the way I am suggesting) in earlier versions of Premiere?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Random frame appears between cuts

A single frame from somewhere else in my sequence appears in between two elements, neither of which has that frame.
    In one example, it is between two jpegs. In the other it is between a nested sequence and the following MOV.
    In both cases, it is a frame for a JPEG that is part of the sequence.
    As you right-arrow three times:
    1st you see the last frame of the previous element
    2nd you see the JPEG
    3rd you see the first frame of the next element
    (The JPEG is no where near this cut)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dissolve options pop up window

How about the option of a small window that automatically pops up when adding transitions that allows the editor to choose the duration of the effect and its alignment (i.e. start at cut, end at cut, centered on cut)? No mousing should be required to select the options on this window – they should all be accessed via the keyboard.

The current option of clicking on transitions to change the duration or adjusting transitions by dragging is cumbersome for transitions that don't require subtle adjustments.

AVID has had this menu for years and it makes adding transitions much more efficient. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video and audio transitions (for eg. Dip to Black) should work on clips that have not been cut yet

Whenever I try to place a Dip to Black or Exponential Fade transition to clips that have not been cut yet (ie it's the very beginning or end of the original clip), it's not possible to place the effect.

Or if I'm using it between a clip that HAS been cut up (clip 1) and one that hasn't (clip 2), it'll apply the whole effect to the end of clip 1 but then do the dip to black transition during the time of the second clip (seems very counterintuitive and strange).

When you apply, say a 30 frame dip to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag effects to Custom Bin not working

In the last version of Premiere I used to create a Custom Bin in the Effects tab and drag all my favorites in there. I can create a bin but I can't drag anything in there now.

I'm on Premiere 14.5

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Extendscript panels to access and modify masks in Adobe Premiere

Extendscript should be able to read and set points on masks just as expressions in After Effects are now able to do. See feature request DVAPR-4226166.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Warning when exporting a sequence has unprocessed morph or stabilize effects

Because warp stabilizer and morph cut process in the background, there's not a good way of knowing if they're done other than to check each one first. Sometimes I'll output a cut only to see that it had forgotten all the morph cuts and hadn't re-analyzed them yet. So I get a bunch of banners in the output with hard cuts. There's no reason I would ever want to output a cut with those banners. At least give me a warning that there are still effects processing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Frame Hold Key Frames Bug

Seems like when I add a frame hold (freeze frame), I can add a couple of keyframes to the beginning of the clip (opacity 100% down to 30%, for example). BUT, I cannot then add any keyframes at the end to bring it back up to 100%. I have to cut the track into two clips, bring the opacity of the second clip up to 100%, then add a cross dissolve between the two. Have seen this bug reported elsewheres, so am thinking it's not just me! (Premiere Pro CC 2018, since 14.5 "isn't compatible...") Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. easy ease shortcut

A shortcut for easy ease. In After Effects it's simply F9. But I happen to use easy ease for premiere a lot too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete Multiple Transitions

The ability the delete multiple transitions at once sounds like it should be a given, but it is not.

So there's already a way to select multiple "cuts", just by pressing CTRL and dragging the mouse over, we can select all the cuts we need. With this selection in place, a single button (Backspace or Delete) should simply clear the transitions applied on those selected cuts.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base