Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvement on caption editor

Right now it's a little clunky and difficult to editor captions/transcripts.

First, if I try to edit the transcript, the field box is constrained and doesn't allow me to expand the dimensions of the box. So if I want to make a change to the text, I need to click inside the box and press the down arrow button several times to get to where I want to be (and to be able to see it).

The other issue is that I can't change transcripts/captions on the fly. I have to make several clicks to stop the video, go in…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include option to include time stamps when exporting Speech to Text to a text file

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH devs for this feature. What you have done here is an absolute dream for me, and makes my life so much easier. I have thousands of hours of video that I can now happily transcode without having to type it by hand. Thank you so much!! I can finally begin this video project that I have been putting off for years.

My goal is to create searchable databases of the speech in my videos, so it would be really helpful for me if there were an option to include the timestamps in the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export Subtitles for Corrections

Export speech to text transcripts and subtitles so Print Publishers can edit the correct spelling, names and so on when Adobe Speech to Text doesn't translate correctly. Then allow the editor to re import the corrected transcript and create corrected sub titles and captions from corrected transcripts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need ability to export transcripts, and subtitles

Ability to export transcripts and subtitles to a document. Then a content editor can fix names, spellings and punctuation that Adobe speech to text misses.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add Dutch support for transcript

transcript seems to work in beta version.
    However Dutch is not supported yet.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Turkish Language Support on Auto-Transcription feature

I need Turkish Language option on Auto-Transcription settings.
    I appreciate that if you add it as soon as possible. Thanks..

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new captions panel for Hebrew is not yet there.

When you published the Beta version, the Hebrew captions problem was solved (it was perfect). but then, when you published the 2021 update (v15) the Hebrew captions in the panel were fine, but what you see on the program panel is reversed! please make it better again and fix this problem in the next update...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keyboard shortcut for in/out point for captions

When listening to the audio to type the caption, it would be nice if we could map a shortcut key to set the in/out point to the CTI

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open Captions - Italic tags <i>...</i> not recognized on two lines of text

When I import an .srt file with all some of the text italicized, I see <i>...</i> tags instead of italics in the burned-in subtitles.
    When there is one line of text or one word tagged it comes out as italic.
    When the whole sentence is marked as italic and it's on two lines, Premiere Pro doesn't recognize the tag and displays in in Regular font
    with <i>...</i> tags.

In order to display italics on both lines of text in one subtitle, each line has to be tagged <i>...</i> separately.
    Please, fix the error, so when a whole block of text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New Caption style should repeat previous caption style

In the Premiere Pro Beta, when I create a new caption, it should have the same style as the previous caption by default

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Proper subtitling/captioning tools

After trying out the new captioning in Beta, I'm fairly disappointed. This does not solve any of the issues I've had earlier – it basically just serves as a shortcut for the current shortcuts one can do via EG in AE. What I miss:
    1. I would like to have the option of having background per line (not one big rectangular for all text)
    2. I would like more freedom in designing the look of the subtitles (shapes, rounded edges, animations etc.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync existing transcript

For me you have solved having to transcribe an entire sequence but the only thing missing for me is if I already have a script from a show if it is possible to use that and have sensei sync it with the video.

So in effect, sync an already existing transcript.

Thanks so much!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Glyph font appears in Caption search and edit windows [Bug]

In PR 15 with the new Caption workflow, the Glyph character set is displayed instead of English language characters. In the attached screenshot you can see:
    - Caption search screen displays Glyphs (WingDings?) font set
    - Caption block displays correctly in English.
    - Caption block displays incorrectly in Glyphs when selected to edit.

Text characters display correctly in the timeline and in the preview panel. Uninstalling and a fresh install of PR 15 upgrade did not resolve the issue.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base