Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add danish to the transcription feature, please

I would very much like you to add danish to the transcription feature, as this is what I need all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow us full control of Captions location

Hi...Please allow us to lower the captions. My client requires a large font size for captions. When I use this size the captions are too large for the designated area. If I could lower the Captions by 10-15 pixels I could use PP for my Captions work and save HOURS and HOURS of work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. First character dropped when pasting.

When cutting and pasting text between caption fields drops the first character of the cut text when pasting it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My Ideal Speech-to-Text Transcription Workflow

This is about transcription speech to text workflow. Ideally, I would be able to transcribe a clip, not a sequence, and the transcription would live on the clip, not on a sequence, because I'm using transcription to have a script with which I can cut down a video, not using transcription to create captions for export.

So after I create a transcription for a clip, and apply it as subtitles to the clip, either I would like to be able to export the subtitles to a csv file like I can do with markers, which would include both the subtitle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLS, PLS, PLS bring back the ability to batch export captions directly from the Bin.

This used to be easy. When working with hundreds of sequences, it's not feasible to individually export SRTs from the Text Panel. And when doing it from the Export Media dialog, you HAVE to do it alongside another video or audio file. Sometimes our caption sidecars are exported months after the videos, and I would currently have to create hundreds of new videos just to export a sidecar. Before the redesign, I could simply select all my caption files in the bin, and then choose "Export > Captions." I'm BEGGING you to reinstate this function

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please Limit # Chinese characters when generate captions from S2T. Captions in Chinese needed to be short to keep viewer focusing on video

Chinese Captions are toooo long in the current version, sometimes it gets folded into a second line. Please allow users to define # Chinese characters to be shown on the same screen. limit the # to SINGLE DIGITS, please.
    A samlple clip attached, and from the sample, we can see that # characters have been limit to NO MORE THAN 10 Characters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Limit # Chinese characters when generate captions from S2T. Captions in Chinese needed to be short to keep viewer focusing on video

Chinese Captions are toooo long in the current version, sometimes it gets folded into a second line. Please allow users to define # Chinese characters to be shown on the same screen. limit the # to SINGLE DIGITS, please.
    A samlple clip attached, and from the sample, we can see that # characters have been limit to NO MORE THAN 10 Characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Limit # Chinese characters when generate captions from S2T. Captions in Chinese needed to be short to keep viewer focusing on video

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Umms and uhhs missing.

I'm just using this feature for the first time but it doesn't seem to transcribe "umms" and "uhhs." When I look at the transcription it makes it seem as if the speaker is flowing smoothly but when I return and watch the actual clip, it's a mess of those types of stops and stammers. It would be nice to see those as actual words in the transcription. I know that it would be annoying to see in captions but it seems like it should be there for transcriptions. Maybe an option to select "Word for word" or something similar for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mystery window while editing transcript

In both PP 2021 and the beta, when I double-click in the transcript window to edit the text, a mystery window appears on my other monitor (see attached). If I close it, it reappears the next time I double-click. The window has the text "LogitechOptions..." in it, but it is definitely a PP panel as you can see from the popup menu. I am using the captions workspace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need to be able to italicize just a single word instead of the entire sentence in a caption

In PPro 2021, italicizing a caption or subtitle is an all-or-nothing thing.

If I click the "Faux Italic" button, the entire line is italicized. I can't italicize just a single word.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support a caption/subtitle file format that includes positioning (such as TTML)

Premiere 2021 has a much improved captioning & subtitling workflow, but it has a huge weakness in that the only import and export format it supports is SRT, which does not preserve position info.

Our clients (which includes big ones such as Netflix) generally require us to reposition a caption or subtitle when it obscures a character’s lips or when it obscures on-screen text. Often this can be as simple as just moving a caption/subtitle instance to the top instead of the bottom.

However, the SRT file format doesn't support any positioning info at all. So, even though Premiere itself…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ctrl backspace for captions

When captioning videos I can end up typing quite fast and the current format for open captions is quite a hassle to use. So I end up using the text tool as there is more available and makes the workflow for me personally faster and easier to follow.

One complaint I have with the text tool is that when spelling a word incorrectly or making multiple typos you have to press backspace many different times in order to delete the word. In a lot of other programs, you would be able to press ctrl backspace to be able to delete…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. キャプション

キャプションタブの中が選択中のキャプションに合わせて自動でスクロールされるのが逆に使いづらいです。
    自動スクロールをオン/オフできるようにしてほしいです。
    自動でスクロールされるせいで、対象のキャプションの前後のキャプションを編集しようとした時に都度スクロールされクリック位置がずれてしまう事多々です。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. キャプション

キャプションの自動生成機能について。
    3時間を超えるシーケンスから生成しようとすると、キャプションの生成が完了しません。
    シーケンスを短くし、1時間57分のシーケンスから生成した所成功しました。
    Vrew同様に2時間超える動画にはまだ対応していない、ということでしょうか…?
    可能であれば5時間くらいまで対応していただけると嬉しいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Creating Captions = Force close

Every time I try to Create Captions from my transcriptions it forces close & I have to start all over. I have yet to be able to auto generate any captions. I have to manually copy and past them from my transcriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Closed Caption branding options

Is it possible for two functions within Closed Captions:

1) can we control the width of the background rectangle to be full width
    2) if we could add a logo to the Closed Captions Style and if so, could it hide the existing logo that would be displayed when Closed Captions is turned off, maybe by putting the main lower third logo in a second caption track so that you don't see two versions of the logo at the same time?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base