Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

41 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

320 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 65 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

470 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

5. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

216 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro 2020 Catalina bug

When selecting "Edit clip in Adobe Audition," Audition opens, but the clip does not.
    Additionally, if I send sequences to the Media Encoder queue, Media Encoder opens - but the sequence does not show up in the queue. I have been able to 'click-and-drag' a sequence from Premiere into the Media Encoder window in order to get it to be placed in the queue.

Thankfully the link from Premiere to After Effects actually works.

This is happening on a new MBP 16" with Catalina and current version of all apps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls.

Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls. It makes working in After Effects faster and needs to be in Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. trim forward/back Preference for CTI to NOT jump to edit point

New behavior in 14.x: in Trim Forward/Backward by keyboard shortcut operations, the CTI/playhead jumps to the edit point.

This is very disruptive of the editing processes long used by so many users. It slows us down.

Previous behavior: in Trim Forward/Backward by keyboard shortcut operations, the CTI/playhead did NOT jump to edit point.

Please add a Preference option for whether or not the playhead jumps to the edit point on trim by keyboard shortcut (new behavior) or does NOT jump ... the older behavior.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Marker Check Box

Have a To Do marker like Final Cut has. I have to work around it now but would love a quick checkbox to know I have reviewed the marker to-do-list.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Suggestion to add new timeline scrubbing option where scrubber stays in the centre and the timeline moves instead

This came to me as when we edit the scrubber will travel to the end of the timeline then continue at the start again, which is fine but greatly disorientate me when the clip i want to trim is at the edge. So the next frame will force the scrubber to go back to the front. For this i suggest a centred scrubber where the timeline moves instead of the scrubber, and we drag the timeline instead of the scrubber. This would be an awesome addition to premier pro. Great for people who likes to edit with the timeline expanded.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

512 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Evenly Distribute Clips within Timeline

If I need to spread out a large number of clips in the timeline, I would like the software to evenly distribute automatically. Like in Photoshop or Illustrator, Premiere might include the option to evenly distribute multiple clips within the timeline. It's a very manual process as it stands.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Frame is a different brightness in Premiere 2020

In Premiere 2020, when you export a frame from the timeline it is a different brightness/grade to the original (lighter). You see the jump when you put it back into the timeline.
    I use this feature all the time and it has never been a problem in any of the previous versions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a workspace window for the multicam angles, separate from the program monitor.

It would be really useful to have the option when editing multicam to treat the multicam angles and the active clip as separate windows rather than have them stuck together.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Choose an automatic transition for multicam sequences

Depending on the project, I like to add dissolves sometimes between cuts of the multicam sequence, but this can be VERY TEDIOUS if it's long. First I do all the cutting, and then I go back and add a dissolve to every... single... change....

Of course we know that editing will always include lots of repetition. But what if.... in the dialog that appears after selecting "create multicamera source sequence" there was another option: Along with giving the source sequence a name, and choosing the sync method, there could be a place to choose ahead of time a transition that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set Ripple End function in timeline

While editing, I need to make adjustments in timing but want to leave untouched everything to the right of a particular point. "Set Ripple End" would be a visible line across the vertical of the timeline at that point, indicating where rippling will have no effect. Clips bumping up against that point are simply truncated and everything past the line is preserved.
    This was a function in Avid DS which I found very useful.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scroll wheel adjust

Would rather move up and down in my timeline and not horizontally. I'll usually have 10+ video tracks. At the very least allow us to program the mouse wheel to do other things then the default.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base