Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spanish

In spanish "Open Captions" should be listed as "Subtitulos abiertos" instead of "Abrir subtitulos"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AI powered transcription

The captioning system in premiere pro is average but could be so much better. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to put down a caption track and extend it through my timeline and have Adobe Sensei go through it and automatically transcribe the video and then place the transcriptions throughout the project. I do subtitles so much more than I used to considering that most content online doesn't play without audio and is necessary also for the hard of hearing, its fundamentally important in todays society to have a better solution to be able to provide…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Control leading in Open Captions

It would be super if i could control the Leading (vertical distance) between two sentances in Open Captions.
    At this time if i break an Open Captions sentance in two there is no way of controlling the vertical distance between the two parts.
    The default leading is too big in most cases depending on the font which is used.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quality of SRT styled open caption when burnt into video

When importing an SRT in as an open caption and styling this, to then be burnt into a video, the output of the caption overlay is not of a high quality. There are harsh/jagged edges around the letters. A current workaround is to import the caption at a much larger font (e.g. 100), and then use a motion effect to downscale the whole caption size much further down in order to minimises the harsh edges.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SRT Open caption styling - choosing a font weight in the import settings

Whilst you can define a custom font in the SRT import settings, it would be great to also choose a custom font weight. Currently this has to be changed via the captions editor after import. If you have a font family, you may have several font weights and there is room for error if you forget to select the correct font weight after import.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Typekit fonts not working with captions

So far I have only seen this problem on Windows, and not OS X.

In the caption editor, Typekit fonts show up in the list of available fonts, but when you go to use them, the actual font doesn't change.

Sometimes the text simply disappears in the Program Monitor. If you revert back to a standard font set, the text reappears.

It doesn't seem to matter if you restart the program, or even the computer. Change font weights doesn't do anything either with the problem fonts.

Please note that Typekit fonts work if you use the regular Type tool, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Feed scripts into Captions

Have an option in Premiere to load in a document (e.g a word document) which then completes the captions based on line by line.

Example: I have a transcript in word, I edit it so the lines are of a suitable length for captions.
    I then load it into premiere, it reads the lines and loads them in as captions, with each line an individual caption piece.

Ultimate version would have a function where you listen along and press a button to mark where the next line should start and premiere auto adjusts the captions to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a rolling edit tool to the captions

This simple feature would save some time. It would be great if I could use this already existing tool on subtitles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Home and End keys do not work as expected when editing caption text.

They jump to the start/end of the entire list of captions rather than the line of text, even while the text box has focus. Please fix this; it makes it extremely time consuming to add proper line breaks to captions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to save custom caption templates

Most of my projects require open captions for exporting, and I'm required to use my company's specific visual identity guidelines for these captions (specific font, specific background color / opacity, specific alignment). As it currently stands, I have to set all of these parameters manually for every project. It would make so much sense and save so much time to be able to store these settings as a preset.

Someone suggested I use the "import settings" button along with a "dummy" srt file to hold the settings, but doing that for open captions does not allow me to use the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 708 Captions

708 captions - exported from PPCC 13.1 embedded in a MXF Op1a wrapper - do not playback stable in either an Omneon or N-Verzion server. Seeking a solution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyboard shortcut for in/out point for captions

When listening to the audio to type the caption, it would be nice if we could map a shortcut key to set the in/out point to the CTI

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions are not aligned

While making subtitles using "Caption" changed the font from Arial to Gilli San and texts appears in the bottom of the Black Bar. Found no option to make it middle align. Please fix this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export open captions via AME

Fix the software so that we can export a video containing open captions via AME without the captions disappearing in the exported video.

Adobe staff on other threads say this has been fixed with CC2019. It hasn't. This problem has persisted for Y E A R S.

Yes, I have dynamically linked AE clips in my projects. Yes, I have "burn captions into video" selected. Yes, I have "import sequences natively" selected in AME.

No, I don't have captions in my final videos.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please lock the add new caption to the bottom of the dialog. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the end of my captions to add one in.

Please lock the add new caption to the bottom of the dialog. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the end of my captions to add one in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere won't show several options for Open captions

Premiere won't show several options for Open captions, such as font options, size, changing the background

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to export captions that have been cut down in the timeline.

I used Captions to cut a video that was in a language that i do not speak. As i cut the video, i did the captions. 1:1 so as to keep the lips and the captions together. now i have a cut up caption on my video that i would like to export as its own new srt file separate from the video so that it can be toggled on/off on Youtube or Vimeo and not burnt on to the video itself, but there is no way to do that. apparently i have to make a new caption file and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Flexibility to move captions

It is very painful to use captions while still editing a project. Every time you make changes like adding a new scene, you have to move each caption one at a time to accommodate for new captions. Can you please make captions movable the way other clips are, whereas you can select a bunch of them at once and move them on the timeline as needed?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base