Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete empty audio AND video tracks in multiple timelines at once from bin-level.

Delete all empty tracks on multiple timelines from bin level with a right click select or menu-select switch.

It's common in certain forms of editing to take groups of multiple clips and make them in to 'stringout' sequences that are used in editing by loading the sequence in to the source monitor in order to select from a large corpus of logically grouped footage. This is most common for scrubbing through all B-roll material for a given shoot day quickly without needing to select each B-roll clip from the bin in the project pane.

In making such sequences, the fastest…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcuts to trim the In and Out Points of clips in timeline

I just want to have a keyboard shortcut that sets the In and Out for a clip in the timeline, similar to alt+ [ and alt+ ] in After Effects (I understand those shortcuts adjust the In and Out of the work area in Premiere).

You can use Q & W keyboard shortcuts to trim and ripple a clip in the timeline but when you have clips stacked in the timeline, it ripples everything below the clip as well.

I just want to trim the selected clip and not ripple. This would be the same as using the mouse to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. increase zoom on timeline

I wish I could zoom much tighter on the timeline. This would be especially helpful when doing audio work with keyframes. It is hard to get a close enough view to do precise keyframe adjustments. Also anytime I'm doing fast cuts, when shot is only a few frames long, I want to be able to get a much tighter view.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a drop zone for footage

It could be great to have a way to just have a drop zone in footage, as some of us are used to final cut pro x we are used to that drop zone for footage. This is for me the best feature ever in FCPX and Apple Motion. Could be great to have some in AE or PP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Vertical scrolling over the complete timeline

Please get rid of the “division bar” between video and audio tracks so when you scroll vertically it works over the whole timeline or maybe implement a checkbox in the settings where you could activate or deactivate this behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. trim forward/back Preference for CTI to NOT jump to edit point

New behavior in 14.x: in Trim Forward/Backward by keyboard shortcut operations, the CTI/playhead jumps to the edit point.

This is very disruptive of the editing processes long used by so many users. It slows us down.

Previous behavior: in Trim Forward/Backward by keyboard shortcut operations, the CTI/playhead did NOT jump to edit point.

Please add a Preference option for whether or not the playhead jumps to the edit point on trim by keyboard shortcut (new behavior) or does NOT jump ... the older behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 Feature requests

Request 1- Hotkeys for scrolling up and down a timeline. If you have several layers of video and audio, but not enough screen real estate, it would be useful to make a keyboard shortcut to scroll by X amount of tracks, both up and down in the video timeline and the audio timeline. THIS WOULD REQUIRE 4 hotkey options, scroll up X video layers, scroll down X video layers, scroll up x audio layers, scroll down x audio layers. This would be especially useful when expand all tracks is enabled. Another bonus to this feature is if it could automatically…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG :: importing videos from libraries panel 14.0.4 (build 18)

Videos can be placed into the libraries panel but placing them onto the timeline from there doesn't seem to be working

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically remove non motion sections of video footage

I work with hours of footage per project where i have to manually remove "dead space" (non motion) pieces of video. Basically deleting by hand hours of footage down to minutes. I do the same with with hours of voice over audio but I can use the diagnostics feature in Adobe Audition to remove silence in a matter of seconds. It would be amazing to do a similar diagnostic to remove non motion segments of a video file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere Pro 2020 Catalina bug

When selecting "Edit clip in Adobe Audition," Audition opens, but the clip does not.
    Additionally, if I send sequences to the Media Encoder queue, Media Encoder opens - but the sequence does not show up in the queue. I have been able to 'click-and-drag' a sequence from Premiere into the Media Encoder window in order to get it to be placed in the queue.

Thankfully the link from Premiere to After Effects actually works.

This is happening on a new MBP 16" with Catalina and current version of all apps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the multicam screen to detach from the program screen, allowing it to fill a monitor. In 16 split, seeing detail would be much easier

I do a lot of multicam editing and often using the 16-way split. Since the multicam window is attached to the program window and combine to become a horizontal rectangle, they are only able to be expanded so far, wasting a lot of monitor space. If the windows could detach, the multi could fill its own monitor, allowing for larger images and the ability to see much more detail in each box of the split. I think this would be a huge improvement in the multicam editing process.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Presets for speed and duration

Ability to set speed and duration as a user preset. For example 50% frame sampling, or 50% reverse speed frame blending. Whatever speed and settings the user uses often should be able to be made a user preset.

Having these as assignable to keyboard shortcuts as well would be brilliant.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Direct Clip Splitting

I've been a Vegas user for 5 years, so I was excited to switch over to Premiere, but was shocked to find out that there's no direct way to split a clip. In vegas, I press S over the place I want to split, and it splits it into two separate clips. This increases my workflow by a lot. I don't know if I can keep using Premiere without this feature.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

532 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BPM setting timeline

requires the integration of bpm reading in the Premiere timeline and also the Beat Matching that now also programs such as sony vegas and pinnacle have been for tens of years

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Marker Check Box

Have a To Do marker like Final Cut has. I have to work around it now but would love a quick checkbox to know I have reviewed the marker to-do-list.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Suggestion to add new timeline scrubbing option where scrubber stays in the centre and the timeline moves instead

This came to me as when we edit the scrubber will travel to the end of the timeline then continue at the start again, which is fine but greatly disorientate me when the clip i want to trim is at the edge. So the next frame will force the scrubber to go back to the front. For this i suggest a centred scrubber where the timeline moves instead of the scrubber, and we drag the timeline instead of the scrubber. This would be an awesome addition to premier pro. Great for people who likes to edit with the timeline expanded.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Mark in stops working

I have recently encountered a bug that causes the "mark in" function to cease working. The only solution to the problem I have found is a full quit and restart of Premiere Pro.

It's quite maddening. It happens without warning and has been happening 2-3 times a day since I first encountered the problem about 2 weeks ago.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base