Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

35 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user moves the cursor.

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master…

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

441 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

5. Enable the option to make SHORTCUTS for effects.

It would be so much more practical to be able to assign shortcuts to effects instead of always have to drag the effect on the clip on the time line.
    There are short cuts for everything else (for things I use a whole lot less), so why not make avail for effects?
    Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Baseline Snapping for Scale Graphs and Value Graph for Position Keyframes

It is really essential to have a baseline enabled for both value and speed graphs of the Scale motion property that we can snap to in the effect controls panel.
    Also necessary to have a value graph added to Position motion property in addition to the speed graph.
    In other words, value and speed graphs for properties inside the effect controls panel should work exactly like they do in after effects

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Warp Stabilizer Bug 2020

I applied the Warp Stabilizer effect to 4k footage that has been resized to fit a 1080p timeline. When I go to scrub back or play through the footage, the frame is pushed down to the bottom right corner of the preview window. It isn't just the one clip I've shown either. Ive had this issue with multiple different clips in the same timeline.

(See Pic 1 [No Warp Stabilizer] vs Pic 2 [Warp Stabilizer Applied]).

Why is this issue happening? Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm working with XAVS 4K Sony a7iii footage. 24p 100 MBPS.

Computer:

Macbook Pro 2019 …

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update your Transitions Adobe!

I've been using Premiere since 2000 and THE TRANSITIONS HAVE NOT CHANGED.

FCPX is whipping Premiere's butt in this category and I see no reason why Adobe hasn't even touched them except to add VR transitions.

My only theory is that Adobe is moonlighting/partnering with filmimpact.net which is the only company offering transition plugins that actually work in Premiere as transitions rather than presets. Of course it is also a paid for subscription. Seriously Adobe? We have to pay to get a transition with easing options?

Who in 2020 is using "paint splatter" and "pinwheel"?

Please update this, I teach…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. time-keyframes do not work correct

When a video is manipulated in runtime by setting key-frames, the resulting sequence can not be used in full length.
    "Seq" shows no video between inpoint (54:13) and picture "Bild.jpg" (1:04:00).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard Shortcut mappings for Blend Modes

One of the things I REALLY miss about Final Cut Pro 7.0 was the ability to map Blend Modes to keyboard shortcuts.

As a finishing editor & colorist, I spend a LOT of time conforming editor's timelines for color correction in Davinci Resolve, and eventual roundtrip back into Premiere. This task constantly requires that I be able to compare stacked clips with each other using "Difference" mode on the top clip, which makes it really quick to slip and slide clips into alignment with each other.

In FCP 7.0, I would just map "Difference" to a keyboard shortcut, and another…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Find transitions in a timeline

Add the ability to find transitions in the timeline, as well as remove all transitions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copy and paste effects

Hey,

I know we have the sophisticated copy and paste.

But sometimes when working its convenient to just copy and past one or 2 or 3 effects from one clip in the timeline to a second on.

Can we pls have the ability to do so?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trackpad scrolling and zooming within the effects controlls keyframes

Please add intuitive horizontal scrolling and zooming with Mac Trackpad in the Keyframe-Editor within the Effects controlls. Thanks

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. warp stabilizer via isolated selection

It would be great if there was an option to tell the Warp Stabilizer effect to stabilize a clip using only on a selected area of the frame. For example, if I have a handheld shot of a helicopter on the ground and the rotors are just beginning to turn, it would be great to tell Warp Stabilizer to only look at the static body of helicopter rather than being influenced by the movement of the rotors.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn off time interpolation for speed changed clips.

It's not an idea. It used to be available and it was taken away. I don't want to interpolate speed ramps to 15000%. Allow a way to turn off time interpolation. Right now there is frame sampling, frame blending, and optical flow. How about one that is none like it used to be?

It just adds render time for no reason on speed increases.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Input window for transition duration when applying a transition effect

When you set a transition effect you then have to doubleclick it to enter the duration you want to have. This is very time consuming and one extra step you wouldn’t need if the duration window just automatically popped upon setting the transition.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a Master Motion control

I would love a Master Motion control in Premiere, kind of like how we have it in AE: highlight selected clips and be able to move them in real-time altogether. I've been there so many times, were I need to change the position of a ton of titles for example, I know were they need to go, but manually placing them clip by clip will take forever! This would be such a helpful tool, would love for you to consider putting it in Premiere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. time-keyframes do not work correct

When a video is manipulated in runtime by setting key-frames, the resulting sequence can not be used in full length.
    "Seq" shows no video between inpoint (54:13) and picture "Bild.jpg" (1:04:00).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Warp Stabilizer should be updated

Warp Stabilizer is horribly slow and and in need of a refresh, especially considering how fast auto reframe is in comparison. The effect still only runs on 1 thread per clip, stops analyzing as soon as you as much breath, and will slow a project with a lot of warp stabilization down to nearly unusable levels.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base