Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Premiere Pro - REQUEST: IMPROVE "Close GAP" command. Fix / extend better functionality!

"Close GAP" is awesome, but works ONLY when there are NO tracks on top or below, that close the gap. It does not work if there is an adjustment layer on top, or an audio track below or any track for that matter below or above the current track (or tracks) where I cant the gap to be closed. Please fix/extend its usability by:

1. Option to exclude LOCKED tracks.

2. Option to CLOSE the GAP even if there are layers on top or below, simply by marking ONLY the gaps we need to be closed.

3. Combination of both 1 and 2.
    21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add auto audio hardware detection as option or quick button on work spaces to swap audio hardware on the fly

Enable auto audio hardware detection for smoother audio hardware transition or add work space feature for on the fly hardware controls to multiple or single sources

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change multiple transition durations at once.

Change multiple transition durations at once.
    Frequently, one will need to change the duration of multiple transitions on multiple clips on separate tracks. It would be convenient to be able to shift click multiple transitions and change them all to the same duration within one dialog.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Match frame a subclip to its master clip

When working with a subclip in the source monitor, hitting "Match frame" should load up the master clip it was generated from.

Yes, this will require logging master/subclip relationships.

This feature has been requested for nearly 5 years.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1555182

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move markers with Track Selection Forward Tool

I don't think this needs a description, it doesn't make sense to move everything forward or backward without moving the markers.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: What happened to Proxy creation? Buggy and slow in V.12 compared to V.11

Under v.11, proxy creation was a "set it and forget it" situation - I'd come in the next morning and everything would be done. Now under V.12, the process seems to stop, start and stall randomly. Does not seem to be a specific file type to trigger this either. MXF, MOV and MP4 all have this issue.

My system specs:
    Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015
    10.13.3 (High Sierra)
    32 GB memory / AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select all disabled clips in a sequence

It would be great to be able to select all the disabled clips in a timeline.
    When I edit, I often disabled audio clips I don’t want to hear, but I don’t want to remove them (because I want to pass all the clips to the soundmix department by exporting aaf when the picture is lock).
    When exporting aaf or omf, the disabled clips are not passing through. So up to now, I would need to duplicate my sequence, then re-enable manually all the disabled clips.
    If there was a function to select all of them at once, it would…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set Ripple End function in timeline

While editing, I need to make adjustments in timing but want to leave untouched everything to the right of a particular point. "Set Ripple End" would be a visible line across the vertical of the timeline at that point, indicating where rippling will have no effect. Clips bumping up against that point are simply truncated and everything past the line is preserved.
    This was a function in Avid DS which I found very useful.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bin Sync

Rather than constantly importing footage, have the option to sync a bin with a folder on your hard drive. Whenever media is added to the folder on your hard drive, it automatically appears in your project bin.

This is extremely helpful when continuously gathering new media for a project.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better track management tools in timeline- Nest multiple tracks, un-nest tracks, re-order existing tracks,

Better track management on timeline.
    -- Nest audio tracks
    -- Un-nest feature to restore
    -- Change order of tracks, drag and drop up and down
    -- Ability to nest several tracks (shift click or command click to select)
    -- Track selection box, draw it around the area of tracks you want to edit without effecting any clips or audio outside of that box selection. For example you might want to move a chunk of files, or only operate on a small section. Right now you only have all tracks forwards or all tracks backwards of the selection. Yes you can…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alignment Tool to center elements

It would be fantastic to have an alignment function, effect modifier to align any type of object in the project. I.e. I have a small graphic that I want to center in the middle of the video.
    Have a panel that can use the anchor point and center the object like text, left aligned, center, right align, etc.
    Thanks!

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Video mixdown like avid (or better)

Currently we have to export, import & overcut in timeline to have a permanent ‘render’ of a section.

Avid offers a video mixdown option that cuts out the export/import & an audio mixdown (& ‘multiple mixes’) option that puts the audio ‘render’ on a seperate track (or duplicate of sequence).

PP could offer a version of ‘transparent video’ that could act as a ‘render & replace’ source.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert in and out selection to marker with duration

While we are able to option/alt-click a marker and drag to give it a duration, it would be a bit quicker to have a keyboard shortcut that would convert an in and out selection to a marker with that duration. And also, to be able to right click a marker duration and have the option to mark that as an in and out selection.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyframe Curve Editor Function in Premiere Pro

The keyframing in Premiere is very static. It is very difficult to get a nice Bezier curve and the window to edit these curves is very small and a pain to navigate.

The curve system in After Effects is great along with the curves editor and allows for very nice keyframing. I would love to see a version of this keyframing added to Premiere as it would make keyframing much easier than having to Dynamic Link each clip that needs keyframing for simple effects such as Opacity, ramping or other effects.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AutoPatch track selection and dragging source to timeline track selection

For me, the most frustrating aspect of moving to Premiere from Avid is how you patch / select source and program tracks. It would be incredible if there was a preference to auto-patch, as in Avid... Well, if I'm being honest it'd be great if you just completely ripped the Avid model off, because it's just one of those areas that makes a lot more sense in Avid. Meaning, If I have a source That has 1 video track and 2 audio tracks, and a timeline with 8 video tracks and 8 audio tracks, If I select video track 5…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vertical scrolling over the complete timeline

Please get rid of the “division bar” between video and audio tracks so when you scroll vertically it works over the whole timeline or maybe implement a checkbox in the settings where you could activate or deactivate this behavior.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remove multiple transitions

There should be an option to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. By fixing Dynamic link in CC19

You guys do a great job but.... every new version seems that dynamic link gets messed up. CC19 PPro media browser not updating new Ae comps through dynamic link. On a 2013 Mac Pro. Cheers. Pete.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to Set Keyboard Shortcuts for Colored or Type Markers

We use different colored or different type (chapter/comment/segmentation) markers for different reasons, but the only way to edit a marker's color or type is to double click on a default marker.

It would be much faster if we could set keyboard shortcuts to create different types or colors of markers.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base