Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyframe Velocity should be changeable by values (like in After Effects)

The keyframe velocity values "speed" & "influence" should not only be changeable via graph editor without even seeing them.

There should be a shortcut like Ctrl + Shift + K (Windows) from After Effects that opens the "Keyframe Velocity" window.

Keyframe velocity should also be accessible through Extendscript.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Animation curve handle should be locked vertically if holding shift

If you edit the animation curve of a keyframe, it's very hard to only change the influence-value (left & right) without also changing the speed-value (up & down).

If you could lock the graph-handle's height to zero by holding down the shift key it would be much more user-friendly.

After Effects even has a very useful auto-snap feature, see attachment.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move between keyframes in Effect Controls using a hotkey

I should be able to move between each keyframe I've made without having to manually click the "Go to next keyframe" or "Go to previous keyframe" button. I want to be able to hit a button on my keyboard to be able to go between.

These two commands should be in the keyboard shortcuts menu under the Effects Control submenu

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Effect one only camera of a multicam sequence

In working with a multicam sequence, it would be extremely advantageous to be able to "effect" only one camera without altering any of the others. For example: one camera needs a different LUT than the others. It would be great to be able to add the LUT to that camera (sequence is already edited) without having to effect each and every edit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Master Effect delete and check - improvement

• See which clips have master effects, both in icon and thumbnail view

• Remove master effect on multiple clips

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drop Shadow not working correctly

I am using the new 2020 version of PPro. When I apply a drop shadow to a graphic or to text, nothing happens. I can adjust any of the settings, and nothing shows up. However, if I click the "shadow only" box, there is a colored box the size of the graphic that is there. Basically, it is just the shadow, but with no distance, softness or opacity changes. If I turn on "shadow only" on a text layer, nothing happens. The original text stays there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Opacity Masks priority over Motion Control

Due to the order of controls; if I create a mask for a PIP frame, but want to adjust position/zoom of the footage involved; the mask gets resized and positioned too.
    If I could drag Opacity above Motion, or prioritize it another way, I'd be able to play around with all the fine 2/3rds positioning in my mini frame - As Easily As Other Softwares.

I've found I can keep the crop mask static by nesting my motion activity, then masking the nest. Why does Pretend Pro CC skip the user friendly option? You've got your priorities in the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Built in Noise reduction for Premiere

Have some kind of built in video noise reduction on premiere would be great.That way you won't have no buy a 3rd party plugin or use after effects Thank you guys for everything you do.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thumbnail demo for transitions

New user, I'm looking for some creative transitions for logos etc.
    I'm looking at a list of titles that read like Klingon. Vegas shows basic animated thumbnails for every transition - even 3rd party plugins like Boris.
    This is a visual processing software, 'Mobius Zoom' means nothing to me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Transitions don't reliably copy and paste

i don't know why i have to phrase a bug report like a feature request and have people vote on it. If there are bugs in the software (and there are many), the dev team should track and fix those bugs. Why are we voting on which bugs should get fixed?

Anyway, i keep experiencing this one with transitions.

i very frequently use a Wipe transition, with the Reverse box checked, the colour set to 0xFFFFFF, and the Border Width set to 24. It's extremely annoying to have to set these parameters every single time when i use this transition…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We MUST be able to reorder audio effects in the Effect Controls panel

Premiere Pro 13.1.

It appears it's not possible to reorder audio effects applied to a clip any more. I'm sure this used to be possible.

I can only assume this is a critical BUG that no one has noticed yet.

Please give us back the ability to reorder Audio effects.

It's UTTERLY critical that we can do this.

Edit: I talked to support and they noted that we can cut and paste the effect into a new position. Whew. This is a reasonable work around.

But the inability to drag and drop really looks like a bug, since the cursor…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make "Save Preset" Available for ALL Effects

Every effect and transition should have the ability to be saved as a preset.
    Something as simple as a wipe with a custom colored border cannot be saved, forcing users to spend vital time recreating effects over and over.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't scale effects (like Drop Shadow) when an asset is scaled

i have a standard Drop Shadow preset that i use throughout my movies. If i apply the effect an image that i've scaled down, the effect scales with it.

It shouldn't. Or give me a check box to prevent this. My preset means i want a certain shadow at a certain size... it shouldn't be impacted by the scale of the object i'm applying it to.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Colorama effect inside Premiere pro

What i really miss is an effect like Colorama in After effects inside Premiere pro. I would use it a lot!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: Clip motion position disobeys keyframes

Steps to reproduce:

1. Throw any clip on your timeline

2. Add 3 Position keyframes. (The bug is more obvious if they're several seconds apart.) Confirm the position values for all are the default 960,540.

3. Change the position value for the 1st keyframe to 960,0

4. Change the position value for the 2nd keyframe to 950,540

Play and behold... between the 2nd and 3rd keyframe, the clip moves in the Y axis!
    And yet the 2nd & 3rd keyframes are from 950,540 to 960,540. So instead of a slow movement to the right, it's adding a down&up movement (my Y value peaks at…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When "Directional Blur" stops, it jumps one pixel

When applying a "Directional Blur" to a png, video, title what ever, and ramps it down from xx to zero, it jumps 1 pixel up when hitting zero.

See this example http://www.thhe.dk/directional_blur.zip
    zoom in on the png and see when it stops.

Can this be fixed ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When "Directional Blur" stops, it jumps one pixle

When applying a "Directional Blur" to a png, video, title what ever, and ramps it down from xx to zero, it jumps 1 pixel up when hitting zero.

See the attached example  - zoom in on the png and see when it stops.

Can this be fixed ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Crop effect video glitch in Catalina

Discovered a video glitch today using the Crop effect. Doesn’t matter if I apply the effect to the clip or an adjustment layer. The video glitch outputs with the bug, too, so it’s not just a display issue in the Program Monitor.

Steps: Drag the Crop effect to a clip in the timeline. In the EC panel, adjust Left, Top, Right, Bottom percentages. All but Right works. After adjusting Right above 4.0%, the entire video image shows a glitch that makes the clip impossible to use. The glitch goes away only when Right is 3.0% or less. See before/after screen…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to resize multiple clips at a time in your sequence.

in Effects panel you cannot save a preset of say scaling up footage from 100 to 150 % and then copy on multiple clips in a sequence. Should be a simple ctrl c and v but doesn't work like that either.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the new update of 2020 is very buggy on masking

the blue outlines do not appear when masking and I can't see the corners and edges

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base