Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. character count

Actually I would like this option for all types of captions and subtitles, basically character count is a necessity when creating subtitles and it is a shame that I have to go to another program simply to count my characters per line,
    It also doesnt help that the character spacing varies,
    so I cant simply "measure out" my character limit by
    creating a line of x's for example

like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let me know if you have more questions regarding this issue,

I think simply an automatic line break function would be great - with a set amount, or a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. captioning still broken

Just had to burn some SRT's into a project. I notice the text still won't sit correctly on the background with no way to manually adjust it. Hasn't this been going on for years now?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Double clic on a caption segment opens the text panel

Right now, if I double click on a segment, it opens the source of the underlying visual when I'd want to open the caption's (text) panel AND place the cursor at edit point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add more support for Closed Captions. I work on projects that involve Deaf/Blind individuals.

Please add more support for Closed Captions. I work on projects that involve Deaf/Blind individuals and its alarming to see how tricky and difficult it is to manipulate Closed Caption files and make edits. Please make this more simple and streamlined so Caption files can work as smoothly as video files. It's incredibly difficult to make adjustments, yet everything else seems to work logically and just fine. Please work on this for the next update. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please provide an easy to find and create for Captions tutorial

You need to make this easier for users especially as all of us have paid you to use Premiere Pro and instead you have made it harder for all of us to be able to use Prem Pro, and force us to spend hours looking through google for tutorials (thank god for people posting tutorials in youtube, even if there is hardly anything on this particular aspect I'm asking about!)
    You should be saying to users to do the following to add captions: Go to File>New>Captions (down the list near the bottom) and then showing people the right menu choices…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Embedded Scenarist captions showing up as Mac Closed Captions in AME in 14.7 and .8

Windows 10/64 - 32GB RAM - GTX 1080 PPro 14.7 and .8

When I export an XDCAMHD 50 (NTSC) MXF with embedded captions from an SCC (Scenarist) file on the timeline, in the captions tab, the caption output box shows SCC. However, when it is queued to Adobe Media Encoder, it has switched the captions to Mac Closed Captions (.mcc)
    In 14.8, it won't even allow me to embed (or sidecar) SCC data in PPro, only MCC, XML, and SRT. Our broadcast servers only recognize the SCC data. I have used this workflow previously with great success.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open-captions issue between projects

Working with a co-editor in a different state, I have noticed that if he changes captions in his project, the captions no longer show up for me. The clips show up in the timeline, they don't indicate they are offline, and I can open the captions panel, but it will not show on the program/source monitors or export. I have tried everything (relinking the srt, having him send his new srt, toggling the captions view, etc.) but nothing fixes the problem, so I have to make a new srt and manually type everything in. for multiple hour-long episodes, it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Different caption tracks on the project panel appear as if they were the same in the timeline

When duplicating caption tracks in the project panel and modifying its contents they still appear as if they were the same in the timeline. It even shows the duplicated footage color warning for each clip.

If I close and reopen the project then they show as expected, each with its own content

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug with "Burn into video" subtitles - explained and demonstrated in video

Hello,
    Subtitles have been driving me crazy and I thought the problem was me, but something was weird.

Basically, in a pretty normal work flow, closing and re-opening Premiere speeds up the subtitles by 1XX% on the timeline, which is a huge pain to fix afterwards.

I have finally understood how to reproduce this bug and down below I posted 2 videos to explain exactly how to reproduce and hypothesis on what is happening

First, let me say that in Asia, a majority of YouTube content contains subtitles "burned into video". So this is definitely a critical feature that everyone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Habilitar duas ou mais legendas ao mesmo tempo

Em uma aula, por exemplo de uma tradução, seria interessante para mostrar a língua falada na aula e logo abaixo poder mostrar a tradução. Geralmente se usa letras diferentes para representar de forma diferente. Atualmente se selecionamos uma CAPTION, o premiere desabilita a outra.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video via vertical flip and tint

When I try to apply shadow to a green screen video I get a flickering black line which is the top of the vertical flip below that I have dragged down below the original clip. I use tint and Map to white into black by the eyedropper and then ad Camera Blur. It ruins the green screen clip as they are not convincing without a shadow effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot type in "Type Caption Text Here"

The fact that this bug has been going on for years and has not been fixed is very disappointing. Every time I type in the "Type Caption Text Here", no changes are made. I have watched countless videos and read numerous threads, only to come to the conclusion that there is no solution. This is a vital piece to video editing in the modern day market in order to appeal to more consumers. FIX THIS PLEASE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New captions at playhead

When adding a caption to a captions layer, it should be added at the playhead instead of the end of the previous caption. This would vastly increase the speed with which captions can be added and positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Read embedded CC from within Transport Stream, MXF files, etc.

Many formats support embedded captions, but Premier won't read them. I have to go through CC extractors and format converters to get them back into a project. It would be great it Premier would read captions from all video formats it supports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New caption design tool won't let adjust the design only for a certain part of a string

Right now, on the current caption tool, you could change the design of only one word or only some of the string on each caption.
    Analyzing the new caption tool design option (currently available only on Beta), I found out it's impossible to do.

Please add this option before the official release.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Decode EIA-608 A/53 DTVCC on Import

I have multiple MXF OP-1A XDCAM HD 35 formatted files which have EIA-608 (A/53 DTVCC Transport) text streams but Adobe Premiere does not recognize these captions on import. Is there currently a way within the Adobe Creative Suite to decode as caption files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. placements, caption selections, and sizing

I like the idea where the texts as they are now. however I dislike how it has an automatic function of where it's placed and I cannot edit how the size or where the placement is, or even what caption I can use

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Issue : Prem Pro crashs after editing captions

Hi, since 29.10.20 when editing captions on a timeline, seems to work fine for a minute, then once edited a caption, Prem Pro crashs and becomes unresponsive. I am having to task manager close the app, and restart to continue to edit, however everytime I edit a caption, same issue.

I have rolled back one update to see if this resolves my issue, however I still have the same experience.

Can anyone help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request for Caption function in PP 2021

I am experimenting with the new caption feature in public Beta 14.6. I work from scripted videos and would need to be able to upload a txt or better yet a doc transcription and have PP transform it into an SRT file for use in the timeline. This is essential for multiple language versions of a video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base