Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Black Drop Shadow creates a white outline

Whenever I am using a black background scene with a colored video set to opacity 20% and I put a text with a black drop shadow effect, this shadow becomes white on the edges.

This is can be visible only in the scene preview and when you export the video. Attached some images as proof.

Please fix this issue with the drop shadows. I am always using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro and been like this for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Black Drop Shadow creates a white outline

Whenever I am using a black background scene with a colored video set to opacity 20% and I put a text with a black drop shadow effect, this shadow becomes white on the edges.

This is can be visible only in the scene preview and when you export the video. Attached some images as proof.

Please fix this issue with the drop shadows. I am always using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro and been like this for years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Text attributes (Fill, stroke, shadow, etc) copy and pasteable!!

PLEASE PLEASE make Text attributes (Fill, stroke, shadow, etc) copy and pasteable!! If you make one change to the appearance of your subtitles now you have to then individually change each subtitle - it's a nightmare!! These should definitely be attributes that you can paste onto all your graphics once you adjust one of them. Thank you!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warp Stabilizer Bug 2020

I applied the Warp Stabilizer effect to 4k footage that has been resized to fit a 1080p timeline. When I go to scrub back or play through the footage, the frame is pushed down to the bottom right corner of the preview window. It isn't just the one clip I've shown either. Ive had this issue with multiple different clips in the same timeline.

(See Pic 1 [No Warp Stabilizer] vs Pic 2 [Warp Stabilizer Applied]).

Why is this issue happening? Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm working with XAVS 4K Sony a7iii footage. 24p 100 MBPS.

Computer:

Macbook Pro 2019 …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Track Matte not rendering

I am applying the Track Matte effect (matting Luma) to a colour solid (V1) and using the clip above (V2) as the matte. The effect works fine but if I nudge the clips as a whole just one frame, every single instance of this in the project needs rerendering. I have tried all variations of new projects, new footage, new solids, open & nested, GPU/memory and on three different versions of Prem 14 (I'm on 14.9 PC specced out professional edit suite).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto Render background effects in Premiere Pro using Media encoder and not just exporting timelines.

How come Adobe has not implemented a auto background render of timeline effects from Media Encoder? I know Media Encoder can export out a final timeline so you can still work in premiere while exporting. But why not take it one step further and have it render effects? You could create a auto render in preferences or a button and as long as media encoder is open it could render all your effects while still working in premiere. Does Apple have some kind of patent on background rendering or something?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please make border effect

I want an inner border effect on the image.
    Ideal is the best, if possible also to Premiere Pro the layer effects in Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Warp stabilizer crashes in latest version

Warp stabilizer constantly crashes and makes Premiere exit unexpectedly after updating to the latest 2021 version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix No Add/Remove Keyframe Button for Video Track Opacity

The Add/Remove Keyframe Button for Opacity on Video Tracks doesn't appear until after you add a keyframe by mouse. Assigning Keyboard Shortcuts for the function does not work at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

462 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

11. Premiere Pro Effects Presets Need to retain the custom names given to them!

I go through the trouble of giving several effects custom names and then saving as a preset. Why would premiere delete my custom names and replace them with the name of the preset instead of the actual names!?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: When upgrading to Premiere 2021 "Fill left with right" effects changed to "fill right with left"

After upgrading a project from Premiere 2020 to Premiere 2021 I discovered that any "Fill left with right" effect was changed to "fill right to left"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Morph Cut isn't working.

Morph isn't working. I delete the transition from the clips and put it a couple of times. I even restarted the program and it still does nothing when I put it where I want it. Even hitting the analyze button doesn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to add the function of material scaling to match the width and height of the sequence.

I want to add the function of material scaling to match the width and height of the sequence. This function can be added to the right-click menu or placed in the preset of the effect panel.
    EDIUS has this function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't see this effect in the preview window.

When I scale an image, I don't see this effect in the preview window.
    In the finished video, the effect works without any problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I don't see this effect in the preview window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I scale an image, I don't see this effect in the preview window. In the finished video, the effect works without any problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Morph Cut analyzing problems

Morph cut regularly gets stuck on analyzing. Worse, it sometimes successfully analyzes once and then later forgets. When that happens I have to change the transition position/duration or remove it and add it back to try and force it to reanalyze.

The problem with forgetting analysis is so common that I have to step through my cut one edit at a time before outputting each time because there's no warning that something is still analyzing. An export with an analyzing watermark is useless.

Clicking the "analyze" button on a stuck clip also doesn't work. That makes the watermark spaz between…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base