Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

847 results found

1. sir, write-on effects in my Premiere Pro 2022 is not functioning.

write on effect not working in Premiere Pro 2022

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Blend Mode issues Adobe never bothered to fix - PLEASE FIX!

Hi,

Adobe, please FIX the way Premiere handles blend modes in any other scenario than a straight workflow, cause right now it is essentially broken if you want to do something more "advanced" than stitch various clips in straight timeline together.

For example, almost all of my work involve a lot of various graphical elements stacked together with many different blend modes. And if I have, for example, 3 graphical layers with different blend modes forming the needed picture and I want to Nest them to handle as one piece easily - bam - all the effects are gone, cause…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Revise the effect control masks.

It is incredible to me that Adobe that brings us Photoshop and After Effects has the almost unusable mask controls in Premiere Pro. Did you talk to your co-workers in After Effects? I cannot think of a more unusable masking implementation in any software that I have ever used that is so clunky. Almost anything would be better. How about letting me scale a rectangular mask symmetrically to make it wider or taller without the ridiculous steps this requires. Adobe user since 1998. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the "Adding mask on a clip with dissolve transition, makes the mask visible during transition BUG!!"

Adding a cross dissolve on a clip with a opacity mask makes the mask visible during the dissolve transition.

Please fix this, I know many have this problem and it´s been there many years!!

Best
    Anders

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Group based audio and video effects.

group 28 gets a paremetric eq with a 2khz boost. group 32 gets a lumetri effect with a 2 stop exposure cut. group 33 gets a tint change. You can right click on a clip and add it to one or multiple groups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CHANGE TO COLOUR effect not working on MAC

I got an email and decided to try out the tutorial and it doesn't work - a quick google search says it doesn't work on MACS anymore. Why send it in an email unless it works on all systems? Please bring it back or post a tutorial on how to do the same on a MAC.
    Thanks - see below for tutorial I was trying to follow.
    https://creativecloud.adobe.com/discover/article/how-to-replace-colors-in-adobe-premiere-pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Low Level Exception in Morph Cut over Nested After Effects Comp

A Premiere timeline (Sequence A) includes a clip that was replaced with a linked After Effects composition. A Morph Cut transition is applied in Premiere over an end of that composition.

Bug #1: When attempting to export Sequence A, we receive the low-level exception error.

Bug #2: If Sequence B contains Sequence A, it becomes impossible to Render Effects of Sequence B without receiving the low-level exception, even though it may be possible to Render Effects of Sequence A. (It is additionally odd that Sequence B cannot use the Render files of nested Sequence A).

Bug #3: The "around timecode"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parenting Layers in Premiere Pro

On a recent project I did I have to do a lot of temp VFX in Premiere, mostly with several layers of animated characters and doing a fake camera move like dolly or pan. And I have to manually keyframe the backgroud, all 3-4 separated animated character with the same keyframe so that they don't drift during the movement.

Since all those layers are sized differently, the "paste attribute" doesn't work. I can only come up with 2 workaround for this, all with their drawbacks. First one is to first place everything in correct places, then nest all the layers…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Warp stabilizer

There's an issue with the Warp stabilizer effect recently. Most of the time when I am using it the footage seems to be distorted. Seems the effect is not working well to stabilize a little shaky footage without creating distortion effects in the clip. This needs to be fixed. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. speed ramps based on timecode not precentages

It would be great to be able to create speed ramps with keyframes on specific timecode points vs just the percentages of the clip length as it is now.
    It is very hard to replicate an exact speed ramp when re-conforming a shot back into the sequence and the rendered clip is only the frames used, not the entire take.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make Corner Pin a high bit depth effect

Whenever I use Corner Pin to fix the image geometry of an interior shot, I get horrible banding in the export despite the source and output being 10+ bit video. This only happens to footage with Corner Pin applied, so this must either be a bug, or the effect is forcing the footage to limit itself to 8 bit only. I have to take each affected clip into After Effects where the exact same Corner Pin effect does not cause the bit depth to drop. Please update the effect in Premiere Pro not to exhibit this behaviour.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Effects separate windows

It would be great to open each folder in the Effects window in a new separate window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove all attributes but only for disabling effects not removing entirely

When I am rendering down a rough for my content manager to watch I just want to disable all instances of my noise removal plugins. I don't want to delete them because I need them enabled later for final renders. Having several shots in one sequence with these kind of intensive effects can bog down the machine having to click individually on each layer to disable the effect can be a pain. I also don't want to have to click individually on each layer to disable effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change the name of 'flip horizontal' effect to 'flop'

In most applications I've used, the effect called 'flip horizontal' in Premiere, is called 'flop' as to differentiate from flip which would be 'flip vertical'. While I like how it's logical that they're both called flip, and therefore alphabetically adjacent, and also contain the exact orientation so it's unambiguous, the problem is that this is just more commonly referred to as 'flop' even in AFTER EFFECTS! This means anyone with any editing experience will likely be searching for flop and wind up frustrated, as I am, every time despite using Premiere for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug Premiere Pro 2022

Using the track matte key with MXF OP1a files produces a glitch when rendered in my timeline. Effect consists of wipe element with alpha channel, a matte for the alpha and 2 layers of video the wipe is transitioning between. Most times after I render it will glitch back and forth between the video layers, sometimes it works though. Timeline settings 1920x1080 ProRes HQ 23.98 (delivery format). I've tried other timeline settings (match source settings etc) and I get the same glitches. I also made ProRes proxies but my guess is it's referencing the original media on export.

I can't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add AE's Bezier Warp and Mesh Warp to Premiere Pro effects.

I often take a clip from Premiere into After Effects to warp a part of the image for stretching etc. It would be so useful to add Bezier Warp and Mesh Warp to Premiere Pro and not just in After Effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nesting: put attributes inside or out

Inside After Effects, whenever you pre-compose a layer, you are prompted whether or not you wish to put all the attributes inside the composition or leave them active on the layer itself. A very handy feature that allows you to choose where you want certain attributes to effect the clips at hand.

Inside Premiere Pro we have a nesting option, but it will simply put all the attributes inside the nest.

Often, I combine speed ramping with warp stabilization, but these cannot be done on the same clip: a red warning will appear on screen. Usually, it's better to first…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PP 2022 (22.5.0 build 62) : French translation missing for some video effects

The french translation for video effect "Color replace" (and all other effects in the bin Image) are not translated anymore in french.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Morph Cut transition Not Working

Morph Cut transition not working using the most recent version of Premiere Pro. Have tried to use it in multiple projects over the past couple months with different settings and either get an error that says "a low-level exception occurred" OR it will apply the transition but wont work properly, it will "flip" back and forth between frames of the two videos you're transitioning erratically. Attached is an example.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VR Rotate Sphere Rotate/Tilt Broken

While using the VR Rotate Sphere in Premiere Pro, the Tilt and Roll become the same, in relation to the viewpoint. Adding the effect back on top of the footage resets this issue. Please fix.
    Running 22.5.0 (Build 62)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base