Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mouse disappears

The mouse disappears when I dubble click on the caption space in the timeline, when I edit a caption line. Make it come back again!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SRT captions to Essential Graphics

With social media deliverables becoming commonplace it is very common to need to convert an open-captioned film (ie for Youtube) into a 1:1 Facebook film with burned in caps. The burned-in caps options for SRT files are limited, low quality and buggy. There needs to be an option to convert all captions to an Essential Graphics template that is then itself editable on a global level (in other words all the captions can be changed together, much the same as how Master Styles work). This is not a quirk it is becoming a standard requirement and would massively help a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to create & apply presets for caption/subtitle styles

I'm working with a high volume of SRT files for importing subtitles (open captions), and I currently have to manually adjust the type style every single time I do so. A couple potential solutions that would make this way more manageable:

1) Presets. There's currently no way to create/apply a style preset for captions — all SRT imports will simply default to the unchangeable default set by Premiere. This would be manageable if there were a style dropdown with the option to save presets, much like in the Export Media window.

2) Change Defaults in Preferences. There's currently nowhere in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Closed captions kerning

Make closed captions accessible.

The kerning on the closed captions are not accessible when the whole point of closed captions are to make the video accessible to all viewers. It's too difficult to read especially for people with Dyslexia. New UK accessibility laws are changing and we need the functionality to meet these new regulations. Please, please consider making the kerning better so it doesn't look like individual characters from an accessible point of view. If you aren't going to improve the CC then please consider adjusting your guides to be less misleading, they state you can change the fonts…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Closed Caption bug: Captions sometimes appear longer or shorter than they should on screen

Closed captions appear longer and shorter than the length you have set for the individual caption

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. line spacing in 'Open Captions

We need the possibility to adjust the line spacing in 'open captions' or even better the possibility to apply a preset when importing an STL file

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard shortcut for in/out point for captions

When listening to the audio to type the caption, it would be nice if we could map a shortcut key to set the in/out point to the CTI

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Captions bug when adjusting duration.

Using Open captions.
    I'm experiencing a bug when I go back to adjust the length of captions.
    I need to make several long captions shorter. When I go to drag the ends of the caption to shorten or lengthen it, it disappears, setting its duration to 0, the only way I can adjust them is by dragging the time code in the Captions window. Which is slow and tedious.

I think one of the best caption tools I have seen is Youtube's captioning tools. Which highlight the captions as you scrub through, and allow you to use the space bar…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update Captions

The captions has been quite buggy for some time, trying to export it as a SRT is a real pain. The edge also isn't correct with some letters as shown in picture below. Where it almost becomes unusable...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better caption workflow using .srt Files

Create a workflow in which importing .srt Files created with a 3rd party program will work without glitches or import errors

For example:

When I import .srt files made with YouTube and downloaded, often most of the file does not import. I imported a 5 minute srt file and only the first 2 minutes showed up.

There is an entire industry built around translators and transcribers using .srt files to give to their clients, so this is an important and much needed workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improved Captions Editing

Please improve captions editing by allowing us to copy/paste, selecting and moving multiple captions at once, easily create caption clips that can be inserted in the middle of a scene, etc. The caption features in Premiere are extremely limited and it's very time consuming to get captions the way I want them, especially if I need to make an edit in the middle of my timeline and now have to move potentially move hundreds of captions one-by-one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Closed Captions Functionality.

Below are some featues/ bugs and suggested improvements I've come up with.

• If you add a new caption, you shouldn't have to go into the closed captions display settings and enable them just to see them. It should automatically show them when they are created and a pop up should appear when a conflicting caption is made.

• There should be a warning pop up when a frame rate requirement of the caption format doesn't match the sequence settings.

• Would be great if there were an auto caption feature.

• Default captions should be set as "open captions"…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Captions with spikes? Please no more

Please remove the spikes from letters like capital M and A when we create captions with an edge for better readability.

Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Caption Aliasing

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This is about the horrible edges around caption text.

Just as the title suggests, the captions have jagged, aliased edges, as opposed to smooth crisp edges. I don't get the same results when using the standard type tool, or importing PNG files, etc. This is something specially reserved for captions.

Please note that these issues occur on both Mac and PC, but I'm currently on a Windows system, so I will post the specs for this machine:

Premiere Pro 13.1.2, build 9
    Windows 10 64-bit (1903)
    Intel i9-9900X
    64GB…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open Captions batch shift and line spacing

I NEED to be able to batch shift/move captions across the timeline. right now you can only move around one at a time. I can't believe this isn't an available feature. Please update.

Second is open caption line spacing. I can import an SRT as an Open Caption with special line spacing. But I can't adjust line spacing when creating new captions in the caption settings. This needs to be updated fast.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More creative control of Text in Open Captions. Specifically, Leading and Kearning options, and Background Customization.

Please add more customization options for the Open Captions tool. Leading and Kearning would be great, and the ability to customize the background box. Ex. Rounded corners

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Missing Leading option (gap between lines) on open captions

open captions have styling options such as font etc, but the default gap between the lines is too big and you still don't have the option to change this gap (leading).
    Lacking that option will still make this tool irrelevant.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. open captions

Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

My idea is that Adobe fixes this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base