Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set new marker duration to clip length within source monitor

This would really speed up the editing process for long form interviews i.e. where markers are used to annotate the interviewee's speech after the footage has been cut down in the timeline.

A simple shortcut to, for example, "apply a marker spanning duration of clip" or "apply marker from in to out point" would be all that's required here.

Either that, or a keyboard shortcut to enable the start and end points of a marker to be added using the mouse at the desired playhead's position. ALT/OPTION clicking and dragging is cumbersome, not accurate enough and takes up lots of…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto reframe

I would be nice to be able to plug in specific pixel dimensions that would act as the sequence setting for the new sequence.

I also like the idea of batch reframing that someone mentioned earlier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Lock clip in time when moving between tracks

Please please please add the ability to hold a modifier key when moving clips between tracks that will lock that clip in time. The snapping feature is not reliable enough and it really slows down editing. Final Cut pro has the feature where you hold shift and you can move a clip to a new track but it will stay exactly where it is in time, which helps things from getting out of sync. It's reliable and allows you to work quickly. In Premier I constantly have to move to the head of the clip and zoom in very closely…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing 4K clip on 1080 sequence in Source Monitor uses incorrect crop

When double-clicking a 4K clip instance from a 1080 sequence to load it into the Source Monitor (SM), the SM displays the clip as cropped instead of fitting it to view. It doesn't exhibit this behavior if the same clip is loaded into the SM from the Project window, or if the 'Scale to Frame Size' is set for the master clip, even if that setting is overridden (turned off) in the timeline instance of the clip. Full details including a screencast of the issue can be found here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Editing-4K-clip-on-1080-sequence-in-Source-Monitor-uses/td-p/10608704

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow audio to retime with video

As a editor primarily using video game clips, if i wish to re-time and entire clip the audio does nothing, so it involves many more steps and time to re-line the audio. Especially if linked to a video you should auto re-time the audio with the video key frames

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Live preview of slip edit

Live preview of audio waveform shifting when using slip tool

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Preview doesn't stop

Preview doesn't stop when I press space bar. Has a delay for 3 or 4 seconds to respond.
    What happend?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 'Add Edits at Marks' shortcut need

Need a hotkey that separates the clip (like “Add Edit” tool) according to the selection marked by the in/out points on the Timeline. That is, to split the clip at the same time at the in/out points WITH focus on this clip.

Thanks,
    Vadim

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stereoscopic 3D Support for Timeline (not 360)

Now that 3D is on it's way back because of the numerous and affordable VR headsets, can Adobe team introduce 3D options for their timeline so you can edit a left eye and right eye and view in 3D using the options side by side, top bottom, interlaced, or anaglyph?

You have some options for equirectangular VR or files that are already top bottom / sidebyside but I don't see any options when shooting your own 3D content as left and right eye.

The goal is to bring in the left eye footage, make edits, duplicate sequence, rename to right…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Brief description: Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes. How would you like the feature to work? All

Brief description: Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes.

How would you like the feature to work?

Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes. I'd like to set keyboard shortcuts to alternate between Show Clip Keyframes for Opacity and Time remapping as I used both a lot and right-clicking gets old and tiring. Others are looking for this too. See this forum thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2286959

Why is this feature important to you?

It should be obvious but it saves time and is ergonomically friendly for what has apparently become a people feature of the timeline.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When adding new a/v tracks to sequence they should default to current track size setting.

Personally, I miss the old track height button from past versions. The collapse is way to small and expand is way to big for general editing. I made a custom preset that is more medium sized. It's just big enough to display thumbnails. The problem, however, is when you add a track it doesn't add it at the current pre set size which makes no sense. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Designate a folder for subclips

I don't know if this is a feature but if not I'd like to see it. I'd like to be able to right click on a folder and designate it as my subclip destination folder. Every time I click on a new clip for subclipping, I have to re-select the folder I'm trying to put them in. I'd like to be able to set it once and always have my subclips go into that folder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug Report: Cant set IN and OUT Points after Autosyncing Clips

Hello everyone,

here a "little" Bug that needs fixing:

After I Autosync my Video Clips to my Audio Files I cant set IN or Out Points in that snychronized Clip. Setting IN and OUT in other Clips or Audio Files still works fine, but not in the synchronized Clip. My Workaround for a few days now is to save the Project and restart Premiere. After that I can set IN and OUT Points in the synchronized Clips. Thats a bit annoying to be honest. Please fix that.
    Thx everyone

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto Scene Detection

Premiere needs an auto scene detection cutter to help color grading rendered videos.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mouse scroll = zoom in and out

Hi, in my old editing software (NCH Videopad), using the scroll wheel in the mouse makes you zoom in and out on the timeline. I find this so much more useful than the scroll wheel in Premiere which makes you pan left or right in the Premiere timeline.
    Right now you can do it by holding ALT and scrolling with the mouse, but it makes it difficult, and does not allow me to grab a clip with the left mouse button and quickly move it to another place in the timeline.
    In my other software, you can just hold onto…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Label Project settings make it default to be selected !

Hey there,

Checkbox: Display the project item name and label color for all instances).

should always be active as a default.
    It,s ok to deactivate it, but the default should be that it´s selected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please update us on the Canon H265 (XF705) codec for Premiere

Adobe must inform its users on updates regarding support for future codecs and not blank out customers concerns and push these customers away to another Video platform. In marketing, you create the want for your products, ensure you create the want to stay with your products.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Duplicate multiple footage elements as adjustment layers (for color grading) on next video track

It would be very nice if, as in SpeedGrade, you could create multiple adjustment 'clip' (layer) over the original footage placed into a Premiere Pro video Track.
    It was a very neatly organized feature in SpeedGrade where you could apply one passe of color correction, for example.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow marker text to be displayed in the source monitor when viewing multicam clips (as it with regular clips currently).

Allow marker text to be displayed in the source monitor when viewing multicam clips. Currently you can display marker text in regular clips, and you can see the markers and shuttle between them in a multicam clip, but unless I'm missing something there's currently no way to display the text in markers in the source monitor when viewing a multicam clip. Being able to so so would be enormously useful for me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base