Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flexibility to move captions

It is very painful to use captions while still editing a project. Every time you make changes like adding a new scene, you have to move each caption one at a time to accommodate for new captions. Can you please make captions movable the way other clips are, whereas you can select a bunch of them at once and move them on the timeline as needed?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow for line spacing within closed captions

It would be very useful to be able to increase or decrease line spacing within the captions tool.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More creative control of Text in Open Captions. Specifically, Leading and Kearning options, and Background Customization.

Please add more customization options for the Open Captions tool. Leading and Kearning would be great, and the ability to customize the background box. Ex. Rounded corners

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable keyboard shortcut modification for captions

Enable keyboard shortcut modification for captions. There's currently no easily identifiable way to commit text in captions; when you press enter/return it just goes to a new line, and when you press esc, it deletes everything you've just entered. There should be an option to reassign the esc key to commit text, to bring the caption shortcuts in line with the graphic/titles shortcuts & the shortcuts for the captions window should be easier to find within the program, along with the Adobe website. This suggestion has been previously implemented in Photoshop, and was received well by the community.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preserving Caption Timing and Formatting

When modifying/editing captions on Premiere Pro, in order to avoid timing being out of sync during ingest on YouTube.com, a blank “bumper” caption must be added to the top of all caption sequences. This is only needed for .scc caption files as .srt seems to have no issues with maintaining the timing for each caption set by the captioner. It would be convenient to stick to .srt as the standard captioning file, however specific formatting that occasionally must be used (top-placing captions, italics, etc) are lost in .srt when uploading to YouTube.com. The metadata tags are translated incorrectly and odd…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Captions

Some tweaks to new captions workflow:

Auto move end point of captions to just before next caption (fill the gaps).

Being able to add transitions.. or being able convert captions into text assets so transitions can be added

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [BETA] Captions export to text need timecodes and speaker names.

The export to text feature for captions is very handy, however they don't record the speaker's names or a timecode when exported out.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow me to save custom caption templates

Most of my projects require open captions for exporting, and I'm required to use my company's specific visual identity guidelines for these captions (specific font, specific background color / opacity, specific alignment). As it currently stands, I have to set all of these parameters manually for every project. It would make so much sense and save so much time to be able to store these settings as a preset.

Someone suggested I use the "import settings" button along with a "dummy" srt file to hold the settings, but doing that for open captions does not allow me to use the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Subtitles Duration

If we want to create real subtitles, we need to have a visibilty on the duration of each legends. Right now we have to calculate it from the In/out point. It's so bad. If Adobe could also add a charactere counter (with space)... it will become truly usefull !!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add translucent background effect for closed captions.

While Closed Captions shows the option for a translucent background, I can't select anything except for opaque. This makes it difficult for my viewers to see what's going on behind the captions. Research showed that this is a wide-spread problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export transcript to text file with timestamps

When transcribing a file within Premiere and exporting the result to a text file, it would be extremely helpful for that text file to include the timestamps.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the new caption workflow to utilise the full screen space

On the new caption workflow t seems as though the position of captions is restricted to the "safe margins" of the screen.

Please can you make it so they can be positioned anywhere on the screen, i,e all the way to the top and bottom.

On the previous workflow you could achieve this by altering the positing within the "Effects control", but now there is no way of doing it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captioning configuration

The Speech-to-Text function in 15.0 is very impressive. It's already helping us out greatly.

However, I would like be able to configure the Transcript to Caption process. I mean, I'd like to be able to enter a min/max character count, and a line count when the captions are created from the transcript. Can this be done already, if so how?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transcript Editing

When making edits to the generated transcript, same as the captions editing annoyance is the inability to tab through sections of text. Also frustrating is that when double-clicking into a text section, the entire section is selected and not just the word that was clicked on. Making edits takes much longer when having to find the offending spelling/word (since things have now shifted) and then needing to reposition the cursor to be able to start to fix the error.

Why does the transcript need to show the timings on the side and break up the text by time? When exported…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add Dutch support for transcript

transcript seems to work in beta version.
    However Dutch is not supported yet.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the Captions checkbox on export automatically turned on if there are Captions in the video

Okay, so your like me and you just finished a long days edit with captions and you're about to export a large file, you know it's going to take hours to export. After all that time, you review the export and low-and-behold, no captions. YOU FORGOT TO PRESS THE TURN ON CAPTIONS BUTTON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE CAPTIONS IN THE VIDEO! Adobe, if there are captions in the timeline being exported, the captions option in the export settings should be automatically checked. I can see why it is uncheck by default as to help the editor decide what kind of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base