Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Transform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Transform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Tranform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Tranform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Speech to text - Scandinavian languages

Do you have plans to include Norwegian and Swedish in the Transcribe sequence function? Would save me lots of time. If so, when?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow right click on caption track to create new caption at that position

Quite simply, as it was possible to do in the old caption workflow. Now I can only create a new caption at the position of the playhead. A better workflow for me is to play the timeline and listen in on a part of the dialogue, then stop the playhead where I want the caption to end, right-click where I want it to start and add new, then adjust the end point to the position of the playhead. As it stands now, I have to drag the caption back on the timeline every time. I know I could create the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support creation/export of .vtt files in caption generator

Companies like BestBuy require .vtt caption files. This is a very common format.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Created Captions are not auto-sync when pasting the correct transcript

When pasting the correct subtitles in the transcript section, The captions will not sync with the audio. Would you please fix this? It's time-consuming to arrange them one by one as I always have the correct subtitles in text, not in srt file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow two captions to appear on screen at the same time for bilingual videos

Hi, please allow displaying two captions on screen at the same time for videos that need translations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Large number of captions slows down the whole application (v22)

From initial testing, this is still present in the new 2022 version (though this is testing opening up 2021 projects - it might be different starting from scratch.)

If you have a large number of captions open in a timeline, say you might have a 1 hour interview in a foreign language with captions - it slows down the whole application, whether clicking around in the timeline or clicking on folders or clips in the Project window.

Workarounds

1) Hide the captions via the CC button in the timeline - this solves it & you can still edit the captions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Edits to Captions not saved.

When using the cations feature, and trying to edit automatic transcription of audio, it often won't save. I then have to re-do the editing of the captions sometimes up to 5 times before it holds.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captions from manual or preexisting transcript

Would love the ability to paste the text from a manual transcript and have premiere merely synchronizing the text with the video instead of auto transcribing it again. Fixing the automatic transcription is very time consuming and the manual transcript is usually perfect and matches the speaker exactly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option for different tracks to be different speakers in auto-transcript/captions

When two people talk over one another, it tends to cause chaos with auto-transcripting. Currently, you can only auto-transcript a single audio track or a mix of multiple tracks. However, it is common practice for two members of a conversation to be on separate tracks. If the auto-transcriber could look at and transcribe those tracks separately and combine the transcripts afterward, not only would it alleviate the chaos of overtalk, it would also make speaker identification much more accurate, because it could assume any speaking on a given track was always the speaker assigned to that track.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captions bug: "Synchronize" makes it overwrite itself

How to reproduce: Import any SRT file, and place it above a video file somewhere in the timeline that it should sync with. If you select all the individual text blocks using the track select foward tool, then shift+click to select the video and choose the "synchronize" option, the captions all jumble together and most are significantly shortened, and are out of sync.

It seems like Premiere is having a tough time choosing which text blocks to move in what order, and therefore, some are getting clipped or deleted entirely, because when two text blocks overlap, the duration is trimmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)