Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep transition effects already made in the timeline when replacing a clip

This is very much needed and wanted especially from all my colleagues in the news editing department. When you have set audio transitions on your clips and you want to switch out the audio in the exact length you always have to redo all the transitions. This is very time consuming.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show clip duration in timeline directly on the clip

At the moment you have to hover over a clip in the timeline to show its duration. It would be much more helpful if you could just activate it like the "clipname" for example so it is shown directly on the clip.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bulk edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries’ setting.

It is a huge limitation to force a user to edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries' setting manually one clip at a time. We should be able to select as many subclips as necessary from a bin and change this setting in bulk across multiple subclips at once.

If you are making subclips in Premiere, you are given the option to set this setting at the time of creating each subclip....but what if you want to change those settings afterward? Or, more importantly, what if you are using Adobe Prelude to make the subclips?

Adobe Prelude is significantly better/faster…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Workspace changes not saving, order of workspaces not being saved.

As many others are reporting, workspace changes are not working. The most recent version 13.0, no longer saves my layout of workspaces. Every time I reopen, I'm back to the default order of workspaces, with all the ones I have created pushed to overflow.

Also, changes to my primary workspace are not saved. No matter how many times I rearrange my space for a two screen layout, the underlying layer comes back on relaunch in a single screen.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove double click for import int he project panel

remove double click for import int he project panel. super bad UX, always accidentally opening the import window trying to select clicks

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 'Extend Marker' Keyboard shortcut

I miss how in FCP7 you could place a marker on a clip, scrub to the end of where you want your [sub]clip to end and then press a keyboard shortcut to extend the marker.

I also miss how you we were able to then take those markers, drop them into a new bin and they instantly became subclips for editing!

The way it is now you have to create a marker, OPT click drag it to extend it (or use the sliding glove in the markers panel) then go back mark an IN, scrub back to the end and…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug report - No audio playback in Sequences

In newest PP 12.1.0, for some unknown reason audio playback does not work in entire sequences. The audio waveforms are still on the clips, but no audio plays. The workaround here is just to select all the clips in sequence, and copy/paste into a brand new sequence, and voila, audio works. This has happened to me three times over the course of 2 days, and it only happens after I quit a project and reopen it later. Please fix!

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Converting in/out points to markers

I want a feature what allows me to convert in/out points to marker with duration and backwards, marker to in/outs

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ability to set poster frames on subclips.

there is an absolute need to be able to set poster frames on subclips. the fact that it doesn't work on subclips is counterproductive, and hinders the workflow. it simply is incomprehensible this is still not possible in Premier Pro 14.01

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reinstate Ability to Install Encore CS6 some of us still need it!!

Have the installer for Encore still availiable. We still need it and have older projects.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SOLVE SECOND MONITOR OUTPUT (from release 13.1)

Second monitor Output issues after updating to 13.1(build 193) or 13.1.1 ...

We cannot have output anymore to the second monitor !

I have the main monitor Dell 34" UltraSharp U3417W (3440x1440) connected in Display Port, and the second a 22" Phillips (1920x1080) connected in DVI (on a Nvidia GTX 1080 TI)

Updating Nvidia doesn't solve, inverting screen 1 to 2 doesn't solve.

Switching Display port before starting premiere permit to solve temporary, but after restart we need again to switch DP port !
    It's impossible to work like that.

Release after release, there are more and more bugs.
    Customer…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow using 'Camera Label' meta with 'Audio' synchronize point when creating Multi-Camera Source Sequence like it is now with 'Timecode'

Currently creation of a single multicam sequence using 'Camera Label' or 'Camera Angle' meta tags as Track Assignments is only allowed when using 'Timecode' option.

If the same is allowed for the 'Audio', it would save a lot of assitant editor time spent otherwise on dragging clips back to one camera angle one by one as the 'Audio' option won't read either of these metatags in either camera or audio sources clips, creating a one-clip-per-track fan-like structure.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AUDIO AND VIDEO LAYERS DON'T MOVE TOGETHER AND IT CAUSES A HUGE WASTE OF TIME

Premiere Pro CC Question:

I'm trying to make it so that when you move a video clip from the first layer (V1) to the second layer (V2), the linked audio will automatically also move from A1 to A2?

When I used to edit with FCP7 the audio and video would move together from layer to layer automatically, but with Premiere I've had to move audio and video layers separately. I asked my group of filmmakers and they all said that they have the same issue but they don't have a solution. PLEASE HELP.

I talked to adobe customer service and…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide Timeline Tracks

I'd love a way to hide timeline tracks. I tend to record several audio backups, and it'd be great to be able to keep the information (even if I'm not using it currently.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. merge clips

Hi I really like how merge clips work, but hope to see some improvement along the way.
    1. Audio metadata. Can we have a better workflow for sound post-production as to syncing using merge clips without losing any audio metadata?
    2. In the preview area, if a merged clip is used in sequences, there's no "video/audio used in xx times" indicator (like a normal clip).
    3. I guess just generally treat merged clips as a regular clip?
    Thank you!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Un-nest Option

I think that unnesting sequences in premiere; that is, quickly undoing the "nest" function to separate your video into all its associate tracks and audio into all its associate tracks, should be available. It would make preparing XMLs for colorists and multi-channel audio exports for audio engineers much easier.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy and paste timeline markers

The ability to copy and paste timeline markers within a timeline and between timelines.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More accurate Time Remapping

Time remapping in After Effects is great because you can choose the frame it lands on. Premiere is sort of a guessing game, would love to see more control over this.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base