Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export open captions via AME

Fix the software so that we can export a video containing open captions via AME without the captions disappearing in the exported video.

Adobe staff on other threads say this has been fixed with CC2019. It hasn't. This problem has persisted for Y E A R S.

Yes, I have dynamically linked AE clips in my projects. Yes, I have "burn captions into video" selected. Yes, I have "import sequences natively" selected in AME.

No, I don't have captions in my final videos.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed Captions - Lagging, Render Time

In the latest update of Premiere Pro (2019, 13.0) the captions display 8 frames later than they should in a 59.94 fps sequence.

In addition, the previous version of Premiere took minimal time to render the captions, both the for the initial render and after any changes were made. In 2019/13.0, the render time is just as long as rendering the whole sequence without captions. This includes renders after any changes have been made to the captions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Caption exporting available from more menu options

It's very difficult to find how to export Captions. It's ONLY available if you highlight the item in the Projects display window as a right click or from File > Export.
    It is NOT available when the captions are highlighted in the Timeline.
    It's greyed out as an Export option if you don't have this project item selected.
    It is not available through the Media Export ... as you cant switch off Video and Photo.
    - Can it be available and not greyed out if you have a caption track (if you had more than one caption tracks you could…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Caption duplicate only working after restart

Bugreport: I duplicate an open caption, to use its style and formatting on a other timeline in the same project. When I drag it into the other timeline, I can edit the captions, but nothing happens in the programscreen. The old caption stays visible.
    I have to restart Premiere Pro to see the changes made, and only then it works fully functional.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show duration of individual captions in Caption Work Panel and when mouse pointer hovering over a single caption in Time Line.

Since captioned dialogue typically is preferred to be on screen for about 0,3 sec/word (acc. to BBC guidelines) it would be a great help if you could see the duration of each caption when hovering over a caption and in the Caption work panel rather than just the in- and out points. My brain really hurts :-D when I'm trying to calculate the length of each and every caption in a full length film. Thanks and have a nice day!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Speech to text issue using explicit language

I'm in your Beta speech to text test group.
    Explicit language is blanked out and replaced with asterisks. For professional captioners, editors and translators this isn't acceptable. Our job is to correctly add what is actually said, word for word.

Additionally since the AI doesn't understand context, it doesn't know if a dog breeder is referring to a female dog when using the term "*****".

If you want to make this a feature that can be enabled or disabled, that's fine. But at minimum it should default to verbatim transcriptions.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add labels for different speakers

We are using different colors in our subtitles. Speaker 1: white, speaker 2: yellow, speaker 3: blue.

When I type the captions in a 16:9 timeline for example and I want to copy it to a 4:5 timeline, I want to change all styles except the colors. Save and change a style is easy, but the problem: the color also changes to 1 saved color.

I want a different font size, a different position, but not a different color.

By adding labels for different speakers, you can add multiple colours to your preset. It should improve the workflow a lot.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Clicking into edit mode in new captions panel

LOVING the new captions workflow (and can't wait for auto-transcription). One thing to improve: Right now clicking into the text of a caption is annoying. If I double click directly into a caption, that works OK, but if I single click first (or slower than double-click double click), then I have to double click again to open the editor. This especially happens if I'm toggling between a script and PP, so my first click just brings focus to PP, the second might select the caption (or might not...) and then I'm having to double click again...

Can it just open…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. V15 BUG: Nested sequences with closed captions automatically render as open captions

I have a TV workflow where the main program w/captions sits inside a nest, and then several derivative versions carry that nested sequence while adding things like bars, slates and intro & outro disclaimers.

In the past, the captions flowed through as one would expect, but in the new version any nested CCs get rendered as open/burned captions no matter what you select for captions on export. This is pretty counterintuitive and limiting, but at least there is a workaround… you have to disable captions inside any nests, and then copy them to all the top-level sequences. (If you need…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "show duplicate frame markers" in new captions doesn't make sense

I'm working with "show duplicate frame markers" function enabled to quickly spot if i accidentally used some media twice.

If i edit captions and insert a new caption field between two already existing fields they sometimes get randomly marked as double frames. It also happens if i extend a caption. Strange thing is that only parts of the captions get marked as double frames. There's no comprehensable consistency in the behaviour. The marked caption fields have nothing in common (apart from the same properties, but sometimes not even that).

It would make sense if two identical caption fields (or at…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to customize closed caption settings

I really like the Speech to Text transcribe feature. I have found it to work very well. The one thing that's not great is the conversion from transcript to captions. Premiere defaults to showing just one line of captions at a time. That's not standard. It would be great if there was a dialog box to allow us to set the caption settings. For example, "4-5 words per line, 2 lines per caption". Then, the transcript would be converted to captions based on those parameters.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. export the captions separately without the video

I like the new captions system in beta, but I want to be able to export the captions separately without the video, just like before.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Find & replace

A find & replace tool for the captions would be good. This way if a particular word is always incorrectly capitalised/lower case, it can easily be fixed, or if a particular word is commonly mis-transcribed, e.g. filter always comes up as Philtre.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make captions not be buggy to the point of uselessness.

What everyone else said 1000 times. Why put a feature in the software that just makes everyone hate you because it's useless?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Duplicating open captions - making edits on duplicate shouldn't affect original

When you duplicate an open, burned in, caption, the edits you make on the duplicate affect the original. In my situation, I need to make captions in multiple languages. So if I were able to duplicate a caption, put the duplicate on a track above, and edit the new caption according to the pacing and text blacks of the original caption clip, that would save a ton of time. Instead I have to start from scratch in each language.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug when exchanging captions via "Replace Footage..."

When trying to replace an .srt file with an updated one (which is very common e. g. after a typo has been found and corrected), the file will not actually update in the timeline. My specific file got replaced in the project panel (I can open it in the captions panel and see the changes there) but it does not update in timelines, or at least not every time! In those cases when I'm not involved in the review process for the captions, it is almost impossible to figure out if the file was replaced correctly, because I don't know…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Control leading in Open Captions

It would be super if i could control the Leading (vertical distance) between two sentances in Open Captions.
    At this time if i break an Open Captions sentance in two there is no way of controlling the vertical distance between the two parts.
    The default leading is too big in most cases depending on the font which is used.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allowing full text adjustments to be made to captions.

Currently premiere automatically puts giant kerning in captions ... why? why would this ever be prefereable especially in a feature that allows very limited text controls. Costing me money.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base