Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track targeting presets mapped to shortcut keys

I find that when I'm working on placing b-roll on my second layer of video, and want to audio of the b-roll to follow on, say a7 and a8, I need to disable track targeting for v1, then also disable track targeting for a1, a2, a3 and a4 by manually clicking. This way I can copy and paste my selects either in a pancake editing scenario or from the back of my sequence into place.

It would be great to have the ability to create Track Targeting presets that you can set, just like you can set track height presets,…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Canvas overlay for markers change color based on marker color (FCP 7 feature)

I'd love if like in Final Cut Pro 7, the overlay displayed in the Canvas window for markers changed color according to that marker's color, instead of defaulting to orange.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: Multiple markers placed at the same timecode

Sometimes when the playhead is over a marker, and I press the marker button to bring up the window to change its label color, Premiere instead adds a second marker at precisely the same timecode.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Video Effects Position Bug

This doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally, it does. And it requires me to restart Premiere.

1) Take 1920x1080 multicam clip, and create new sequence with it.

2) Change Sequence settings to 1080x1080 (I edit videos in Square format for Social Media platforms like Facebook.)

3) Open Effect controls. Change (x) Position. The position jumps to 32767.0. Dragging or using arrow keys, has no effect. (Keeps jumping between 32767 and 32757.) If I enter a value, such as 500, it jumps to 888.9.

4) Quitting Premiere and reopening project seems to put everything back to normal. (Position is still…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Virtual multicam

Feature request:

A ‘virtual multicam’ mode. Mainly for reality type shows but also useful for sports & entertainment shows, indeed anything with multiple sources shot contemporaneously.

How it would work:

Toggle view from current single timeline clip to show any/all clips that match that that clips shoot date & ‘multicam reference timecode’. (Audio tracks also to be available.)

Should compensate for CFPS (shoot frame rate)

Notes:

On well organised productions shoot date & timecode & cfps metadata would be accurate.

In other cases shoot date could be generated from file creation date and/or manually adjusted. Timecode similarly could be calculated…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shortcut for Next and Previous Sequence

Pretty obvious. Hitting the sequence shortcut only moves in one direction. If you have a bunch of sequences open you should be able to open the next, then hit a modifier key and open the previous one.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: "Replace With Clip From Source Monitor, Match Frame" is one frame off

Whenever I try to use playhead to playhead replace edit a clip from my Source Monitor to the timeline it's one frame off. This has been there for many versions now.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ratios

Be able to export 9:16 aspect ratio and publish directly to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and perhaps even Whatsapp stories.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Importing .MTS Files permanently breaks the metadata to the point that 2017 can't open them.

I have been having nothing but trouble with 2018, so we decided to roll back to 2017, only to find that any .MTS file that had been opened in 2018 will not relink to the original file (via .xml) in 2017. We get a generic error that the audio and video do not match the original file, even though it is the original file. The only work-around we have found so far is to open them in Resolve and export them as .mov, and then relink ignoring file extensions, but that adds massive amounts of time and file storage. At…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it work without fear

I want to not worry it will crash every 5 seconds. 1. Make it save like FCPX: in the background, it should save every time I change ANYTHING. I want this so I don't have to worry about hitting save every time I do anything for fear I will lose my work. 2. Make it work better with MTS files. 3. Thumbnail view in bins is slow to show and won't show the thumbnails while playing in the timeline. 4. Importing takes too long. 5. Exporting takes too long: even when I don't have a ton of effects it still…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow to insert a clip in a blank space between 2 clips via shortcut

sometimes I get a blank space between 2 clips that I want to insert a clip into. I can use the 3 or 4 point edit method of marking the selection (/ key) and then overwrite (. key). but it would be nice to just drag with the alt key over the blank space and have the clip fit in there, as it works if there was a clip in there already.

here's an example
    https://imgur.com/a/UYJfjge

here I am using my most often workaround which is to drag the clip above, slice it, then drag it in.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Randomize clips in timeline

Is there a way to randomize clip in timeline for brainwash purposes only. ty

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add motion keyframes to clips with Frame Holds (bug currently freezes motion at original end of clip)

Currently when you add motion keyframes to a clip with a Frame Hold, the keyframes will only work up to the frame that was previously the last frame of the clip, and then all motion stops.

You can work around this in a number of ways (nests, adjustment layers with the transform effect applied, etc) but it would be great if there wasn't an extra step involved just to make keyframes work on a freeze frame/frame hold.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Merging Proxy Files on Timeline/Media Browser

Proxies that have reached a maximum data limit in camera will often times be broken up into several pieces of the same clip. When editing with the intent of relinking footage to the RAW data later, Premiere Pro should have the capability of merging clips together, as to be able to relink without needing to create a nested sequence (that cannot be relinked). This will help avoid any issues with FX changes, or color timing needing to be matched all within the same clip/sequence later on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show current field

When jogging between fields (currently only between field 1 / field 2 - should really step to previous/next field, even if on different frame) - some indication that we are on field 1 or field 2 (small 1 or 2 top left of frame?)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. +1 for bug-fixes... I've gone back to CS5.5 to work on 46 fps video because the latest version just doesn't handle it well at all.

Current version of PP does not handle 46 fps AVI file - seems to skip and repeat bits of the video during playback making it impossible to synchronise with other video feeds.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow clips to have an 'anchor' when synchronising

Often when I'm syncing two clips (one on video 1 and the second on video 2), once the audio sync is done, it will move the V1 clip along to match up with the V2 clip (which remains in the same spot). This can be super frustrating when the stuff in V1 has been set up perfectly and am just trying to slot in the new clip in V2 to be in line with it, but now the V1 clip has just overwritten something else in that part of the timeline.

You should be able to anchor any clip you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sticky Clips

Similar to the 'Group' option Sticky clips merely keeps clips grouped but selecting a clip does not default to selecting all clips. Moving a clip in the 'Sticky' clips groups still moves the clips in the group.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base