Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proxy generation for media with closed captions

At the moment in Premiere Pro 2019, the option to create proxies from media with closed captions embedded is grayed out. Hoping this can rectified in that we deal with a lot of media that contains captions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quality of SRT styled open caption when burnt into video

When importing an SRT in as an open caption and styling this, to then be burnt into a video, the output of the caption overlay is not of a high quality. There are harsh/jagged edges around the letters. A current workaround is to import the caption at a much larger font (e.g. 100), and then use a motion effect to downscale the whole caption size much further down in order to minimises the harsh edges.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feed scripts into Captions

Have an option in Premiere to load in a document (e.g a word document) which then completes the captions based on line by line.

Example: I have a transcript in word, I edit it so the lines are of a suitable length for captions.
    I then load it into premiere, it reads the lines and loads them in as captions, with each line an individual caption piece.

Ultimate version would have a function where you listen along and press a button to mark where the next line should start and premiere auto adjusts the captions to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: In Media Export, "set start timecode" option applies only to video and not to closed caption sidecar

The "set start timecode" option should also apply to a sidecar caption that goes with a video file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Caption + Audio Level Adjustment bug

Whenever I'm working on Closed Captions and I try to adjust the audio level, my cursor disappears and I can't work in the project anymore. I have to quit the program through keyboard input and start over again. It's a bug that has resulted in so much frustration and having to start over with projects. Please fix this!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teach French Canadian to the Transcription AI.

The AI is very efficient with English, but has a lot of trouble with French. Maybe diffenciate French, from France and French from Canada.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tweaks to caption functionality

The transcript and caption functionality are real time savers, but could use some improvement for a better subtitling workflow.

1) From the Transcript window you can split speakers, but Premiere doesn't use this information when creating the captions. It will often put lines from 2 different speakers together in one caption, which isn't great for subtitle purposes. It will also leave a large time gap in order to do this. For example somewhat might say "Oh." and then several seconds later another person will say "What do you think." Premiere will create a caption that says "Oh, what", and then…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow captions to be edge-panned for social media video formats

In previous versions of Premiere Pro, you were able to modify the resolution of the caption/SRT file in order to be able to stretch the captions to the edge. This is especially needed for certain social media video formats because it allows for more characters, which is often needed in 1:1 and 4:5 formats.

Now, however, it is not possible to modify the captions file anymore (I usually import an SRT file), and it's therefore not possible to edge-pan the caption track.

Can you please add an option so the captions are able to be stretched all the way to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manually add a glossary of terms that Transcription will use (akin to Transcriptive's Glossary)

I work in a highly technical field. Having a glossary of terms we can add to is key to getting usable transcripts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create Captions dialog box "style" selection bug

(note: I had to choose "closed captions" for this bug report even though what I'm trying to do involves open captions)

Newest PPro version (15.4.0, build 47)

The "style" selection box in the "Create Captions" dialog box that pops up when trying to create captions from PPro-transcribed text does not let you choose a style. See this video for evidence of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBoKYyfKcY

The style selection box works as expected in Beta version 22.0.0, build 31.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transcription feature request - align current text

I currently use Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy to transcribe and then caption in PP.
    A very useful feature of Transcriptive is the "align current text" where by you can import a text file containing your script and then use the transcription service to align this content to the voice.
    This would be a great addition to the native transcription service in PP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PLS, PLS, PLS bring back the ability to batch export captions directly from the Bin.

This used to be easy. When working with hundreds of sequences, it's not feasible to individually export SRTs from the Text Panel. And when doing it from the Export Media dialog, you HAVE to do it alongside another video or audio file. Sometimes our caption sidecars are exported months after the videos, and I would currently have to create hundreds of new videos just to export a sidecar. Before the redesign, I could simply select all my caption files in the bin, and then choose "Export > Captions." I'm BEGGING you to reinstate this function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement smart quotes for captions

It would be helpful to have the option of automatically setting proper "curly" quotes and apostrophes for burned in captions.

Really, I think this should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make a BURN-IN caption window and a CLOSED CAPTION window.

I don't burn in captions but i do make closed captions that a tv viewer can turn on or off. The Premiere 2021 captions is not useable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have multiple subtitle tracks visible at once

Currently in Premiere you can only have one of your subtitle tracks visible at once. This can be annoying because each track can only have one style.

I had a scenario where I wanted to subtitle multiple speakers, each with different colours, however only one style can be assigned per track, and only one track can be visible.

The work around was to create multiple sequences and then nest into the main sequence, however this isn't ideal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding Motion to Subtitle Tracks.

With Adobe's automatically generated subtitles on the rise, we should have more control over how our subtitles' look.

Adobe should let us put effects on subtitles in the subtitle track so that we can manipulate them however we want OR let us convert the subtitles into text layers for us to be able to play around with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base