Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow disabling of timeline playhead dragging within the track area of the timeline.

Playhead should only be draggable via the top pentagonal section, not the vertical line within the timeline track area. Sometimes a mouse click selects and drags the playhead rather than a clip.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background Matte won't fade correctly

When I add more than three titles to a sequence, the lowermost track doesn't get rendered anymore.

See attached sample project.

When you initially open the project, the playhead is placed at a position where a red background matte image and four titles are added to the sequence. As you may see, the red matte from track #1 isn't rendered. Instead, the preview window (and the rendering) show a black background (i.e. nothing).

Please fix.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently selected track highlighted in "info" panel based on clip selection

Problem:
    When working with many video tracks, it's very useful to have them scaled vertically as small as possible. This makes seeing the track names impossible because either they are not displayed or, if they are, the names are too small to be read. This makes getting lost in a vertically large edit very easy.

Suggestion:
    Selected clip's track name and information is highlighted in the "Info" panel.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Speech bubble timeline notes.

Speech bubble style notes that can be stuck onto a timeline, as a guide if the editor needs to hand over a job or if a client is viewing without the editor present. Big obvious guides, Eg. 'This bit still needs GVs.'

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In addition to Label colors, can we get a Label "gradient" for broadcast versioning?

Previously, Adobe have made changes that were hostile to broadcast environments where versioning is required (changing the function of "enter" to become "all stop"?!)

To make lives (or at least mine) easier, I humbly request the following:

When versioning out multiples of a master, each audio cut is unique. If I could select all the audio cuts and choose "label-->gradient series", this would allowing me to choose two colours and then Premiere would label each item selected--in order--with the colors between those two colours selected.
    This would make versioning more efficient and less prone to error.

Glancing at a timeline…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reversing interlaced footage doesn't play smoothly

When reversing speed in CC 2018.1 on interlaced footage (more than 100%, for example -500%), the result is not playing smoothly (it was OK with CC 2015.2). Feels like the frames are deinterlaced in the process, or something like that. Although, when nesting the original 500% clip, then applying the reverse of -100% on that does the trick, but it's annoying having to do that.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scrolling through the timeline with cursor without affecting the edit

Would it be possible to get an option where - like in Avid - we could scroll through the timeline with the cursor, clicking anywhere without affecting any of the clips? It feels a bit limiting to have to click at the top of the timeline to scroll through.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Razor tool snap option

I've recently moved to Premiere Pro from FCPX (and have been non-linear editing since the mid 1990's starting on Avid)

It seems that Premiere's razor blade cutting tool DOESN'T SNAP to the playhead, and that there's no simple 'shift key' option for this. This is astonishing. - We are editing with frame accuracy, so why would I ever want to cut just 'somewhere near' the frame I'm seeing in the monitor? I ALWAYS want it to be exactly on that frame, and can't think of when I would ever want the cut to be somewhere randomly near that edit point.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Duplicate Sequences via right click on Sequence tab

Duplicate Sequences via right click on Sequence tab (located above timeline). Also allow (Hold Alt + Click & drag file) to duplicate in bins, just like in photoshop with layers.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Frutiger font does not work on the latest version of Premiere Pro

Despite the fixes, I seem to be having issues with only one font in my system, Frutiger (and all of it's font family) - which is the only font I am permitted to use within my organisation for branding.

How do I go about getting Frutiger to work with Premiere Pro AND After Effects (as I almost always utilise Dynamic Link between the two pieces of software).

Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. source patching button broken?

Copy&Pasting clips around the timeline seems broken. The C&P ignores the original clip's track and position- fine... and C&P does use the play stylus- ok... but setting the source patch buttons seem to do nothing. I can only seem to C&P onto track 1.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Track targeting presets mapped to shortcut keys

I find that when I'm working on placing b-roll on my second layer of video, and want to audio of the b-roll to follow on, say a7 and a8, I need to disable track targeting for v1, then also disable track targeting for a1, a2, a3 and a4 by manually clicking. This way I can copy and paste my selects either in a pancake editing scenario or from the back of my sequence into place.

It would be great to have the ability to create Track Targeting presets that you can set, just like you can set track height presets,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Canvas overlay for markers change color based on marker color (FCP 7 feature)

I'd love if like in Final Cut Pro 7, the overlay displayed in the Canvas window for markers changed color according to that marker's color, instead of defaulting to orange.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Multiple markers placed at the same timecode

Sometimes when the playhead is over a marker, and I press the marker button to bring up the window to change its label color, Premiere instead adds a second marker at precisely the same timecode.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video Effects Position Bug

This doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally, it does. And it requires me to restart Premiere.

1) Take 1920x1080 multicam clip, and create new sequence with it.

2) Change Sequence settings to 1080x1080 (I edit videos in Square format for Social Media platforms like Facebook.)

3) Open Effect controls. Change (x) Position. The position jumps to 32767.0. Dragging or using arrow keys, has no effect. (Keeps jumping between 32767 and 32757.) If I enter a value, such as 500, it jumps to 888.9.

4) Quitting Premiere and reopening project seems to put everything back to normal. (Position is still…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Virtual multicam

Feature request:

A ‘virtual multicam’ mode. Mainly for reality type shows but also useful for sports & entertainment shows, indeed anything with multiple sources shot contemporaneously.

How it would work:

Toggle view from current single timeline clip to show any/all clips that match that that clips shoot date & ‘multicam reference timecode’. (Audio tracks also to be available.)

Should compensate for CFPS (shoot frame rate)

Notes:

On well organised productions shoot date & timecode & cfps metadata would be accurate.

In other cases shoot date could be generated from file creation date and/or manually adjusted. Timecode similarly could be calculated…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcut for Next and Previous Sequence

Pretty obvious. Hitting the sequence shortcut only moves in one direction. If you have a bunch of sequences open you should be able to open the next, then hit a modifier key and open the previous one.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base