Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add labels for different speakers

We are using different colors in our subtitles. Speaker 1: white, speaker 2: yellow, speaker 3: blue.

When I type the captions in a 16:9 timeline for example and I want to copy it to a 4:5 timeline, I want to change all styles except the colors. Save and change a style is easy, but the problem: the color also changes to 1 saved color.

I want a different font size, a different position, but not a different color.

By adding labels for different speakers, you can add multiple colours to your preset. It should improve the workflow a lot.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the Captions checkbox on export automatically turned on if there are Captions in the video

Okay, so your like me and you just finished a long days edit with captions and you're about to export a large file, you know it's going to take hours to export. After all that time, you review the export and low-and-behold, no captions. YOU FORGOT TO PRESS THE TURN ON CAPTIONS BUTTON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE CAPTIONS IN THE VIDEO! Adobe, if there are captions in the timeline being exported, the captions option in the export settings should be automatically checked. I can see why it is uncheck by default as to help the editor decide what kind of…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow me to save custom caption templates

Most of my projects require open captions for exporting, and I'm required to use my company's specific visual identity guidelines for these captions (specific font, specific background color / opacity, specific alignment). As it currently stands, I have to set all of these parameters manually for every project. It would make so much sense and save so much time to be able to store these settings as a preset.

Someone suggested I use the "import settings" button along with a "dummy" srt file to hold the settings, but doing that for open captions does not allow me to use the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subtitles Duration

If we want to create real subtitles, we need to have a visibilty on the duration of each legends. Right now we have to calculate it from the In/out point. It's so bad. If Adobe could also add a charactere counter (with space)... it will become truly usefull !!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add translucent background effect for closed captions.

While Closed Captions shows the option for a translucent background, I can't select anything except for opaque. This makes it difficult for my viewers to see what's going on behind the captions. Research showed that this is a wide-spread problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show duration of individual captions in Caption Work Panel and when mouse pointer hovering over a single caption in Time Line.

Since captioned dialogue typically is preferred to be on screen for about 0,3 sec/word (acc. to BBC guidelines) it would be a great help if you could see the duration of each caption when hovering over a caption and in the Caption work panel rather than just the in- and out points. My brain really hurts :-D when I'm trying to calculate the length of each and every caption in a full length film. Thanks and have a nice day!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Dictionary for Captioning Tool

We've used a number of captioning services over the years and something badly needed in Premiere is a Dictionary like Simonsays.ai and others use, so that it can recognize repeated words, like company names, company leaders, and acronyms. It saves a lot of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support creation/export of .vtt files in caption generator

Companies like BestBuy require .vtt caption files. This is a very common format.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add danish to the transcription feature, please

I would very much like you to add danish to the transcription feature, as this is what I need all the time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement smart quotes for captions

It would be helpful to have the option of automatically setting proper "curly" quotes and apostrophes for burned in captions.

Really, I think this should be the default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow use of two subtitles again

In version 14 of premiere pro I could put two different kinds of subtitles onto my video. Now in version 15 if I add a second subtitle line it is automatically hidden. If I click the eye to show it then it hides the first subtitle line. Please let us put two subtitles on a video again (without having to nest).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Speech to text issue using explicit language

I'm in your Beta speech to text test group.
    Explicit language is blanked out and replaced with asterisks. For professional captioners, editors and translators this isn't acceptable. Our job is to correctly add what is actually said, word for word.

Additionally since the AI doesn't understand context, it doesn't know if a dog breeder is referring to a female dog when using the term "*****".

If you want to make this a feature that can be enabled or disabled, that's fine. But at minimum it should default to verbatim transcriptions.

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Captioning configuration

The Speech-to-Text function in 15.0 is very impressive. It's already helping us out greatly.

However, I would like be able to configure the Transcript to Caption process. I mean, I'd like to be able to enter a min/max character count, and a line count when the captions are created from the transcript. Can this be done already, if so how?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. V15 BUG: Nested sequences with closed captions automatically render as open captions

I have a TV workflow where the main program w/captions sits inside a nest, and then several derivative versions carry that nested sequence while adding things like bars, slates and intro & outro disclaimers.

In the past, the captions flowed through as one would expect, but in the new version any nested CCs get rendered as open/burned captions no matter what you select for captions on export. This is pretty counterintuitive and limiting, but at least there is a workaround… you have to disable captions inside any nests, and then copy them to all the top-level sequences. (If you need…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. export the captions separately without the video

I like the new captions system in beta, but I want to be able to export the captions separately without the video, just like before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export open captions via AME

Fix the software so that we can export a video containing open captions via AME without the captions disappearing in the exported video.

Adobe staff on other threads say this has been fixed with CC2019. It hasn't. This problem has persisted for Y E A R S.

Yes, I have dynamically linked AE clips in my projects. Yes, I have "burn captions into video" selected. Yes, I have "import sequences natively" selected in AME.

No, I don't have captions in my final videos.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Closed Captions - Lagging, Render Time

In the latest update of Premiere Pro (2019, 13.0) the captions display 8 frames later than they should in a 59.94 fps sequence.

In addition, the previous version of Premiere took minimal time to render the captions, both the for the initial render and after any changes were made. In 2019/13.0, the render time is just as long as rendering the whole sequence without captions. This includes renders after any changes have been made to the captions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base