Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transcription feature request - align current text

I currently use Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy to transcribe and then caption in PP.
    A very useful feature of Transcriptive is the "align current text" where by you can import a text file containing your script and then use the transcription service to align this content to the voice.
    This would be a great addition to the native transcription service in PP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop text movement in the Text panels

Editing transcript and Caption text in the Text panel is very frustrating! When you double click on a word to edit it, the text in the field changes size and gets bolder, thus moving all the text around. Now you have to find the word you were going to edit all over again. Please just enter a text edit mode without moving the text!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add danish to the transcription feature, please

I would very much like you to add danish to the transcription feature, as this is what I need all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. First character dropped when pasting.

When cutting and pasting text between caption fields drops the first character of the cut text when pasting it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PLS, PLS, PLS bring back the ability to batch export captions directly from the Bin.

This used to be easy. When working with hundreds of sequences, it's not feasible to individually export SRTs from the Text Panel. And when doing it from the Export Media dialog, you HAVE to do it alongside another video or audio file. Sometimes our caption sidecars are exported months after the videos, and I would currently have to create hundreds of new videos just to export a sidecar. Before the redesign, I could simply select all my caption files in the bin, and then choose "Export > Captions." I'm BEGGING you to reinstate this function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make a BURN-IN caption window and a CLOSED CAPTION window.

I don't burn in captions but i do make closed captions that a tv viewer can turn on or off. The Premiere 2021 captions is not useable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding Motion to Subtitle Tracks.

With Adobe's automatically generated subtitles on the rise, we should have more control over how our subtitles' look.

Adobe should let us put effects on subtitles in the subtitle track so that we can manipulate them however we want OR let us convert the subtitles into text layers for us to be able to play around with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Two caption tracks for multiple speakers

Fo the new "text" panel, I would love to see a feature where if you have multiple speakers who are speaking at the same time, to give it the ability to give them their own caption track and style so that you can separate it out better

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Text/Captions workflow : UX Improvements - it's kinda great, but kinda horrible.

The new Captions/Text tool on Premiere 15.0 is a huge improvement to the old workflow which was very buggy. I'm impressed with the quality of the Transcript in French, which recognizes 95% of the words correctly (even names). A big thanks to the team who developed it !

But working with subtitles every day, we saw that it also slowed us down on certain aspects which are very frustrating.
    Here is some suggested UX improvements by priority :

1 - Make the formatting of the text the same between "edit mode" and "view mode".

In the current tool, you have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow the caption background to have the same size. The size of the background changes based on the letter in the sentence.

caption background should have its own width scaling option. Currently the caption background is based on the sentence, and this causes the background to have inconsistent width. Sentence with Q, P, G will have a wider background compared to those without.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. exporting track style

We work with many production houses globally and it would be very handy to be able to export the track style to send to the editors so they can match the in house look of the programmes produced.

Or to be able to link the look with an essential graphic template that the creative department has made.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore Standalone .scc file export

In PP 2020, you could export a standalone .scc file by selecting the set (timeline, clip or anything that contained Captions) and selecting File>Export>Captions... Now in 2021, the only way to export a .scc file is using the media export panel as a sidecar, an which case you must also export media. This takes what could be a 3-5 second process and turns it into a long process which includes a render.

There are countless reasons why one may want to export just the .scc file, but I'll give you my top three.

1. You want to use it for some…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Apostrophes don't display correctly in 608 Closed Captions

This is either a bug or a not-fully-baked feature: If you add an apostrophe to a 608 caption using the title tool in the canvas, it places a curly apostrophe and then renders incorrectly in the caption stream (as a box character). You have to instead type the apostrophe in the Text panel, where it will insert a straight apostrophe that renders correctly in the caption stream. Apparently curly apostrophes are unsupported in 608 CCs, and the Text panel knows this but the Text Tool doesn't.

Perhaps this is intentional and the goal is to allow curly apostrophes in open…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embedded Captions don't work on MAC v15

Hello, I'm using the new ver15 and I'm wondering how to export closed captions. I have applied my captions, one is CEA-608 and the other 708, they are on caption track 1 and 2. If the eyeball is enabled on their track I see them as open captions in my pgm monitor, I also see them as normal captions on my pgm monitor (not sure how to disable/enable cc on my pgm monitor yet, but that's a separate issue).

My problem is when I export and I choose 'embed captions' in my MXF file, no captions are exported. This worked…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make captions track editable / layer moveable

Captions should be a moveable track so that it can be placed under other video layers e.g. to achieve a fade to black rather than a hard out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. speech to text translation

Would it be possible that after the editor has corrected the speech to text transcript it could be re-uploaded to be translated into another language and create another speech to text transcript. So we end up with multiple captions in different languages which the editor can export out as multiple SRT files for uploading to what ever platform they are using all from within Premier Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base