Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LTC Time Code

We need the ability to read the Timecode when recording audio LTC timecode to the file. Currently I have to use davinci Resolve to read the code. AVID already has this capability.

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG REPORT April update - Workspace tab layout preferences don't save

In the latest April 2018 release, the Workspace tabs layout has reset. I have rearranged to my custom tabs layout several times, but each time I open a new project the tabs layout resets to the default.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shortcut for activating source audio tracks

Sometimes you have to switch audio source tracks quite frequently. This would be much easier if you could activate or deactivate them via shortcuts. This is possible for target tracks in the timeline but not for the source tracks.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Aux timecode (like Avid)

Avid has 5 Auxiliary timecode fields that allow alternative timecodes to be stored

These are useful to hold references (eg to time of day or sound timecode) that may be different from the video file timecode

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete all disabled media from timeline or selected track

While re-working versions I will often enable/disable audio or video clips. I do this practice so that it is relatively non-destructive in my edit, or so I can toggle on and off during a screening.

When its decided, or i'm finalizing my project I need to flatten timeline and clean it up. It would be nice to have a way to automatically select a track or entire sequence and tell it to delete all disabled media.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search Bins / Filter Bin Content and metadata -- inconsistent results

Example 1
    Create a Search Bin to gather items containing "Scene 42" in "All Metadata"
    Add text "Scene 42" to the "Scene" column of a Master Clip
    Add text "Scene 42" to the "Scene" column of a Sequence

The Master Clip will appear in the Search Bin
    The Sequence will not.

Example 2
    Type in "Scene 42" in the Filter Bin Content box
    The Master Clip will appear in the filtered content
    The Sequence will not.

From a technical perspective this might make sense
    Media on the drive contains the actual "metadata" and sequences are not media on the drive.…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. keyframes and effects

This is mainly a problem for those of us who are sent 100 photographs and told to make a great video. But there really needs to be an option, when you are adding simple effects like dissolves, to tell the computer to move the keyframes to extend to the new beginning and end of the clip. Nothing quite as annoying as laying out 100 photos, giving each a particular movement, dropping in dissolves, then having to go through EACH PHOTO to move keyframes back to the now new beginning and ending of the clip. That seems like it is an…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Burn a DVD or a BluRay with Premiere (or reintegrate Encore in CC)

Adobe CC is powerful but... you can't burn a DVD or a BluRay. And you can do it with Element.
    It's a interesting function when you wanna see the final cut to your family (or customer).
    Best

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mute and solo buttons in source monitor

I often have to work with video or wavs with multiple audio tracks from a variety of microphones. I would like to be able to solo or mute tracks in the source monitor so I can monitor which tracks I want to edit with before editing them into the timeline. Editing 8 tracks of audio into my timeline requires me to reconfigure my timeline organisation and to reroute my track patching.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Nest Sequence Into Selected Bin

It would be great to have nested sequences go to the selected bin when the users first nests their timeline assets assets.
    Currently, when you first nest certain clips on your timeline, they go to the source project outside all bins in the project panel, instead of moving them later to the desired bin, a faster workflow when you have tons of assets is to set the Nested Sequence to a desired bin.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Convert media into nest

In project windows right click on media should convert it into nest.
    Just like labels in sequence change it's colour to chosen label on media, all cuts in selected media will transform into nest with effects and cuts you already done in sequence.

In the nest you will have unedited video with default effects (all effects you have used are in the cuts of the nest).

Why this feature: After editing I take specific media and repleace it with AE composition because of keying. It is way easier to put in on one media in the nest which is edited,…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make copying / pasting portions of a sequence (subsequences) more controllable and less messy

As a longtime commercial Avid editor, I've been using a copy/paste technique (copying and loading of material lnto the source monitor) as a major part of my workflow for many years. Basically, in Avid you can set and in/out in your timeline, copy that area (which also obeys track selection) and load it into the source monitor (the copying and loading into the source monitor is one keystroke/command). You then insert/overwrite that material as you would any other clip or sequence. This is a messy/painful process in Premiere. Pancake editing is one solution, but really takes too many steps to…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XMP ID workflow clarity needed badly for multiple editors

I can't find a good resource online from Adobe for how multiple editors can seamlessly work on a project using different drives with copies of the same data. I am working off a RAID, and have written XMP IDs to all clips on import, so when I combine projects I don't get duplicate media. But if I try doing this using our second RAID with copies of all our media that do not have the XMP ID data, then I assume media will begin to duplicate, which is really bad for a feature documentary edit. I desperately need help understanding…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When adding a new caption, inserting it at the playhead location, not directly after the previous caption.

Almost always, my playhead is at the location I want to insert the new caption. This would cut out an entire step. Our team spends so much time captioning that this would be a major time-saver.

(Happy to provide clarification, or answer any questions on this minor improvement.)

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. extend nested sequences

When you nest a clip into its own sequence, it would be great to still be able to extend the edges (provided there is room in your source clip), if only to be able to do fades properly. At the moment, when I nest a clip, I have no room to do video/audio fades.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please make a Ripple Cut

I would love a RIPPLE CUT. The is a ripple paste and a ripple delete but why no ripple cut? Final Cut 7 had a ripple cut and i used it all the time. I would love to not have to take an extra step (copy, ripple delete) to remove a clip and paste it elsewhere

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bpm timeline in premiere

bpm timeline in premiere.
    why is not this option in wonderful premiere.

been using your products/adobe center for many years...
    this would be such a brilliant function

please :-D photographer norway

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Upgrade the way to work with time remapping

Time remapping in Premiere is very uncomfortable to work with. For example it would be nice to work on your time in a separate window/panel designed for it. The adjustments in the timeline can be very frustrating. Another big point is the missing anchor point. It's kind of a guessing game sometimes where your remapping lands.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base