Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deselect "unaffected" clips after "add edit"

Select a bunch of clips then "add edit" using keyboard shortcut. All selected clips remain selected with exception to the clip portion to the right of the playhead where the edit took place.

This will often result in the unintentional deletion of unseen clips or clips that were not immediately affected by the add edit. Personally it would make more sense to deselect all clips that aren't affected by the 'add edit' and just select the portion of the affected clip/s to the left of the playhead after the 'add edit'.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View timeline in Bars

I would like to be able to set my timeline to display bars (and subdivisions) depending on the selected BPM. Maybe also with some sort of a snapping function to negate the need for so many markers.

Check out the interface of Ableton or similar DAWs for reference.

This would make cutting to the beat in music videos so much easier.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data driven video content for localised content via Excel or google docs

This concept goes on a idea developed by DataClay plugin for AE.
    This feature allows you to automate the processing of a timeline / comp by swapping dynamic graphics or video / still files ALL via a google docs sheet or a CSV excel file.

May I propose a system whereby you have creative timeline edit with graphics supplied as a video file or image file.
    you would create a template timeline containing placeholder material which can be swapped out and replaced all via a cell sheet.

This feature would help those who do repurposing / localisation of the same…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. middle click for move sequence

Please make pan (Hand Tool) in timeline (sequence) with mouse (middle click)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please include live auto save while editing inside Premiere

I would LOVE to see live auto save feature like FCPX and DaVinci Resolve have so we don't have CTRL+S every now and then. With that that anoying pop up save window interrupting playback will be a history.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. duplicate frame marker show where the duplicate is

Clicking on Duplicate Frame Markers should show where the duplicates are. This was a feature back in the FCP7 days that came in very handy. When there are lots of duplicate frames in a timeline, assigning them random colors isn't enough. Currently, if I have a duplicate frame marker, there might be several different sets of duplicates using the same highlight color, which makes finding the dupe difficult, but even if not, I still have to scour through the timeline manually to find it. I'd like a feature where clicking or right-clicking on the duplicate frame highlight pops up a…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG REPORT 2020: (Strg-Z) not working inside a multicam-source-sequence

Hi!

I just started a multicam-project in 2020 and regret it.

When I do changes inside a multicam-source-sequence I can not undo the changes!!

Instead it undoes the steps of the main editing sequence! Fatal!

System: Premiere Pro 2020, Windows 10, gtx1080

Best regards, MARKUS

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Crashing on Opacity Key Frames

I'm working on keying something in a scene with the opacity keyframe options and it continues to be crazy slow and then crashes when I try to move or delete one key. I know it's not my computer (or shouldn't be) because I 32gbs of ram, a NIVIDIA RTX 2070 Super graphics card, AMD Ryzen 2700x processer. I can run this thing pretty hard so a few opacity keyframes shouldn't crash the program if it's the computer's fault...

Other things:
    - I've cleared my cache
    - I've played with my playback settings (both software and CUDA GPU acceleration)
    - I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keywords on Clips

I sometimes miss the function to give Clips in the Timline notes or keywords (to find and assign them more quickly in the timeline)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow clip markers to navigate to that moment in the source monitor even if clip isn't selected, and add the clip name in the marker window.

Clip markers are borderline useless if we can't immediately point to them in our projects. The marker window doesn't even say the name of the clip. If we have a timeline of multiple clips from multiple sources covered in clip markers how the heck do we navigate to those moments if the name of the clip isn't even in the marker data window?? Can we at least have the option to open that marked spot in the source monitor? Also make markers globally searchable, clip and timeline. Thanks. AND. Allow us to copy/move markers from clip to timeline and vice-versa.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeze Frame bug still not fixed in Premiere 2020

I reported this bug in Premiere Pro when the 2020 version was released and after a few updates the problem remains....
    When you create a still frame (export frame) and drag it back into the timeline it is a different lighting to the original.(lighter)
    This has never happened in any other version of Premiere Pro as I have to do this all of the time.
    It means I have to continue using the 2019 version so it would be great if someone could look at this
    Many thanks
    Paul Jones

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom labels should follow when you upgrade

Why do you give the user the ability to make custom labels if you don't include them with the updates? There is no function that imports labels from older versions. I use custom colors and names for my labels but I am sick of creating them again and again every time you post an update to PRP

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. title tool

The Title tool is a disgrace and it costs people a lot of money. When I take16X9 timeline duplicate it and then scale down the sequence to a 1080X1080 for a 1:1 aspect ratio it should LEAVE THE TEXT ALONE. I have hundreds of text layers that now need to be manually recreated. I can't paste these layers in, case it auto scales and changes the position. Oddly enough its in the wrong place and its the wrong size. It should do what the video does. Stay the same size and in the same position. I can however nest them…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Pro to Premiere Rush Media Link

With media being increasingly viewed on mobile devices it poses a color correction problem for those that don't have the best laptop screens. Many times I've seen significant differences in color when viewing the videos on phone as opposed to my PC.
    With Premiere Rush out it opens a gateway to be able to color correct more accurately for the masses.
    By being able to media link Rush to Premiere Pro it not only adds accuracy but also ease and simplicity.
    I would love to be able to do this with the entire sequence so that we can easily compare…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. proxies lose connection to audio tracks

I am losing the audio tracks created when creating proxies. I understand that the number of tracks must match in each--that is not the problem. Say I have an original clip with 8 tracks mono and I make 8 tracks mono in the proxy. The original media was recorded 8 tracks, has audio on tracks 1234, is blank on tracks 5678 . When I first finish making the proxies everything is fine--first 4 tracks show up as individual with remaining 4 blank, but after an indeterminate amount of time, all tracks will suddenly revert to using a single audio channel,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. change color of the clip marker in the timeline

Hey,

I find it annoying that I need to go to the clip window to change the color of the marker
    the other option is to go to the markers panel.

I would love to change the color of the clip in the timeline
    and attach a name of sentence

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Razor tool is not working properly in version 14.0.3

When I click on a clip with the razor tool, it does not make a cut

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Defualt centre align new text

When adding text the box is to the right of frame due to default alignment parameter. Once you type practically anything the text ends up off screen then you have to realign/ move the text.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set new marker duration to clip length within source monitor

This would really speed up the editing process for long form interviews i.e. where markers are used to annotate the interviewee's speech after the footage has been cut down in the timeline.

A simple shortcut to, for example, "apply a marker spanning duration of clip" or "apply marker from in to out point" would be all that's required here.

Either that, or a keyboard shortcut to enable the start and end points of a marker to be added using the mouse at the desired playhead's position. ALT/OPTION clicking and dragging is cumbersome, not accurate enough and takes up lots of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. auto reframe

I would be nice to be able to plug in specific pixel dimensions that would act as the sequence setting for the new sequence.

I also like the idea of batch reframing that someone mentioned earlier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base