Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Captions: Maximum length duration

There should be a maximum length and duration for captions. Right now there's a minimum which can be sad but there's no maximum. I'm having issue with Japanese Language transcriptions and captions because their maximum length is infinite. I heard this happens in Spanish as well. The transcription is fine and good language is good but the length in transcription on the captions is too long on some areas where nobody's talking. I already have an open case on this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Make Caption Layer Movable and Not fixed over all layers.

Sometimes we jump cut captions over intro transition and at that time we want the Intro Layer should be above of all layers which were possible in the old version of Premiere but in a new version that Layer is just fixed and not movable and this stops me from moving to the new version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix SRT export - some tracks are not exporting all subtitles

I did a lot of work on about 10 subtitle tracks on a single timeline in Premiere v15.0 and now I need to export them to SRT files. Some tracks are working fine, but others are exporting only the first 42 subtitles. When I export to TXT, all the subtitle text exports, but without timecodes (which defeats my current purpose). Can anybody help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug in captioning feature

Hello. Yes, the new auto-transcript and captioning feature is great. BUT, a very bothersome bug is hindering my ability to use it.
    The auto-transcribe feature does a very decent job, but what I'm finding is that when it makes an error and I retype into a title card to correct it, oftentimes Premiere will show me the corrected version and then, while I'm working in another title card further down the timeline, Premiere reverts the card I had just corrected to its previous text. This has been happening many times, often several times with the same card. I've tried saving…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Changes to transcript only aren't registered as sharable change in Team Project

When editing a transcript, any changes can't be shared unless other changes to the timeline are also made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As well as creating transcriptions, add an option to time and split captions from existing text.

In many cases, when a video has been based on a script, it's easier and more reliable to time the captions manually then it is to correct all of the errors which an automated transcription produces. However, automated transcripts will always get the timing exactly right.

In the transcript tab, under create transcription there should be an import text button. The transcription engine could then be used in a reduced form, to time and split the captions to where similar-sounding sentences appear.

Youtube is quite good at exactly this, but uploading videos to a social media site isn't really part…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Add new captions segment" in Text Panel 3 dots Dropdown Does Not Work

See post in forum. Bug also filed in Beta. Tested in 15.4.1 and Beta 22 Build 63.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-to-add-captions-in-premiere-pro/m-p/12349974#M365071

Narrow the Text Panel so the Plus symbol (ato add a new caption segment) does not show. The "Add new captions segment" is available in the 3 dots dropdown. But when you click on that option, nothing happens.

Workarounds include expanding the Text Panel to use the plus symbol and using the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C.

Stan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Single word italics in Captions

I'm managing a large subtitling project with over a hundred hours of translated text for public consumption. We need a professional tool to manage the video production including the subtitling, and Premiere is the standard so we're using Premiere. Because this is translating a foreign language into English, we need to show single words of italics to denote non-English words. We are having enormous problems with the captions function. It will import the .SRT accurately, but as soon as you start editing the captions the entire file will revert to regular text. Which means you lose all your changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maybe a modifiable set of shortcuts for "Text" window ;)

If I could use shortcuts to "Create transcription" and, next, "Create captions" from these newly created transcripts, it would be more amazing than it already is. I could do it faster than I can do now, on batch processing terms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import my own script

I would love the ability to import my own script (text file) into PP Beta to use during the Transcibe/Captioning build process. I have very long videos at times and going in to fix punctuation, capitalization, acronyms and so on is very time-consuming. We have Scripts already that have been reviewed and are perfect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a find and replace

in the transcript window, provide a way to find/replace the same instances for words. There is consistency in the transcript, but I have to catch each instance of each transcribe error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resize text in the transcript window

In the transcript window, allow the user the ability to increase the size of the text. As I get older, the color and size of the text make a difference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trim and extend captions with keyboard shortcuts

I couldn't find a way to use keyboard shortcuts for trimming and extending in the captions track. Please add this. It would be so much faster and more precise to be able to trim and extend captions with the same keyboard shortcuts as for video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Punjabi Language in Auto-Transcript option.

Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken by the Punjabi people and native to the Punjab region of India. It has approximately 113 million native speakers all around the world. I think this will be a huge positive point for the Software itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Speech To Text - Auto Update Changes to Captions or Transcript

When you correct captions, it should automatically update the transcript or provide the option to update the transcript. And the reverse workflow as well. After creating captions based on the transcript and afterward I see the transcript needs a correction, the caption should automatically display the corrected transcript.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjust all text bounding boxes captions in a sequence

I copied and pasted captions from one sequence to another. I am able to reformat certain aspects of them. I think it would be beneficial to adjust the set of captions you have selected and push the bounding box crop onto all in the sequence similar to pushing the style to all in the sequence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. import subs from textfile

Subs can only importerted as srt files.
    What if we don't have timecodes yet, just translation?
    It would be nice to be able to import from a flat text file with empty lines
    to separate subs.

example,

subline 1 text...

subline 1 text....
    subline 2 text...

subline 1 text....
    subline 2 text...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nested captions bug - editing them doesn't update until restart

I have a long interview sequence with captions.

I have then put this sequence into another sequence (i.e. it is nested) so I can edit it and the captions will stay synced to the video easily - I find that when working without nesting it's quite hard to keep track of the captions.

I then step into the nest with a double click when I want to edit any captions. I edit them in the Program monitor as I prefer that to doing it in the Text>Captions panel. I am finding that sometimes they update and sometimes they don't. When…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manually add a glossary of terms that Transcription will use (akin to Transcriptive's Glossary)

I work in a highly technical field. Having a glossary of terms we can add to is key to getting usable transcripts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base