Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add modifier keys to marquee selection tool to add/subtract clips

Add modifier keys to the selection tool to allow for adding/subtracting clips within the bounds of a marquee. why? Currently there's no fast way to select a bunch of clips in a scenario like this:

https://twitter.com/demafleez/status/990285808052686848

You could control/command click the individual clips or you could lock the other tracks and marquee the clips in the unlocked track but either route takes waaaay too many clicks. A big drag if you do this alot.

Please revisit the selection tool and expand on its functionality by adding modifier keys to the mix.

42 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Default clips to time remapping > speed (SHORTCUT)

Make clips default to time remapping > speed instead of opacity. OR Have a shortcut assigned to make clip into time remapping > speed instead of right-clicking 3 times to open the function. PLEASE.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change default "Show Clip Keyframe" for entire sequence

The visible keyframe slider for every video is Opacity by default. It is a nightmare trying to right click each clip, if you need to display a different keyframe for it (E.g. Time for speed ramps).

An option is necessary for setting the default displayed keyframes for the entire sequence. The ability to also bulk change thedisplayed keyframes for multiple clips would also be good.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Source Monitor (See Video and waveform at the sametime)

When editing TV, Reality, Digital, even social, it can be more useful to edit by looking at the wave forms, and can be faster to find the point in a shot where dialogue starts and stops, instead of just sliding and hunting for the moment, and miss a soundbite. BUT it's also hard to catch a mciro reaction in the footage when you're only putting in and outs via the waveforms, so to be able to have both visible at the same time AND being able to choose to link the controls or separate them or link them would save…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sequence markers - several improvements

I think the sequence markers need radically overhauling. Below are three different suggestions that I think will help. I've also attached an image of how these changes will look:

Problem 1: Currently, when you use "track select forward" it ONLY selects clips and not the sequence markers. This makes the tool virtually useless, as it means your markers no longer remain in place!

Solution: "Track select forward" tool should select clips AND markers.

Problem 2: The sequence markers exist as individual objects, so to change the division of two sections requires resizing BOTH sections. Sections can also overlap, which is…

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. font and size in the interface

I would like to be able to change the font and font size across the board in the interface. it is WAY to small for my old eyes

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a crossfade by overlapping audio or video clips in the timeline

The current way to add and manipulate transitions on the timeline is a sort of "guess & check" method, you've got to have the right amount of handle frames before you add it, and the way it is displayed isn't very visually appealing.

I propose adding the same functionality that Audition has, where overlapping clips will automatically create a crossfade. This is an incredibly intuitive way of handling transitions, and can also be applied to Video transitions (as is done on other professional NLEs). See attached gif for an explanation of what I mean.

Currently, overlapping clips on the timeline…

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When scrolling on the timeline using your mouse wheel, hotkeys no longer work for a few seconds, unless double pressed.

When scrolling on the timeline using your mouse wheel, hotkeys no longer work for a few seconds, unless double pressed.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select and delete/copy/move multiple markers at once + more

Markers should be movable as simply as we move footage. Select multiple markers by dragging, then delete or copy/paste. Ripple delete moves markers on a sequence, but doesn't delete the markers inside the in/out of the ripple delete. Select all forward doesn't select markers.

For people like me who only/mostly work on scripted shows I use markers all the time. It would be lovely if they were more malleable.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Close Gap command

Very simple thing I miss from Final Cut Pro: The Close Gap command. Park the playhead in any gap, hit Ctrl+G, and the gap closes. It's a wonderful little time saver!

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyboard shortcut to Solo video tracks

The ability to solo/unsolo a video track, preferably with an assignable shortcut, in the same fashion as for audio track soloing.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the TRACK MATTE effect with a "Motion Settings Affect Matte" Checkbox!

The Track Matte effect in Premiere Pro almost never works the way we editors need it to, and it's high time this essential effect gets fixed!

When creating a Track Matte, changing the Motion parameters of the clip the effect is applied to also changes the resulting matte. For example, if I zoom my clip to 120%, the clip zooms 120% but so does the matte. This makes it impossible to move a clip within a matte's 'window' without nesting.

The current way to get around this is to nest the clip, apply the Track Matte effect to the nest…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Render and Replace of Nests

It would be great if a nested sequence could be rendered and replaced

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Timecode generator is broken and buggy

Fix the timecode generator

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add preference to disable "Selection Follows Playhead" turning itself on

This has to be one of the most annoying things. It just seems to turn itself on randomly, even though I only use a single workspace and am not changing between color/editing etc, the setting gets triggered somehow. We need an option so that it will never turn on automatically, I can set up a key command to easily control when I want it on.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organize multicam synchronized clips by camera name or number

Would be great to have the ability for the "Create Multicam Source Sequence" function to be able to place all clips from a single camera on a single track (either by bin, camera metadata, etc.).

Currently, multicam sync places each clip on its own track - multicam sequences with many clips can become unmanageable with too high of a track count.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Global marker search

Global search for markers would be a very important feature. This has been requested by many editors going back to 2015 and still nothing. Markers are virtually useless if they can only be searched within a clip or sequence. If i'm looking for the marker "cat" and i don't know where it is, there's no way to find it. And that is the essential function of a marker - to aid in the search for a moment within footage. To search all clips or sequences individually for a long form documentary is impossible.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. You need a normal time remapping

You need a normal time remapping like davinci resolve and final cut pro x

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →