Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

645 results found

1. Need to be able to import files with embedded EIA-608 (A/53 DTVCC Transport) !!! This is broadcast standard!

Need to be able to import files that have EIA-608 embedded as A/53 DTVCC Transport. This is broadcast standard, and every MXF file I have shows embedded captions in both MediaInfo and VLC Player, but when imported into Premiere (multiple versions tested) no captions are present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Caption Selections

Please add the ability to delete captions just by selecting them in the text -> captions editor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give users flexibility to position Caption text beyond title safe areas

Having the flexibility to precisely position elements on-screen is essential. That’s not the case with styled Captions in Premiere.

A previous revamp of Premiere’s captioning feature removed the ability to freely position caption objects like video clips by allowing users to change the position values in the Motion section of Effect Controls. This simple workaround gave users full flexibility with caption positioning, even when the internal Caption positioning controls did not allow moving objects beyond title safe.

Since caption objects are no longer video objects, there are no associated Motion Effect Controls to adjust. No more workaround. You simply cannot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Speech to text - Hungarian language support

Hi, i would like to ask if you guys can create hungarian language support in the speech to text tab, it would be very cool:)
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When transcribing a sequence, before creating captions, saving the project should also save this transcription. Edits all gone after closing

I spent a good 4 hours editing a transcription that Adobe Premiere Pro transcribed for me in order to create captions but I had to end my day before finishing and hitting the "create captions" button. I kept saving it constantly throughout the time. Next day I opened the file and the entire edited transcription of the sequence is GONE. It doesn't create a separate file or anything to refer back to. I crossed my fingers and hoped the edits would return after transcribing them again... nope. All the speaker names are gone, all of my 4 hour edits are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allowing two sets of captions to be visible in one sequence

In previous versions of Premiere, you could have two sets of captions be visible in one sequence. With the latest caption update, this is not possible. I do open captions in Spanish and English and need to have both captions displayed on screen at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add split captions at punctuation/end of sentence options in the Create Captions panel

I'm always spending tons of time making all of my captions complete sentences/ideas, it would be awesome if premiere could do this for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. spaces in transcript

Hi guys,

Love the latest few updates! Great work.

Even though the transcribing services are incredible and have saved me a lot of time subtitling, I still need to go through each one of the subtitles and delete a space at the end of them after converting from a transcript to captions.

Would save me hours and hours of work if this wasnt the case!

Also, would love to be able to add a shortcut to the Text Panel. Currently this doesnt work even after adding one in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto-transcribe enabled for all types of media

It would be great to select my multi-cam sequence (or footage clip) in the project browser and auto-transcribe that (not from the timeline/sequence).

Then, allow me to select sentences from the transcript to insert into a timeline/sequence. It would make editing interviews much easier - just find the sentence you want from the transcript and insert into the timeline!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. new captions / auto transcrip

Been able to use "find and replace" on the auto transcript window,
    the engine is beautiful and thank you for that, but been able to change: £, lb., pound, or # all at once like in illustrator would be a bless.

Thanks again.
    M.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Changing one caption should not require rendering all the captions

It feels like the captions track is just an upgraded adjustment layer. It suffers from the same problem as older Premiers. If you make a change to one caption then you have to render all the captions again. This ends up being very tedious and it feels like I'm constantly rendering.
    Another issue I have come across is that some times changes made are not being saved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't save the srt file, wanna know the reason why

all the closed captions were typed in right. but somehow I can't save it. not sure what is the problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: Transcribe Feature Wrong Timecode and Breaks Auto-Scrolling

After processing audio for Auto-Transcription, my transcript is generated. But with auto-scrolling enabled, any time I playback my sequence, the transcript jumps to the very bottom of the transcription. The timecodes of my transcription and sequence don't seem to match either.

Attached is a screenshot of what happens after I press play on my sequence: even though I am at 00:12:35:05 in my sequence, the transcript is at the very end of the audio. And contains timecodes that are longer than my sequence, ex: "09:00:45:16"

Disabling Auto-scroll is a partial solution but I have to manually scroll through the transcript.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Transform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Transform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Tranform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for full caption movement and also applied effects

I cannot move my caption any lower than its original position when using the Tranform tools provided. All I wanted to do was move it down slightly but I can only move it up. There should be full caption movement to allow us to place the caption where we want rather than being limited. I tried to rectify this by applying a "transform" effect to the captions but you also can't do that. Allowing us to apply effects to the caption layer directly will be more beneficial and time-saving than having to use the essential graphics window which is rather…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base