Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Caption Track height

It's easy for the Caption track to get buried in the interface. I seem to be able to adjust the direct height of the track with the option key but I can't adjust the space the caption area takes. I know engineering wants it to stay within a fixed space but it's too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared captions/text styles and captions presets that can link to text styles.

Captions presets and text styles are created and saved on a project level, so have to be exported/re-imported into different projects.

It would be great if they were created as settings similar to export presets so they could be imported once and be available for all projects, or perhaps shared libraries as per MOGRTs.

It would also be great if custom caption presets linked to text styles too, as this is important where a standardised look/style is required (channels/networks).

I've also noted a bug when importing a custom captions preset it's name is not shown correctly, but is called 'subtitle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to stop auto-scrolling the captions panel

Currently when you click on a caption in the captions panel, the window scrolls so the one you've selected is centered in the panel. This makes it difficult to double-click on one to edit it, and I feel like I'm constantly chasing them down with my mouse. I can scroll through them quite quickly with the mouse wheel and it would be nice to have them not automatically scroll to center. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Caption styles need to preserve colour etc

When I import lots of captions I’d like to save time and format them with a style. I can do this but it will overwrite important colour information encoded in the .SRT with <font> tags for different speakers.

Can you make it so that caption style presets can be created that have no colour associated, so that it will preserve the colour encoded in the file?

(Also please add dissolves to them etc as requested elsewhere)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Norwegian language to auto transcript feature

Support for Norwegian language on the auto transcript feature added in Premiere Pro 15.4.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create Captions dialog box "style" selection bug

(note: I had to choose "closed captions" for this bug report even though what I'm trying to do involves open captions)

Newest PPro version (15.4.0, build 47)

The "style" selection box in the "Create Captions" dialog box that pops up when trying to create captions from PPro-transcribed text does not let you choose a style. See this video for evidence of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBoKYyfKcY

The style selection box works as expected in Beta version 22.0.0, build 31.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CANCEL or HALT button for/during Auto-Transcribing

Just a thought. It'd be great to have an CANCEL or HALT button during an Auto-Transcribing. Sometimes you might be transcribing the wrong file and/or sequence, or your file may offline for whatever reason. Thus, there'd be no reason to wait for the results and tie up your computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Captions in Premiere 15.4 are always burned in even if I tell it to embed or create sidecar file.

I have Premiere 15,4. I am trying to export an MXF file with captions embedded. The exported video contains the embedded captions track PLUS the captions burned in. Also, if I tell it to do nothing with the captions (none), it burns them anyways. So I tried turning off the captions track, but now it doesn't embed nor burn nor create a sidecar file. In other words: If I have the captions track active (eyeball), it ALWAYS burns the captions even if i select a different option... If the captions track is not active (no eyeball) the captions can't be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include timecode and speaker names on caption export

Speech to Text caption text export really needs to include timecode and speaker names.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Transcription feature request - align current text

I currently use Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy to transcribe and then caption in PP.
    A very useful feature of Transcriptive is the "align current text" where by you can import a text file containing your script and then use the transcription service to align this content to the voice.
    This would be a great addition to the native transcription service in PP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 15.4 Auto Captions - Fewer words, word alignment, and word size.

The new auto caption feature is great! There are videos (especially gaming), where you'll see where the creators will only put like one word at a time on the screen for emphasis, etc. I played with the settings and couldn't get it low enough. Would love to be able to dial it down more. Also, if it could keep the text in the middle of the area when it jumps between multi-line and single line, instead of at the bottom when single line, that would be great. Final request would be able to make the words larger. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 Bugs: subtitle track - STILL in the program after update. :-(

1. When typing a subtitle in the program monitor, when project auto save starts, the typed text is gone. (When editing normal text when auto save comes, the text is kept)
    2. Copying a subtitle makes it duplicate frames. I get this. But when I change the text in the subtitle, the ducplicate frames bar is not removed.
    3. I do not see the subtitle-block (it is transparant) when dragging it to a new position on the subtitle track. This makes positioning it difficult. Trail / error.

I think these three things should be changed in the next version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sync existing transcript

For me you have solved having to transcribe an entire sequence but the only thing missing for me is if I already have a script from a show if it is possible to use that and have sensei sync it with the video.

So in effect, sync an already existing transcript.

Thanks so much!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow different styles on different caption clips in same track

Right now you can make multiple styles, but only apply one at a time to a caption track. You can individually edit the style of a single clip, but not apply a style to it. It would be great if we could define multiple styles, and apply them on a clip by clip basis. for example, 2 people talking where the text is centered under each person, or a different color for audio descriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop text movement in the Text panels

Editing transcript and Caption text in the Text panel is very frustrating! When you double click on a word to edit it, the text in the field changes size and gets bolder, thus moving all the text around. Now you have to find the word you were going to edit all over again. Please just enter a text edit mode without moving the text!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Idea for speech to text for the misunderstood words

I use the tool in Portuguese, and many words can be transcribed wrongly, sometimes it's the person's way of speaking, or the accent, for example, a difficulty I sometimes have, in a specific video, someone speaks a word in English, the system goes there and tries to transcribe something else as if they had spoken in Portuguese, and "Point Of View" becomes "Pão o fio", for example; But, it would help a lot, if there was a way to “teach” that the specific sound of a word in a certain video would be transcribed in a certain way in that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Subtitle

Would it be possible to add a transcriber for audio subtitles? Like what google does with their recorder app? I feel like if a phone can do it, premiere could do it too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base