Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open captions padding

The padding around text on open captions is not uniform. The spacing above the text is far greater than below the text causing significant problems. See attached png..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Subtitling Easier

What about having a tool that makes subtitling easier. If you could import a textfile with gaps between the text that belongs together and having a shortcut that hits a new subtitle in whenever you hit it. You could easily read your translated text, see when the speaker starts speaking (on the audio track) and after watching the whole video for once, just hit enter and everything will fall in place. That would be amazing!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. lock the header of captions panel so you can edit them always seeing the tools

on navigating through the captions panel, as you scroll down, you do not longer see the tools for formating. please lock it up so its always visible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Closed Caption issue on 708 and 608

I use Maccaption and Caption Maker to produce Closed Caption.
    When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automated subtitles

Why doesn't PP have a solution in place or take files like .vtt, .srt or .sbv which I can extract from YouTube.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Caption Track height

It's easy for the Caption track to get buried in the interface. I seem to be able to adjust the direct height of the track with the option key but I can't adjust the space the caption area takes. I know engineering wants it to stay within a fixed space but it's too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync existing transcript

For me you have solved having to transcribe an entire sequence but the only thing missing for me is if I already have a script from a show if it is possible to use that and have sensei sync it with the video.

So in effect, sync an already existing transcript.

Thanks so much!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Short Cut Key Needed for 'add new captions segment'

If you're manually transcribing the new update is super clunky to use.

You have to stop typing after every segment and hit the plus button with your mouse!!! It makes the process so slow and cumbersome.

The old version you just hit enter or return and it created a new segment.

Also in the text window can it just be a single click to edit the text instead of a double click please?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow use of two subtitles again

In version 14 of premiere pro I could put two different kinds of subtitles onto my video. Now in version 15 if I add a second subtitle line it is automatically hidden. If I click the eye to show it then it hides the first subtitle line. Please let us put two subtitles on a video again (without having to nest).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow for more customization in the new Captioning tool

The new captioning system is overly-restrictive in terms of dimensions/positioning.

While there should be an option to adhere to standards, there should an option to disable standards and allow for positioning/customization anywhere inside the video frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Editing captions: DEL key behaves like BACKSPACE key in program window

If i edit captions (PPro 15.0) in the program window, pressing DEL does the same as pressing BACKSPACE: it deletes the letter before the marker, not after it.

In the text window DEL works as it should. It also works flawlessly when editing essential graphics text in the program window.

The problem only occurs when editing captions in the program window.

Win 10 10H2, PPro 15.0, Nvidia 461.72 studio driver

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. All of your tutorials need transcripts and closed captioning.

All of your tutorials need transcripts and closed captioning.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add BBC/Netflix EBU-D-TT .xml subtitle export option

Adding this would allow to deliver series to Netflix or BBC through Adobe suite without any need for external subtitling software. At the moment you only export .stl .srt and .xml (but a smpte one - not a TT version) which aren't viable options for deliveries, especially not in the universe of SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for big platforms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto Reframe Affects Captions

Auto Reframe is great, but could you make it do to captions what it does to titles?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captions - Import Settings - Can't alter settings after caption file import

So, it's great that you can customize default settings for captions now but I am not a fan of how it was set up. In order to customize your settings you must set your "import settings" prior to importing your captions file. The problem I have is that I edit 2 versions of many of our videos. One to play on monitors in our stores across the US at 16x9 and another for social media in a 4x5 aspect ratio. In both cases the captions are burned in but, from what I can tell, once you import your captions using…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Decode (608/708-A/53/DTVCC Transport) Closed Captions

Most Professional Broadcasters in North America are using this CC format and have been embedding it in MXF files.

Premiere is the only program I have found that doesn't decode this type of CC

I have attached a picture from MediaInfo showing that the CC is present on the file.

I also attached another picture from VLC (freeware) that also shows the CC is present.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Proxy generation for media with closed captions

At the moment in Premiere Pro 2019, the option to create proxies from media with closed captions embedded is grayed out. Hoping this can rectified in that we deal with a lot of media that contains captions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base