Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. captions not exporting

Captions not exporting correctly on newest version (13.1.5) they don't even appear when 'burn captions into video' option is selected, had to roll back one version to regain function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bulk slide captions

Better keyboard command/modifiers to bulk slide caption files. For example, take the the completed captions from a 30 minute video, and be able to quickly and accurately edit them down to 10 minutes like with video clips. We cant slide them easily or make razor tool cuts to the caption clips easily. often captions may slip or seemingly disappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Captions

I believe that captions should not be nested inside an adjustment layer.
    They should either have a dedicated track like Resolve has or simply be considered as a video track like in Avid MC.
    I also think that there should be a global setting (Font, size, positioning) that you can export and share if you have to with other editors. Unfortunately at the moment Premier has the worst captioning than all the other NLEs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Captions crashes often. Multiple bugs in captions.

The captions system is VERY buggy:
    1. It's crashed Premieremultiple times.
    2.It has frozen the movement ( but not buttons) on my mouse.
    3. It can only display frames not time code.
    4 Pasting into the IN and Out boxes doesn't always work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Caption

Can you add in the caption editor a letter-spacing, also referred to as tracking.
    Is it difficult?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting Captions

I am exporting a video in 3 different sizes with burnt in captions. When I export the 1080p version, the captions export fine to the final output. When I export the 1080 x 1920 version and the 1080 x 1350 version, the closed captions do not export with the video. I can see them in the export menu and have tried in both Media Encoder Queue and directly from Premiere. Baffling!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. keep the characteristics of the formatted text

After I set the font, size, edge, color, alignment, etc. on open captions, I export it as a new .srt file and I import this new file into the same project, or a new project on another computer and all the formatting is gone. It is very painfully to do it all over again every time - color, the size, the font etc. I even tried to open the same project in which I did the formatting on another computer, and the formatting goes back to default. Please fix this. Also, I get this bug both on windows 10 and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. captions beta NAVIGATION

(actually, open captions/subtitles...since, ironically, these captions are NOT adaptable to closed captions at present) Clicking on a Caption in the new (beta) timeline should align to the same caption in the Text | Captions window.
    Currently, clicking on a caption in the Text | Captions window will automatically bring the CTI (cursor) to the correct caption in the timeline but it does NOT work the other way. One has to scroll through the entire Captions window to find the current caption (not impossible if one highlight/selects the caption in the timeline but it should really come up without having to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue should be resolved. The captioning workflow has now been released in Premiere Pro version 15.0. I encourage you to update.

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

9. Closed Captioning

Tried importing SRT file created on Youtube to Premiere Pro. It works but required a few adjustments to match the resolution size.

Since this is my first time working with CC, I discovered the issue which is scrolling down to find the highlighted sentence within the CC effect panel. It would be effective if I were to double click the sentence in the timeline and it would automatically scroll itself to selected sentence in the CC panel.

Right now, I have to scroll down in the CC panel every time I accidentally clicked my mouse at the wrong part in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?