Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: SRT files don't import completely

In Premiere 2018 and 2019, the linked SRT ends before line 22 when imported into Premiere.

The file appears to be valid, and is imported correctly by AegisSub and Vimeo. I can't find a reason Premiere would cut it early—it looks like a bug to me.

https://app.box.com/s/t6rnoffvfeowfvb961lwrnlil1hxtgte

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SRT problems after last update

Hi,

since the last update to 13.14 (build 2), the SRT files I imported are offline. When trying to relink them, I get a message " the importer reported a generic error".

Before I had no problems opening the files.

Thx

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Round-trip export/import of Open Captions needs to be WYSIWYG.

In Adobe Premiere, Open Captions that I export out of Premiere and then immediate import back into Premiere do not match how they were exported.

Steps to repeat:
    1 - In Premiere, create an Open Caption track. Create a two-line caption.
    2 - Export caption using File > Export > Captions
    3 - Immediately Import that caption file back into Premiere.
    4 - Observe that the imported caption does not exactly match the original.

(Mostly tested in Adobe Premiere 2017, but I have verified that this problem persists in Premiere 2019 as well.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AI powered transcription

The captioning system in premiere pro is average but could be so much better. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to put down a caption track and extend it through my timeline and have Adobe Sensei go through it and automatically transcribe the video and then place the transcriptions throughout the project. I do subtitles so much more than I used to considering that most content online doesn't play without audio and is necessary also for the hard of hearing, its fundamentally important in todays society to have a better solution to be able to provide…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a rolling edit tool to the captions

This simple feature would save some time. It would be great if I could use this already existing tool on subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please fix the bugs in the caption system

Captions is very unstable. Captions at the end of its segment 80% of the time glitches in and out of place.

There is no known solve yet other than tinkering it ad nauseam hoping it will stick in place.

VERY ANNOYING

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open Captions fonts don't work with Creative Cloud Fonts (formerly TypeKit)

Nothing will show up at all on screen. Fonts installed on the computer are working fine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SUBTITLES as RESOLVE

You could add a character counter and a warning if the number of characters in the subtitles is exceeded, such as in DaVinci Resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8lo7mWq978 (2:42)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. opensubtitles

WHen doing multiple language captions, when i copy the master caption element to place it on the timeline and make a new language, i must save the project, close it and reopen it in order to see any changes when i am editing the subtitles

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere Pro Closed Captions to support V-Chip / MPAA / "Canadian English Language Rating System"

Other software packages that support closed captions allow for the creation/inclusion of regional ratings. Everything that is broadcast in Canada requires captions, and our BDUs require embedded ratings.

Right now we require other software to accomplish this. In some instances we are re-encoding AME mezzanine files simply to apply V-chip ratings. If Adobe supported the creation of V-chip ratings we would no longer require competing software for a number of our workflows.

Please see attached and the following thread for examples.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2520603

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug fix / Feature change Request: Please add availability of File Format window to the Embed in output file dialog box.

September 26, 2018 7:19 PM
    Bug fix / Feature change Request: Please add availability of File Format window to the Embed in output file dialog box.

Problem in short: .MCC will not embed both 608 and 708 properly unless .MCC is selected in the Create Sidecar File Menu first. The issue creates a scenario where you are expecting 608 and 708 caption files to be embedded in the output file, but when happens instead is only the 608 Captions are embedded.

Problem longer description: I discovered that .mcc caption files, containing 608/708 captions, do not properly Embed in output file…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not able to change to opaque background with Captions

This has become an issue since upgrading to 2018. I'm currently running v12.1.1. This impacts my daily work. Please provide fix asap. The first caption field will default to black background. All subsequent created fields will default to transparent and not allow a change to opaque. This renders the caption utility useless for broadcast work in Canada.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fixed Close Captions

In 708, After the first couple, I can't get the boxes to switch colors or the text to switch colors right. I am not asking the world here-because I know there are few options in the true closed caption section, but with the rise of watching without sound on social media-and switching this off and on at will in YouTube, the elements are so buggy as to be unusable. Resetting workspace, copy new project etc, does no good. This is a professional level editor. Fix these bugs so it works correctly!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speech to text clip timecode as source in sequences

Have the option to use source/clip timecode for transcription instead of following sequence. Sequence transcriptions are off when there are more than one clip in a timeline and the production crew took a break in between clips.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere pro 2021 caption performance

With the December 2021 (PPro 2022) updates, there has been a big performance drop when using captions. This was also a bug when the new caption system was ntroduced, but it went away with the next set of updates and performance was smooth. Now it is very, very laggy and slow to respond

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Import Transcript"

In the Transcript section under the three DOTS, there is a grayed-out option titled "Import Transcript". Will this option when available allow us to Import a text file with our own approved video scripts or will this be for uploading an SRT? I am hoping it will allow us to upload a text file to work alongside the Transcribe process. This would be similar to what YouTube allows users to do. We produce 30-60 minute videos so the ability to use an approved script would be amazing. Thank You!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disabled Caption Clips Display Wrong Color

When I look at disabled captions/subtitles on the timeline, they are inconsistently colored/shaded and I cannot see if they are enabled/disabled without zooming in. Terribly terribly confusing. Shown in attached screenshots. The first 2 captions look enabled until I zoom in a little.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base