Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding effects directly to video layers (Audio Track Mixer for Video layers)

Being able to add effects directly to a layer which makes all clips on that layer affected would be a huge time saver.
    If you have a multicamera sequence with 3 different cameras where you want to add same grade to all clips on track 1, track 2 and track 3 seperately.

Or even being able to make adjustment layers only affect the clips on the layer directly beneath would also be amazing... (like in photoshop)

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Treat "Source" effects as the Intrinsic effects are, and display only one Effects Control tab

Currently there are two tabs for the Effects Control Panel ... the Source and Sequence tabs.

Much "modern" media is meta-driven, and has what are set as "Source" tab controls: all Log & RAW formats among others.

But the user never ever sees ALL effects on a clip in one place, and does not even KNOW there are perhaps Source effects applied when in the Sequence effects tab.

Plus ... the only way to get between them requires a mouse action, as there are no keyboard shortcuts nor control surface actions to change panels.

It's slow, clunky, inefficient, and ...…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Select transitions for multiple clips at once

I want to select transitions for multiple clips at once
    We can select edit points at once with Ctrl + drag.
    However, there is no way to select transitions all at once.

To select multiple transitions
    1. Hold down the SHIFT key and click, and select each multiple clip transitions.
    There is no other way.

As a method of selecting transitions at once, it is good to use Ctrl + SHIFT + drag, Ctrl + ALT + drag, etc.

afterwards,
    We can easily change the duration by right-clicking.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere Pro Effects Presets Need to retain the custom names given to them!

I go through the trouble of giving several effects custom names and then saving as a preset. Why would premiere delete my custom names and replace them with the name of the preset instead of the actual names!?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "Crop" under Effect Controls

The video effect "Crop" should be part of the other default effects in Effect Controls. I use "Crop" so often that it's annoying to constantly add it from the Video Effects Folder. It just makes sense to add it alongside "Position," "Scale," and "Rotation."

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Pro, ability to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances.

Premiere Pro, ability to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A simple rotate and zoom

Useful for straightening horizons. A simple slider that combines the zoom and rotate functions so it's perfectly cropped at the edges when straightened. Like photography apps have had for decades.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. why are some of the wipes that are available on the PC missing on the Mac, for example the "random wipe"?

This is not really an idea but more of a statement. Can you please keep the same wipes and effects for both systems. I was working on a Premier project that was on a PC and when I opened it on the Mac the wipe effect that is on the pc is missing on the Mac. Why can't they just have the same ones?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TIMECODE GENERATOR and CLIP NAME effect NEEDED STILL

PLEASE do NOT remove the timecode and clip name effect!!!!! I saw they were moved to the "obsolete" folder. WHY???

We have several producers who work "remotely" and can't be at the facility to create EDL's (Edit Decision Lists). There is no way for them to access the footage. So, I create "window dubs," by placing all the footage in a timeline and adding the CLIP NAME and TIMECODE effect to the clips. Then I can upload the rendered file to YouTube and the "producer" has a video file with all the clips and referenced clips timecode to be able…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. エフェクトコントロールパネルの高さ(幅)の保存

エフェクトコントロールパネルでキーフレーム作業をする際、グラフエディタを使う事が多いのですが、ここの高さ(幅)が狭いためグラフがよく見えず、毎回マウスで引き伸ばして作業をしています。

マウスでドラッグして高さ(幅)を広げて作業した後、別クリップを選択すると直ぐに元の高さ(デフォルト)に戻ってしまいます。

別クリップを選択する度に、高さが戻るため、毎回マウスでドラッグして広げてからグラフエディタを調整して、、という作業が非常に煩雑となっています。

可能であれば、この高さ(幅)を固定する、もしくはワークスペース保存時に記憶されるように機能改善を希望します。

ご検討、宜しくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. エフェクトコントロールパネルの高さ(幅)の保存

エフェクトコントロールパネルでキーフレームアニメーションやイージング作業を行う事が多いのですが、添付画像の『高さ』と記入してある部分を固定するもしくは、ワークスペース保存時に記憶されるように機能改善を希望します。

マウスでドラッグして高さを広げ作業後、別クリップを選択すると元の高さ(デフォルト)に戻るため、毎回のマウスで拡大する作業が煩雑と感じています。

ご検討、宜しくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. エフェクトコントロールパネルの高さ(幅)の保存

エフェクトコントロールパネルでキーフレームアニメーションやイージング作業を行う事が多いのですが、添付画像の『高さ』と記入してある部分を固定するもしくは、ワークスペース保存時に記憶されるように機能改善を希望します。

マウスでドラッグして高さを広げ作業後、別クリップを選択すると元の高さ(デフォルト)に戻るため、毎回のマウスで拡大する作業が煩雑と感じています。

ご検討、宜しくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Invert Ultrakey selection

I need to make a mask of everything except for one color. It would be easier to create a Ultrakey, pick the color I don't need and invert it.

Example: I have a title and a red object moving on the screen. I use the video on V1; the text on V2; I duplicate the original video on V3, ultrakey the red object and invert it, so it would go on top of the graphic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Camera Shake Effect

An effect that randomly generates camera shake with adjustable amplitude, direction, speed, etc. Other editing programs, such as DaVinci Resolve, Hitfilm, and Filmora all have shake effects that allow the user to create camera shake with an easily accessible .OFX effect. Paid services, such as Boris FX and Ignite Pro include this, but they're (obviously) paid services for a very simple, not entirely ground-breaking effect. I think an effect similar to these would go great as a base effect included with Premiere. There are many cases where this could be used, for example adding handheld feel to a film where…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search for effects in the Effect-Control Panel

I use the search feature in the Essential Graphics panel a lot and it would be so helpful to have a similar search function in the Effect-Control panel.
    I often work on small screens and having to open the Effects and Presets panel to drag an effect into the Effect-Control Panel takes time. I would like to have a search bar in the Effects Controls Panel that allows me to add Effects directly to the selected clip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display Date and Time of when clip was recorded/created

I'm happy about the new Metadata & Timecode Burn-in plugin. The addition I would really like to see is an option in the list for Date and Time, showing when the clip was shot.

In nearly every video I make, I need to know/display what time it was when it the clip was shot. I believe some cameras record special metadata for this, while others like GoPro just have the creation date. Being able to display this onscreen via a plug-in would be a tremendous benefit. Today I use a different NLE in order to retrieve this info from my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base