Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. user-assignable FX mute groups (per project)

Ability to assign a mute group (1..4?) for installed effects. For example; user could tick all color corr. fx to group 1 and all noise reduct. fx to group2, enabling previewing with ccorr. applied but noise reduction bypassed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: adding a shape mask to an effect on a non-square pixel aspect (anamorphic) clip causes incorrect shape and unintended cropping

1. Create a 1920x1080 square pixel aspect sequence

2. To the sequence, add a 1440x1080 anamorphic source clip (ie one with a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio) ... image will correctly fill the frame

3. To the clip instance, add an effect eg Lumetri, Gaussian Blur etc ... effect is applied to the full frame image.

4. To the effect instance, add a shape mask.

Expected result : effect is constrained to the area defined by the shape.

Actual result: effect is constrained to the area defined by the shape, but that shape is incorrectly squeezed to the sequence's pixel aspect ratio ie 1.333 PAR…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mask perfect square and circle

I'd like to see a (perfect) square and (perfect) circle in masks etc. I am forever having to 'guess' if a mask is exactly square or a circle is perfect. It would also be helpful to be able to resize and position accurately with position info for lining up multiple masks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Camera Shake Effect

An effect that randomly generates camera shake with adjustable amplitude, direction, speed, etc. Other editing programs, such as DaVinci Resolve, Hitfilm, and Filmora all have shake effects that allow the user to create camera shake with an easily accessible .OFX effect. Paid services, such as Boris FX and Ignite Pro include this, but they're (obviously) paid services for a very simple, not entirely ground-breaking effect. I think an effect similar to these would go great as a base effect included with Premiere. There are many cases where this could be used, for example adding handheld feel to a film where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG! Effects on Nested Clips

I've noticed a degradation of clip quality when nesting and then applying effects to that nest in my main timeline, namely the directional blur effect, but this applies to other effects as well.

I've included images of directional blur on/off to show the difference in quality.

Sequences are identical in the main timeline and nested sequences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. please make it possible for scaling information to transfer from proxies to native media when native media is connected after the fact

please make it possible for scaling information to transfer from proxies to native media when native media is connected after the fact. most shoots have quick turn around and additionally are now happening remotely - editing begins with proxies in many cases, not just because they are easier for the computer to handle but because the editor does not have access to the raw media, meaning raw media gets linked to proxies later. however, none of the scaling information applied to the proxies currently transfers to the raw media, when the raw media is linked to the proxies after editing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn off time interpolation for speed changed clips.

It's not an idea. It used to be available and it was taken away. I don't want to interpolate speed ramps to 15000%. Allow a way to turn off time interpolation. Right now there is frame sampling, frame blending, and optical flow. How about one that is none like it used to be?

It just adds render time for no reason on speed increases.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an angle control to crop effect

Linear wipe has an angle control. Which tilts the wipe according to the angle selected

Can we have the same control for the crop effect.

I know you can use the motion rotation control, but that tilts the image as well. A crop tilt control would only effect the actual crop. Now you have the content aware algorithm you could have that as an option if someone crops and angles so there is some non video. Or they could choose to leave it go black, transparent or white perhaps.

This wo add some brilliant creative options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Input window for transition duration when applying a transition effect

When you set a transition effect you then have to doubleclick it to enter the duration you want to have. This is very time consuming and one extra step you wouldn’t need if the duration window just automatically popped upon setting the transition.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep 'Video Limiter' and 'Equalise (photoshop style)

No ‘auto levels’
    I'm Currently using Beta 14.9.0 (41R). Noticed there are none of the following effects available from the previous version:
    No ‘auto contrast’
    No ‘auto color’
    No ‘equalize’ (color)
    No ‘video limiter’
    No 'Fast color corrector'
    I get that the auto's aren't really necessary but often helpful in getting a 'ballpark' to see where I can take things. But PLEASE don't get rid of Video Limiter, it is essential in my opinion, not everyone only uploads to the web, we still need broadcast safe limits. And I find Equalize effect (photoshop style) very useful. Not sure if these…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Text attributes (Fill, stroke, shadow, etc) copy and pasteable!!

PLEASE PLEASE make Text attributes (Fill, stroke, shadow, etc) copy and pasteable!! If you make one change to the appearance of your subtitles now you have to then individually change each subtitle - it's a nightmare!! These should definitely be attributes that you can paste onto all your graphics once you adjust one of them. Thank you!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a Master Motion control

I would love a Master Motion control in Premiere, kind of like how we have it in AE: highlight selected clips and be able to move them in real-time altogether. I've been there so many times, were I need to change the position of a ton of titles for example, I know were they need to go, but manually placing them clip by clip will take forever! This would be such a helpful tool, would love for you to consider putting it in Premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. time-keyframes do not work correct

When a video is manipulated in runtime by setting key-frames, the resulting sequence can not be used in full length.
    "Seq" shows no video between inpoint (54:13) and picture "Bild.jpg" (1:04:00).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Crop video effect as a standard option in the effect controls

For those who use the crop effect regularly it would be beneficial in my opinion to add a crop menu control in the general effect controls for every clip, potentially under "motion" controls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement an Effects cropping feature for video clips similar to Windows 10 Photos

Implement an Effects cropping feature for video clips similar to Windows 10 Photos. This would be faster to edit than the current Crop-Motion combo.

This is an Adobe Premiere Pro feature request. Your cropping feature is far too complicated, time-consuming and imprecise.
    It involves multiple steps Effects - Crop, and also Effects - Motion.
    The Windows 10 "Photos" app has a much simpler cropping user-interface. Could you implement something similar to it? I would be happy to be beta tester for this.

This is for video clips. 24 frames per second or faster that can last for up to several…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Warp Stabilizer should be updated

Warp Stabilizer is horribly slow and and in need of a refresh, especially considering how fast auto reframe is in comparison. The effect still only runs on 1 thread per clip, stops analyzing as soon as you as much breath, and will slow a project with a lot of warp stabilization down to nearly unusable levels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Timecode effect works the same in software and CUDA

At the moment the source timecode SMPTE, is giving a different timecode when using Software vs CUDA rendering for the project. The software gives the correct source timecode burnin.

A work around currently is to add a software only effect so that it forces software only render to give accurate burn in timecodes when sending out offline edits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Warp and sharpen don't work

I installed the latest update last week but can't use Warp and Sharpen anymore. The error code "This effect requires GPU accelaration" is coming on my screen (look appendix).
    So I reinstalled the previous version and i was able to use the Warp and Sharpen again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow time remapping and warp stabilizer to be used on the same clip

Why do I have to nest any time I want to use time remapping and warp stabilizer on the same clip? Make the system nest it in the background so I don't have to clutter my project panel with a bunch of nested sequences that are used just to stabilize single clips.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base