Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subtitles/Close captions painful BUG Report !!!

I imported a srt, everything was fine. But after reload the project, the close caption goes desync!!!!
    I show it briefly in the attached video.
    Please see the video.
    Thanks for the fixing this painful BUG!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert CC tracks to essential graphics

With the new CC/subtitles work flow, it's only possible to show one CC/sub layer at a time. Most of the time, we use multiple onscreen languages at a time so it would be neat if you could, after importing and dragging your .SRT to a CC track, select your Subtitle track and convert all titles to Essential Graphics clips that you can use on a video layer. It would then be possible to show multiple languages all at once as burnt in subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: cursor disappears when making changes to closed captions

This happens every 15 minutes or so. The cursor lasts longer when I reset preferences, but it's very frustrating. I have to restart the project every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Beta: way to enter a line break in Captions.

For readability it would be great to have a way to force a line break to f.e. shorten the first line of a two line caption. It'd be faster for the reader to go to the beginning of the second line, thus making the captions more legible.

And for translations, depending on the language, there might be recommendations for fluent legibility, either a letter or word count. An example, for Finnish television they suggest letter count of about 37 letters - including spaces - for one line of text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. mp4 with an embed close caption

We have a tv station that wants an mp4 with an embed close caption, not a sidecar file. This is not an option that I have found. I'm I missing something? It used to be there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. improve open captions (visually better for online social videos)

The captions features seems very outdated for todays online video market. Why can't Adobe make them visually nicer? For example options to round the boxes, have text centres to a position so if you are going from one or two lines of text the single line is centre to the 2 lines rather than at the bottom.

Options to have the text go as far out to the side of the video. If you are making a video for online you don't need safe areas, give us the option to how far the text goes out left and right. Also…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ad a setting to change the default duration of an added caption

Ad a setting to change the default duration of an added caption

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open Captions Display Bug

Randomly an import SRT, when being edited for style changes, will not display those changes. Saving, closing the project, and re-opening it immediately reflects those visual changes with the Open Captions. This is on a 2017 iMac (max specs), macOS 10.14.6 with Premiere 14.3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New caption starts at play head option

When adding a new caption it would be nice to have the option to have the caption start from the play head, instead of starting at the end of the last caption, a simple button next to the plus and minus buttons would be great to toggle between the two modes. This would be a lot easier than using the stretch tools on the timeline which are so fiddly to use. Making these less fustrating to use would also be very welcome!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy to drag captions

Why are each caption bit so small in the timeline? You have to be able to hit the right adjustment spot by half a millimeter if you want to adjust the duration of one caption. If you miss, you end up dragging the whole captions section accross the timeline. It would be easier to do this if they become bigger when you adjust the height of the track.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enhance captions by adding more controls

This idea is based on open captions.

I really like using Premier's captions because it's a very efficient way to add captions and edit them as needed.

However, there really seems to be a lack of editing controls to get what you need. For example:

• There are no options to have super and subscript text.

• You cannot adjust the position of the black bar.

I had a huge video and got all my captions set only to discover that I have to redo all captions manually since no superscript feature is available.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: SRT files don't import completely

In Premiere 2018 and 2019, the linked SRT ends before line 22 when imported into Premiere.

The file appears to be valid, and is imported correctly by AegisSub and Vimeo. I can't find a reason Premiere would cut it early—it looks like a bug to me.

https://app.box.com/s/t6rnoffvfeowfvb961lwrnlil1hxtgte

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SRT problems after last update

Hi,

since the last update to 13.14 (build 2), the SRT files I imported are offline. When trying to relink them, I get a message " the importer reported a generic error".

Before I had no problems opening the files.

Thx

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Round-trip export/import of Open Captions needs to be WYSIWYG.

In Adobe Premiere, Open Captions that I export out of Premiere and then immediate import back into Premiere do not match how they were exported.

Steps to repeat:
    1 - In Premiere, create an Open Caption track. Create a two-line caption.
    2 - Export caption using File > Export > Captions
    3 - Immediately Import that caption file back into Premiere.
    4 - Observe that the imported caption does not exactly match the original.

(Mostly tested in Adobe Premiere 2017, but I have verified that this problem persists in Premiere 2019 as well.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AI powered transcription

The captioning system in premiere pro is average but could be so much better. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to put down a caption track and extend it through my timeline and have Adobe Sensei go through it and automatically transcribe the video and then place the transcriptions throughout the project. I do subtitles so much more than I used to considering that most content online doesn't play without audio and is necessary also for the hard of hearing, its fundamentally important in todays society to have a better solution to be able to provide…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a rolling edit tool to the captions

This simple feature would save some time. It would be great if I could use this already existing tool on subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please fix the bugs in the caption system

Captions is very unstable. Captions at the end of its segment 80% of the time glitches in and out of place.

There is no known solve yet other than tinkering it ad nauseam hoping it will stick in place.

VERY ANNOYING

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Time duration default for next caption added

The current time duration for next caption added is 1 second. err... I don't think anyone can read all text in 1 second. I don't really get how creator were thinking...

Is there a way for us to modify the "out" duration default for the next "add" caption ?

If not , please change default duration to be somewhere around 10-12 seconds .

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Captions fonts don't work with Creative Cloud Fonts (formerly TypeKit)

Nothing will show up at all on screen. Fonts installed on the computer are working fine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base