Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quality of SRT styled open caption when burnt into video

When importing an SRT in as an open caption and styling this, to then be burnt into a video, the output of the caption overlay is not of a high quality. There are harsh/jagged edges around the letters. A current workaround is to import the caption at a much larger font (e.g. 100), and then use a motion effect to downscale the whole caption size much further down in order to minimises the harsh edges.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug: In Media Export, "set start timecode" option applies only to video and not to closed caption sidecar

The "set start timecode" option should also apply to a sidecar caption that goes with a video file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Caption + Audio Level Adjustment bug

Whenever I'm working on Closed Captions and I try to adjust the audio level, my cursor disappears and I can't work in the project anymore. I have to quit the program through keyboard input and start over again. It's a bug that has resulted in so much frustration and having to start over with projects. Please fix this!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the Ability to Select All Captions and Make Changes to Every Single One

If a .SRT file is imported and the client wants a different font the only way to change it is manually one by one. We should be able to select all and make adjustments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Subtitles/Close captions painful BUG Report !!!

I imported a srt, everything was fine. But after reload the project, the close caption goes desync!!!!
    I show it briefly in the attached video.
    Please see the video.
    Thanks for the fixing this painful BUG!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert CC tracks to essential graphics

With the new CC/subtitles work flow, it's only possible to show one CC/sub layer at a time. Most of the time, we use multiple onscreen languages at a time so it would be neat if you could, after importing and dragging your .SRT to a CC track, select your Subtitle track and convert all titles to Essential Graphics clips that you can use on a video layer. It would then be possible to show multiple languages all at once as burnt in subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. improve open captions (visually better for online social videos)

The captions features seems very outdated for todays online video market. Why can't Adobe make them visually nicer? For example options to round the boxes, have text centres to a position so if you are going from one or two lines of text the single line is centre to the 2 lines rather than at the bottom.

Options to have the text go as far out to the side of the video. If you are making a video for online you don't need safe areas, give us the option to how far the text goes out left and right. Also…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Captions Display Bug

Randomly an import SRT, when being edited for style changes, will not display those changes. Saving, closing the project, and re-opening it immediately reflects those visual changes with the Open Captions. This is on a 2017 iMac (max specs), macOS 10.14.6 with Premiere 14.3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New caption starts at play head option

When adding a new caption it would be nice to have the option to have the caption start from the play head, instead of starting at the end of the last caption, a simple button next to the plus and minus buttons would be great to toggle between the two modes. This would be a lot easier than using the stretch tools on the timeline which are so fiddly to use. Making these less fustrating to use would also be very welcome!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easy to drag captions

Why are each caption bit so small in the timeline? You have to be able to hit the right adjustment spot by half a millimeter if you want to adjust the duration of one caption. If you miss, you end up dragging the whole captions section accross the timeline. It would be easier to do this if they become bigger when you adjust the height of the track.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add BBC/Netflix EBU-D-TT .xml subtitle export option

Adding this would allow to deliver series to Netflix or BBC through Adobe suite without any need for external subtitling software. At the moment you only export .stl .srt and .xml (but a smpte one - not a TT version) which aren't viable options for deliveries, especially not in the universe of SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for big platforms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. captions not exporting

Captions not exporting correctly on newest version (13.1.5) they don't even appear when 'burn captions into video' option is selected, had to roll back one version to regain function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enhance captions by adding more controls

This idea is based on open captions.

I really like using Premier's captions because it's a very efficient way to add captions and edit them as needed.

However, there really seems to be a lack of editing controls to get what you need. For example:

• There are no options to have super and subscript text.

• You cannot adjust the position of the black bar.

I had a huge video and got all my captions set only to discover that I have to redo all captions manually since no superscript feature is available.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SRT problems after last update

Hi,

since the last update to 13.14 (build 2), the SRT files I imported are offline. When trying to relink them, I get a message " the importer reported a generic error".

Before I had no problems opening the files.

Thx

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Round-trip export/import of Open Captions needs to be WYSIWYG.

In Adobe Premiere, Open Captions that I export out of Premiere and then immediate import back into Premiere do not match how they were exported.

Steps to repeat:
    1 - In Premiere, create an Open Caption track. Create a two-line caption.
    2 - Export caption using File > Export > Captions
    3 - Immediately Import that caption file back into Premiere.
    4 - Observe that the imported caption does not exactly match the original.

(Mostly tested in Adobe Premiere 2017, but I have verified that this problem persists in Premiere 2019 as well.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base