Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Control leading in Open Captions

It would be super if i could control the Leading (vertical distance) between two sentances in Open Captions.
    At this time if i break an Open Captions sentance in two there is no way of controlling the vertical distance between the two parts.
    The default leading is too big in most cases depending on the font which is used.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allowing full text adjustments to be made to captions.

Currently premiere automatically puts giant kerning in captions ... why? why would this ever be prefereable especially in a feature that allows very limited text controls. Costing me money.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. open captions padding

The padding around text on open captions is not uniform. The spacing above the text is far greater than below the text causing significant problems. See attached png..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Subtitling Easier

What about having a tool that makes subtitling easier. If you could import a textfile with gaps between the text that belongs together and having a shortcut that hits a new subtitle in whenever you hit it. You could easily read your translated text, see when the speaker starts speaking (on the audio track) and after watching the whole video for once, just hit enter and everything will fall in place. That would be amazing!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. lock the header of captions panel so you can edit them always seeing the tools

on navigating through the captions panel, as you scroll down, you do not longer see the tools for formating. please lock it up so its always visible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Closed Caption issue on 708 and 608

I use Maccaption and Caption Maker to produce Closed Caption.
    When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Speech to text - Scandinavian languages

Do you have plans to include Norwegian and Swedish in the Transcribe sequence function? Would save me lots of time. If so, when?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tweaks to caption functionality

The transcript and caption functionality are real time savers, but could use some improvement for a better subtitling workflow.

1) From the Transcript window you can split speakers, but Premiere doesn't use this information when creating the captions. It will often put lines from 2 different speakers together in one caption, which isn't great for subtitle purposes. It will also leave a large time gap in order to do this. For example somewhat might say "Oh." and then several seconds later another person will say "What do you think." Premiere will create a caption that says "Oh, what", and then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Add new captions segment" in Text Panel 3 dots Dropdown Does Not Work

See post in forum. Bug also filed in Beta. Tested in 15.4.1 and Beta 22 Build 63.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-to-add-captions-in-premiere-pro/m-p/12349974#M365071

Narrow the Text Panel so the Plus symbol (ato add a new caption segment) does not show. The "Add new captions segment" is available in the 3 dots dropdown. But when you click on that option, nothing happens.

Workarounds include expanding the Text Panel to use the plus symbol and using the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C.

Stan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Caption Track height

It's easy for the Caption track to get buried in the interface. I seem to be able to adjust the direct height of the track with the option key but I can't adjust the space the caption area takes. I know engineering wants it to stay within a fixed space but it's too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Captions dialog box "style" selection bug

(note: I had to choose "closed captions" for this bug report even though what I'm trying to do involves open captions)

Newest PPro version (15.4.0, build 47)

The "style" selection box in the "Create Captions" dialog box that pops up when trying to create captions from PPro-transcribed text does not let you choose a style. See this video for evidence of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBoKYyfKcY

The style selection box works as expected in Beta version 22.0.0, build 31.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to be able to italicize just a single word instead of the entire sentence in a caption

In PPro 2021, italicizing a caption or subtitle is an all-or-nothing thing.

If I click the "Faux Italic" button, the entire line is italicized. I can't italicize just a single word.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement smart quotes for captions

It would be helpful to have the option of automatically setting proper "curly" quotes and apostrophes for burned in captions.

Really, I think this should be the default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Short Cut Key Needed for 'add new captions segment'

If you're manually transcribing the new update is super clunky to use.

You have to stop typing after every segment and hit the plus button with your mouse!!! It makes the process so slow and cumbersome.

The old version you just hit enter or return and it created a new segment.

Also in the text window can it just be a single click to edit the text instead of a double click please?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for more customization in the new Captioning tool

The new captioning system is overly-restrictive in terms of dimensions/positioning.

While there should be an option to adhere to standards, there should an option to disable standards and allow for positioning/customization anywhere inside the video frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exporting .mcc, .xml and .stl files from Text window

In the current Premiere Pro release (15.0), it is only possible to export MCC, XML and STL files using the Export Media option. This means, for each of these formats, the video (or at least the audio) need to also be exported each time one of these subtitle file formats needs to be exported. This takes much longer than would be the case if only the sidecar file were to be exported.
    It would be ideal if the MCC, XML and STL sidecar files could be exported separately, the same way SRT files can be exported from the new Text…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base