Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Captions Don't Export with Audio Effect

When exporting an MXF OP1a video, embed captions in the output file doesn't work if I have the effect 'Loudness Normalization' selected. Otherwise captions export. I didn't try any other effects to test it. 608 and 708 captions exported fine unless I had .Loudness Normalization' effect selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable Subtitle Lengths

After I finish editing the transcript and push the button to create captions, it would be helpful to have one or two options about where to divide the captions. Here's why.
    When I'm creating captions for Youtube, I want the auto translator to have the best chance of working correctly by dividing the captions by sentences or phrases. A complete phrase with at least a noun and a verb will most likely be translated correctly.

So if I can specify a preference for complete phrases or sentences that would be awesome.
    The captions will be longer than the auto-captioning algorithm…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow caption import with "empty" lines

Captions are frequently generated by third party captioners with "blank" lines indicating a duration of silence. For example:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:08,080

00:00:08,080 --> 00:00:09,230
    Welcome, everyone.

This indicates that the first ~8 seconds of the video are silent. However, when importing that caption into Premiere, it ignores the blank line, treating "2 00:00:08,080 --> 00:00:09,230 Welcome, everyone." as the text for the first caption.

It would be helpful if Premiere could parse the blank line as {empty text} so that the correct ordering and timing of the captions is maintained.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fades for "burnt-in subtitles"

Hi, sometimes it would really be very cool to add a fade-in/fade-out to captions that are only in Overlay mode and will be burnt-into video files during export.

(eg: Opera: singer sings very slowly and a faded caption would dramatically improve the artistic effect of the subtitle).

It is possible to do that in the AVID Mediacomposer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SRT styling export not working

Styling is not included in the exported SRT file when checking the "include SRT styling" checkbox in the Captions tab of the Export Settings window using the new captioning workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2021.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2021 version, Can't preview when typing inside the box of text features

Please help to find out the problem which shown "Álien Symbol".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Re-enable match frame capability for editing caption files.

Used to be able to edit caption files just as video files including match frame to the source file. Can't match frame with version 15.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deactivate ‘Selection Follows Playhead’ when adjusting caption blocks

I love the new Captions in PP 2021. What I don’t love is needing to remember to disable ‘Selection Follows Playhead’ before adjusting the length/position of the caption blocks. Tweaking caption blocks without first turning this off can result in some screwed up timelines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Loop function for caption segment

When using the new caption tool for Premiere Pro 2021 I would like to see a play & loop function for the active text segment. While transcribing it would make it so much easier and faster if the timeline looped the time of the segment. (I've seen this function in the video editing software Camtasia)
    Example:
    I've set a shortcut key for "add new caption segment at playhead".
    When pressing the shortcut key or the +-button in the text tab, I wish it would (1) automatically add a new caption segment, (2) activate the field for typing text (in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Difficulty with Arabic captions in version 15.0

In almost all fonts, the standard unicode for Arabic ligatures is not displayed as it should be (ex. ﷺ).

Additionally while the right to left feature for Arabic text appears, it is unable to be used and the Arabic displays incorrectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set Vertical Position

"Set Vertical Position" in the "Align and Transform" panel for captions not working in Premiere 15.0.0 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More robust caption functionality

The new (v15) captions are an improvement but I'd like to see the following:

1. Functionality for R-L text. Arabic appears correctly in the caption window but displays L-R in the timeline/program monitor.

2. We'd like to ditch our expensive to MacCaption but we need a way of importing translated timed transcripts into Premiere. The .srt export is great but we need some type of text file import to preserve timing in our language translations w/o having to cut and paste into each caption (or lean on MacCaption to export to .srt just to reimport into Pr).

3.Add auto import settings where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More robust caption functionality

1. Functionality for R-L text. Arabic appears correctly in the caption window but displays L-R in the timeline/program monitor (see attached image where Arabic on lower level and in caption window is displayed correctly but not the displayed captions).

2. We'd like to ditch our expensive to MacCaption but we need a way of importing translated timed transcripts into Premiere. The .srt export is great but we need some type of text file import to preserve timing in our language translations w/o having to cut and paste into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More robust caption functionality

1. Functionality for R-L text. Arabic appears correctly in the caption window but displays L-R in the timeline/program monitor (see attached image where Arabic on lower level and in caption window is displayed correctly but not the displayed captions).

2. We'd like to ditch our expensive to MacCaption but we need a way of importing translated timed transcripts into Premiere. The .srt export is great but we need some type of text file import to preserve timing in our language translations w/o having to cut and paste into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Captions Text File - not automatically saved outside of timeline

In the New V15 I am finding that if I make a New Cations (aka Text) file form my project the current text file does not appear as a new item in my project. What if I want several versions just like I may take a Raw clip of video and edit it several ways - each new sequence gets a new working slot in the project. The new Captions (Text files) are not automatically created. I have to export the .srt and reimport it if I want various working files.
    Because you can not image why I need this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ID which Captions Track is Which

I like a lot about the new captions set-up. However, this arrangement assumes that I am working with only one set of Captions. I no longer have any place to look to see which set of Captions I have displayed. My name for a Captions file does not show-up anywhere in my project time line. I often have various versions going at any one time and I move captions from older ones into the Current Working version. I don't want my old versions to go away, but I need a way to know which row of captions is which. Given…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Captions

Allow the user to design the style of boxing around subtitles to be burnt in, Ghost box or full box.

Importing a text document to create subtitles, can only import subtitle files. If I subtitle from transcript I have to copy and paste each one rather than importing a document so that the subtitles can be set and you could split and move text accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app.

New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app. I will not pay for a product that doesn't work. Until this is fixed I will not be paying for Premiere Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Legendas e Transcrição

O antigo formato de criar as legendas era bem melhor.
    Bastava ter acrescentado a função de transcrição.

Agora, usar a transcrição acaba atrasando mais ainda, pois corrigir os erros da captação da fala ficou extremamente ruim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base