Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give back the controls for Dip to White and Dip to Black

One of my most used effects is the Dip to White. I often use this transition to create a white flash by setting the start to 50% and letting it end at its normal rate. It has a much more dynamic impact than the stock Dip to White. Now with that ability to control the effect is gone. You've taken a very valuable tool out of my bag of tricks. I'm begging you to restore the Dip to White/Black transitions to their previous state.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eye dropper within certain effects not working properly

So I have been having issues with the eye dropper tool within Premier both in Lumetri Color and in Cosmo II from Red Giant.
    Every time I click the tool to select a color, no matter what color I hover over and click, it always shows as black. I noticed that at certain areas of my screen the eye dropper tool would change colors in places that made no sense. I have a 4 monitor set up when I run Premier so I figured maybe the mapping of the screens was off withing Premier. I collapsed the app to just…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cross dissolve in audio tracks with less information than the transiition (Audition remix tool)

Cross dissolve in audio tracks with less information than the transition (Audition remix tool)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dissolves don't fully complete when clips are on different layers

Dissolves work fine when both clips are on the same layer. They don't work properly when one clip is above the other(s) and essentially fading to transparent.

If both layers are meeting on the same layer, there is a smooth transition from one to the other. If the transitioning clip is on a higher layer, there is a noticeable jump between the final frame of the transition and the first frame after the clip has ended (I'm talking about a dissolve out here, the same is true for in).

It's not always possible to have the clips on the same…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bin Effects - Like Master Clip Effects but for bins!

I've mentioned this multiple times, but not since you guys added this nifty user voice interface so here goes.

I remember watching the announcement of Master Clip effects. I got excited... Until it was revealed that the effects were constrained to the files they were applied on. Which is good for when you reuse the clip or use different parts of it... But I rarely do. So I never use it. And I guess folk like David Fincher also don't, because of the hundreds of clips and takes he so famously does. :)

But what did I want? Simple. A…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Replace the Warp Stabilizer of Premiere CC 2018 with the one in After Effects 2018

When applying Warp Stabilizer in CC 2018.1 on interlaced footage, the result is not playing smoothly (it was OK with CC 2015.2). Tested the same test shot in After Effects 2018 with field rendering ON and the result looks very good (like it was in Premiere 2015).

If I analyze a shot in CC 2015, then open the project in CC 2018, it plays fine. If I re-analyze the clip, it jerks. So the problem seems to be with the analyzing process in Premiere CC 2018.

I suggest to replace the Premiere Pro effect with the one in After Effects,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add back the controls for dip to black and white. I often used this effect with adjusted parameter to create a fade-to-black.

Fade to black is one of the most basic and commonly used effect in video production. I was surprised when I moved to Priemiere and realized they did not have a quick effect to accomplish this. I found a quick solution by adjusting the parameters on a dip to black effect and now that that has been removed I am suck with the clunky and cumbersome process of key-framing a black matte layer. Please, please, please add back the controls.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add back the controls for dip to black and white. I often used this effect with adjusted parameter to create a fade-to-black.

Fade to black is one of the most basic and commonly used effect in video production. I was surprised when I moved to Priemiere and realized they did not have a quick effect to accomplish this. I found a quick solution by adjusting the parameters on a dip to black effect and now that that has been removed I am suck with the clunky and cumbersome process of key-framing a black matte layer. Please, please, please add back the controls.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a mask to be moveable with keyboard arrows.

If the mask selection is too small, the hand icon no longer shows up. I have to enlarge the mask in order for the hand icon to show up. Difficult workflow when you have a lot of masks to adjust.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable copy/pasting of several masks in one go

When copying several masks from one effect to another in the Effect Controls panel, there should be a way to select all the masks and copy all of them in one batch.

When you have ten or more masks, the current behavior (copy one mask at a time) is not very efficient.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Warp Stabilizer in CC 2018.1 make interlaced footage not smooth (was OK with CC 2015.2)

When applying Warp Stabilizer in CC 2018.1 on interlaced footage, the result is not playing smoothly (it was OK with CC 2015.2). Feels like the frames are deinterlaced in the process, or something like that.

Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG - Keyframes disappear when I click on another element

Hello, I have a bug when I'm setting keyframes on a mask.

I can set the keyframes, but when I'm clicking on a other element in the timeline, the keys has disappeared...

Take a look on this video to see the bug : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVLCWjgrCQ

I have to set keyframes a second time and it works... It's really boring and time-consuming.
    Please fix it as soon as possible !

I'm on the last version of OSX with the last version of CC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to remove existing effects when pasting attributes

When I copy effects from one clip to another, I often want to replace the effects in the destination clip rather than add additional effects. (Updating color grading for example.) Currently, pasting attributes will only add the effects. So I have to first remove attributes every time.

I suggest adding an option in the paste attributes box that will remove existing effects before applying the new ones.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please Fix The Bug Where Encoding Fails When Using "Dip To White" Transition in Windows 10

I've encountered a consistent error while trying to export projects that use the "Dip To White" transition in Windows 10. However, when I switch the transitions to "Cross dissolve" I encounter no error and the encoding continues with no further errors. Has anyone else encountered this bug? I even updated Premiere and Media Encoder to the latest release and still encountered the problem. Here is the log of the error:

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \?\F:...screencast.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;09;10 - 00;00;09;19

Rendering at offset:…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to easily select multiple edit points for transitions.

Currently the only option I can find is to manually select each edit point (either between two clips, or at the ends) while holding shift. I'd like to be able to do something like draw a marque over all the clips or edits and be able to add the same transition easily. Computer are made for this sort of repetitive task. Any better ideas? Share away!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audiocrossfade in several lengths by multi-tap shortcut

I mostly use an audiocrossfade of 3 frames. 2nd most is a length of 15 frames.

I would love to have the option to hit the shortcut once for crossfade length 1 and double hit for length 2.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] Zoom animation gone wrong

When I change the start position of a zoom I made something strange happens... As this is difficult to describe I kindly provide a video here:
    https://youtu.be/kzoZlwf-uJc
    I found a fix by moving the keyframes a few frames in time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base