Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix captioning bug

When trying to edit captions in Premiere Pro 2021, these glyph characters replace the text, so it's hard for me to edit it. When I exit the editing, the characters go back to normal text. I see others are having the same issue, please fix this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Paint on and other selections no longer available for captions

Paint on is vital for broadcast commercials. The drop down menu was under the paragraph tools but is now missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Duplicate Caption track as a contextual pull down in the track

I'd like to be able to, for example, use the transcription tool, then convert to a 708 caption track, then control-click on the caption track and duplicate it with the option to make it a 608 track. Right now, I have to go back to the transcription to create the new caption, then any adjustments I made (combining captions, splitting captions, timing changes) need to be manually redone. (unless I'm missing something which is totally possible.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto caption in Premiere

I wish there would be norwegian transcription

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have multiple subtitle tracks visible at once

Currently in Premiere you can only have one of your subtitle tracks visible at once. This can be annoying because each track can only have one style.

I had a scenario where I wanted to subtitle multiple speakers, each with different colours, however only one style can be assigned per track, and only one track can be visible.

The work around was to create multiple sequences and then nest into the main sequence, however this isn't ideal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding Motion to Subtitle Tracks.

With Adobe's automatically generated subtitles on the rise, we should have more control over how our subtitles' look.

Adobe should let us put effects on subtitles in the subtitle track so that we can manipulate them however we want OR let us convert the subtitles into text layers for us to be able to play around with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Speech to text function - Polish language support

Please add Polish language support in the Speech to Text module (transcribe function).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Caption Issues

Hi - the 2021 update for premiere wiped out all my captions from my hundreds of existing timelines. At this point I’d like to go back to the 2020 software but how can I find and restore the “team” project files from before the software update? This is a huge issue for us as we have invested hundreds of hours in building our captionS workflow. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Two caption tracks for multiple speakers

Fo the new "text" panel, I would love to see a feature where if you have multiple speakers who are speaking at the same time, to give it the ability to give them their own caption track and style so that you can separate it out better

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it work...

The subtitles tool is completely unusable. 100% CPU usage, incredibly unresponsive and hard to work with. Fix your stuff, Adobe!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transcript in Chinese

Cantonese not equal to Traditional Chinese. The Traditional Chinese is also Mandarin but is the traditional version of the simplified one. Cantonese is another language system. In short, there are two type of word represent Mandarin. Traditional and Simplified. Cantonese looks like traditional one but not even in the Mandarin system. It's like Japanese Kanji. Go google it and you will know what I mean.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Captions 708 output doesn't respect the timeline timecode (Premiere Pro 2021 v15.1 and v15.2)

Hi,

When outputting both 608 and 708 captions in a XDCAM-60i MXF OP1a with embedded closed captions, the 608 captions output is fine, but the 708 are offset by 6 frames when compared to the timecode in the Premiere Pro timeline.

This is the same problem since Premiere Pro 2019, still have to use 2018 to export MXF with 708 in the right place.

Workflow is an imported MCC file from MacCaption (29.97 drop frame) output to XDCAMHD 4:2:2 50Mbps NTSC MXF OP1a.

Output file is tested both with Telestream Switch and Premiere Pro (output file imported back in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's possible to active more than one caption tracks?

Dear Adobe team,

My name is Martin from Taiwan,

My old project file working with two subtitles for Mandarin and English simultaneously, but with new update I can't export it, because I can olny active one track.

I need to export for DCP production for my theatrical release, can I get support for this update before 11 May?

Thank you.

BR,
    Martin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's possible to active more than one caption tracks?

Dear Adobe team,

My old project file working with two subtitles for Mandarin and English simultaneously, but with new update I can't export it, because I can olny active one track.

I need to export for DCP production for my theatrical release, can I get support for this update before 11 May?

Thank you.

BR,
    Martin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's possible to active more than one caption tracks?

Dear Adobe team,

Thank you.

BR,
    Martin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. REMOVE CAPTION BINDING TO SAFE MARGINS

This needs to change. Very unprofessional to impose this limitation without any further explanation.

Additionally, it is very restrictive that the caption track is bound to the top of the stack, above all other video tracks. I want graphics to lay over captions, and the older version of Premiere allowed me this option.

If it was related to compatibility with other software that was necessary to have the captions function properly, I would understand - it would not be Adobe's decision. But this is just embarrassing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captions performance

Premiere 15.1 longform projects with closed captions can be very slow and laggy. Seems like there's a lot of work under the hood that needs to happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere is messing up 608 caption formatting on export

When I export MXF OP1 files with embedded 608 captions, Premiere seems to randomly move some titles to the left or right side of the screen in the exported file. Upon closer inspection, Premiere seems to be breaking up multi-line captions into separate elements per line, and then plugging in bizarre align and transform values for them. There seems to be no way to format 608 captions for MXF OP1 export that results in a predictable output. Any help or advice on this would be appreciated. I'm on Premiere 2021 with Mac 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base