Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “ghost playhead" which ALWAYS marks the timeline location of the currently displayed frame

(Perhaps "current view indicator" is a better name than "ghost playhead.")

Here is the problem: The (cyan, user-controlled) playhead does NOT necessarily correlate to the frame that is being shown in the program or source monitor.

Sometimes, an old frame continues to be displayed, even though the user clicked elsewhere on the timeline (or "time ruler," as Premiere calls it.)

Depending upon computer specs, network bandwidth and latency, video codec, and other factors, it can sometimes take several seconds for the chosen frame to actually load and be displayed.

In the meantime, users need some kind of indication as to…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to import a folder of proxies and have them interpreted as Cam Orig framesize

Greetings! Like many other folks, we are remote shooting with camera crews and need to quickly get proxies from set that our editors can access quickly and start editing with. A common usecase is the proxies that the Canon C300 MK2 camera generates internally and records to an SD card. The camera originals are 3840x2160 and 400 MBS (23.98 fps, with 4 channels of audio). The proxies are 1920x1080. matching audio channels and framerate and 24 MBS, quite a bit smaller! We want to download these small proxies from set and have Premiere treat them as “attached proxies” even though…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Number Pad change

The Number pad accesses and changes the playhead position when I'm typing text instead of inserting numerals. I work for a math curriculum company, and I type a LOT of numbers, and not being able to use the number pad when I type text is NOT convienient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Can't add markers within existing marker range

Since v2022.1.2* you can't add new markers within an existing marker range. Instead of creating a new marker, the playhead jumps to the beginning of the existing marker range and opens the marker contextmenu.

Which is very inconvenient for my workflow. Would appreciate it very much if this can be addressed soon, thanks!

*) at least this is the version I came across the behavior the first time)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. variable frame rate editing

Variable Frame Rate Editing is currently not available in Premiere Pro and we notice a rising demand on the Adobe forums to enable game recorded footage, smartphone footage and other video footage at variable frame rates editing. Users are going for Handbrake, and even if Adobe enables variable to constant frame rate encoding inside Media Encoder, users are requesting it directly on the premiere pro editing workflow to save time. We are noticing high demand for game recorded footage editing which is becoming more and more popular, alongside smartphone footage editing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open clip in photoshop when chosen edit in photoshop in premiere pro

In the latest versions of premiere pro 22.1.1 and photoshop 23.1.0 "Edit clip in Photoshop still does not open the clip in Photoshop!
    Have contacted Adobe support in earlier this year and they say it is a a bug that should be repaired. Very annoying.
    When?????
    Mac 24 with M1 chip but also the case with intel chip earlier this year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: Ripple Trim Q on First Frame — Broken on 22.1.2

Prior to 22.1.2, I use to be able to go to the first frame of a clip, press Q, and ripple trim that first frame from the clip. I do this a lot to edits.

Q still Ripple Trims the clip if you are not on the first frame, but this is a big issue for me. I need to remove a few frames off the start of a clips 100's of time in an edit session. Please fix!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe Premiere Pro Animatics functionalities request

That post is a follow up of the questions I asked to Karle Soule and Van Bediant on a recent Keycode Media PP event.

Animation is a market that is getting bigger and bigger every year, and a lot of people uses premiere for Animatics and Offline. But you do have to do a bit of workaround as PP is not designed to be Animatics friendly (around 1200 jpegs on a timeline for a 11min ep), and this is why you are in competition with Storyboard Pro for Animatics, as some studio move to Premiere just for the HD/final render…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shortcut: Toggle ALL video AND audio Targets

I LOVE the shortcuts for Toggle All Source Video and Toggle All Source Audio, BUT if Adobe could add a shortcut that does both, that would save me a step when I want to target a specific track and use the "Trim Next / Previous Edit to Playhead" shortcut and ONLY trim the video or audio track I'd like to.

I mostly use the keyboard when I am going through footage pulling selects so this is much faster than the mouse.

Also please fix the Q/E shortcut! It doesn't trim one frame anymore in the latest 2022 when the playhead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search the Production just like searching a project

A production can have many projects open. A search works within a single open project. Expand search function to the entire production including all projects open or closed. This is needed since projects within the production share assets, sequences, etc. It is hard to locate the orginal. On the Mac a Finder search finds content in text documents but not in Premiere Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create single Multicamera Source Sequence while syncing with audio

At the moment you can only use “Create single Multicamera Source Sequence” while syncing with timecode and the metadata of “Camera Label” and “Camera Angle”. In our production environment it would be very helpful if we had those same options while synchronizing using audio because if you synchronize your clips via audio and want to use them in a browse sequence, it sadly loses its multicamera properties.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Could we use Adobe Sensei to timecode an existing transcript?

I often film and edit pieces to camera that are scripted and read off autocue - therefore a transcription exists. It would be great if Adobe Sensei could be used to create and time captions from a text file as an option start all over and do AI speech to text for an existing transcript?
    The AI speech to text is great but may get 100% accuracy if script is provided?
    I can see the "Import a transcript" option but it's maybe just not working in the Beta yet?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Up/down (go to edit point) not working in V 22.1.2 on M1 Mac.

Up/down & forward/backward keys are not working in the latest version of Premiere Pro 22.1.2 on M1 Mac. I had to revert back to the previous version to keep working. (It is working in V 22.0)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a user, I'd like scene edit detection to function correctly on videos with 1 frame transitions between clips.

Scene edit detection works great for videos that do not have transitions between clips. On videos with a 1 frame transition, scene edit detection often produces long run-on subclips. I'd like scene edit detection to correctly identify situations with a 1 frame transition between clips, eliminate the transition frame, and subclip individual clips correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. mark audio peaking on timeline or clip during playback

The audio meters indicate if the audio peaked during playback, but it would be great if there was an option to automatically drop a red marker on the timeline or a clip every time the audio peaks. That way if I don't notice the red peak indicators immediately, I can quickly find and fix the problem area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 更新后,输入完中文字符光标会自动回到字符前面

更新后出现了这个BUG,目前发现只有中文字符会出现这种情况,假如是英文字符就不会出现。

例如↓
    PR更新前:你好|(光标)
    PR更新后:(光标)|你好

极大影响体验请尽快修复这个BUG谢谢