Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A “ghost playhead" which ALWAYS marks the timeline location of the currently displayed frame

(Perhaps "current view indicator" is a better name than "ghost playhead.")

Here is the problem: The (cyan, user-controlled) playhead does NOT necessarily correlate to the frame that is being shown in the program or source monitor.

Sometimes, an old frame continues to be displayed, even though the user clicked elsewhere on the timeline (or "time ruler," as Premiere calls it.)

Depending upon computer specs, network bandwidth and latency, video codec, and other factors, it can sometimes take several seconds for the chosen frame to actually load and be displayed.

In the meantime, users need some kind of indication as to…

82 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

64 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Program Monitor Snapping to Sequence Boundaries and Guides (Snap to Guides)

• Ability to snap footage to Sequence boundaries

• Ability to snap footage to Guides

• Ability to snap mask edges/points to Guides

• Ability to snap pen tool to guides

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG with Premiere Pro v 14.5 on Windows

Drag and drop within Premiere Pro on Windows is not working. We can't move items into bins by dragging and dropping.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix please: Color Labels not showing in Icon View

After spending the time to color label clips based on their whatever criteria, I move into Icon View to edit further the IN/OUT points, clips order, etc.
    Turns out I am unable to see the color-labels which I just worked on.

Can we please see color-labels in the icon view?

Thank you

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Audition's "Delete Silence" Feature for Premiere Pro.

Just like Adobe Audition's "Delete Silence" feature, but in Premiere Pro. The only difference is that the audio will also ripple cut it's linked video.

With an unbelievable amount of YouTubers having to manually edit videos like this, and with Adobe coming out with seemingly more taxing features like "Smart Edit" and "Scene Edit Detection", I think the is wholly possible and will absolutely be heavily utilized.

Edit: A really necessary aspect to this would be that the cuts need to be accessible to the user, much like they are with "Scene Edit Detection".

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Converting in/out points to markers

I want a feature what allows me to convert in/out points to marker with duration and backwards, marker to in/outs

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard operation not possible

Hello,
    Nobody needs the new features in Premiere Pro 14.5, but everyone needs keyboard controls!
    Since the update to 14.5, the keyboard controls and moving the clips with the mouse (left button pressed) no longer work!
    Everything is fine with the older versions of Premiere Pro!
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMacPro
    Greetings
    R. Stephan

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scene Edit Detection in Multi-Camera

Hi!
    I would like to request a feature building on Scene Edit Detection:

Consider a case using a Multi-Camera Source Sequence, where one of the sources is the output of a production switcher - switching between the other sources in the Source Sequence.

If one could analyze this source, and build a edit sequnece based on this but using the actual source with the matching content for each cut, triming and fixing errors in the original "live" switching would be a breeze.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable/Enable Others

On the timeline I often am trying to isolate a mic track from several other tracks. For something like editing a zoom round table discussion (lotta that work going around right now) if I have 5 tracks of audio and wanna quickly isolate one of them It would be great to select 1 track from the clip and Disable Others with a keyboard shortcut.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autosync & Groupclips

Avid media composer has a fantastic feature for subclips. It's called auto sync and group clips.

It's extremely helpful for large scale projects to manage bins and clips based on scripts.

Here is the process which is followed for films or shows on Avid

1. Import all footage and audio from the day and sync them on a timeline.

2. Create subclips with synced audio and footage of individual shots/ clips

3. Rename each clip, based on shooting clap and script.

4. Create autosync clips. This enables the individual subclip to become a self-contained clip with all the new audio layers intact and the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Slip in the Source Window.

This is an old FCP 7 feature that was so helpful. When reviewing footage in the source window, if there is an in and out point, it would be SO HELPFUL if you could slip the in and out points to a different position in the clip without having to manually slide it over with the mouse. Many times, if it is a long clip, you have you zoom out to see the existing in and out points, then zoom in close enough to find the little handle in the middle of the in and out points, then you have…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyframe pinning options in Effect Controls Panel: pin to IN and/or OUT point(s)

PROBLEM:
    Every time an editor trims the in point of a clip that has keyframes at/near the in point, those keyframes lose their positioning relationship to the clip's in point: trim inwards and keyframes are trimmed out of view in the ECP, trim outwards and the keyframes no longer apply to the beginning of the clip as intended. The same problem applies when trimming a clip's out point with keyframes at/near the out point.

SOLUTION:
    Keyframe pinning checkboxes in the ECP would allow keyframes to move together in unison with a clip's in and/or out points when trimming a clip…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. tool short cuts not functioning in second monitor

I have the timeline detached from the main window in a second monitor. In the latest update I installed 10-25-2020, when using keyboard short cuts (C) for cut, (V) for select tool, or even (Delete) for clear, the shortcut only works if I first click on the main window. I cannot use shortcuts while working in the detached timeline window. In the previous version the shortcut keys worked no matter what window I was working in.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Pancake Editing an official feature

With so many Premiere users adopting the Pancake Editing setup, it would be a good idea to build this into it's own feature and develop sub features to enhance it, increasing workflow efficiency.
    In a lot of cases using pancake timelines is vastly superior to pulling clips from bins.

It's easy to set up pancake timelines manually, but there are some issues that could be solved, and some other ideas:

• The Timeline panel containing your Source sequence has all the buttons and other UI elements that a normal timeline does - some of these are unnecessary for a source timeline,…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug - mixed rates - Source monitor In point into sequence uses previous frame

Editing mixed rates onto timeline uses previous frame rather than marked in-point.

All clips progressive and show 'No Fields' in project panel with no interpretation.

23.976 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: OK.
    25 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:04:15 > TL: 00:00:04:14)
    29.97 clip: Previous frame (SM: 10:11:27:10 > TL: 10:11:27:09)

If I mark in-out on first frame of 25 clip, I cannot drag, nor edit clip to timeline. If I mark first & second frame: I can, but only first frame lands on timeline.

25 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:03:00 > TL: 00:00:02:23)
    25 clip: OK.
    29.97 clip: OK.

Now…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Movable Markers

Markers should be togglable to a mode where they move as the timeline changes.

i know about the "Ripple Sequence Markers" option, but rippling is only one of the ways i edit. When i use the Track Select Forward tool to move a big chunk of my timeline, my markers should move along with it.

i use markers, in part, to denote certain chapter breaks, and they quickly become useless because they don't move around as the timeline changes.

i also use markers to mark errors or places that i need to correct my project, and when i do my…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Superclip

Need a new option to organize dailies for large projects.

Earlier I posted to have the ability from Avid for features of Autosequence/ Autosync and group clips.

Seems we can do it in premiere pro with some caveats and the help of a multi-cam clip.

The workaround I got in premiere pro is creating a multi-cam clip that contains the footage and production audio. But the clips created do not have the timecode of the source hence I need to flatten it before exporting an edl or xml. Also, the naming remains (MC1) in the beginning and yellow box on…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base