Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow for editing of caption text using other keyboard shortcut layouts.

The old closed captions system using the "caption" window allowed for me to change text without needing to worry about triggering shortcuts.

The new system's "text" window will only let me enter text without issue if I revert back to the default Premiere shortcuts, or resort to editing the caption in the monitor - neither of which are ideal, nor practical when dealing with lots of captions.

I know you won't revert to the old system, but please fix the lack of compatibility with non-default shortcut layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2021 version, Can't preview when typing inside the box of text features

Please help to find out the problem which shown "Álien Symbol".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clicking into edit mode in new captions panel

LOVING the new captions workflow (and can't wait for auto-transcription). One thing to improve: Right now clicking into the text of a caption is annoying. If I double click directly into a caption, that works OK, but if I single click first (or slower than double-click double click), then I have to double click again to open the editor. This especially happens if I'm toggling between a script and PP, so my first click just brings focus to PP, the second might select the caption (or might not...) and then I'm having to double click again...

Can it just open…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the new Captions window overrule the functions assigned to keys

In the new captions window (15.0.0) When I have the functions "go to next edit" and "go to previous edit" assigned to let's say the 'a' and 's' keys. I can not type a's and s's in the textfields because this moves my cursor to the next or previous title.
    That is not normal behaviour of a keyboard in a textfield. I want all functions assigned to keys in my customized keyboard overruled when I start typing.
    (the a and s keys happen to be the standard "goto next" and "goto previous edit" keys in AVID edit applications).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Re-enable match frame capability for editing caption files.

Used to be able to edit caption files just as video files including match frame to the source file. Can't match frame with version 15.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deactivate ‘Selection Follows Playhead’ when adjusting caption blocks

I love the new Captions in PP 2021. What I don’t love is needing to remember to disable ‘Selection Follows Playhead’ before adjusting the length/position of the caption blocks. Tweaking caption blocks without first turning this off can result in some screwed up timelines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Loop function for caption segment

When using the new caption tool for Premiere Pro 2021 I would like to see a play & loop function for the active text segment. While transcribing it would make it so much easier and faster if the timeline looped the time of the segment. (I've seen this function in the video editing software Camtasia)
    Example:
    I've set a shortcut key for "add new caption segment at playhead".
    When pressing the shortcut key or the +-button in the text tab, I wish it would (1) automatically add a new caption segment, (2) activate the field for typing text (in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Difficulty with Arabic captions in version 15.0

In almost all fonts, the standard unicode for Arabic ligatures is not displayed as it should be (ex. ﷺ).

Additionally while the right to left feature for Arabic text appears, it is unable to be used and the Arabic displays incorrectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restore Standalone .scc file export

In PP 2020, you could export a standalone .scc file by selecting the set (timeline, clip or anything that contained Captions) and selecting File>Export>Captions... Now in 2021, the only way to export a .scc file is using the media export panel as a sidecar, an which case you must also export media. This takes what could be a 3-5 second process and turns it into a long process which includes a render.

There are countless reasons why one may want to export just the .scc file, but I'll give you my top three.

1. You want to use it for some…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Premiere 15.0 Captioning Workflow Improvements

with the new caption functionality (in 15.0) really need to have :
    1. some buttons(shortcuts) to move words up/down to previous/subsequent captions
    2. on two line subtitles want to move words up/down from line one to line two and vise versa easily without having to double click every single time.
    3. Ability to add transitions to at least the top and tail of subtitles

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set Vertical Position

"Set Vertical Position" in the "Align and Transform" panel for captions not working in Premiere 15.0.0 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

17. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Issues with using the new Captioning interface

I am an amateur video editor and I have been using premiere pro since September of 2020. I hand caption all of the videos due to the content using specific technical terms that are not picked up by auto-captions. I really settled into the workflow of the old captioning interface.

When the update went live, I was unaware of the interface upgrade, or event he update itself. It took me about 2 hours to A. find the new interface, B. figure out how to work within it. I now can work within it but there were some features that were…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More robust caption functionality

The new (v15) captions are an improvement but I'd like to see the following:

1. Functionality for R-L text. Arabic appears correctly in the caption window but displays L-R in the timeline/program monitor.

2. We'd like to ditch our expensive to MacCaption but we need a way of importing translated timed transcripts into Premiere. The .srt export is great but we need some type of text file import to preserve timing in our language translations w/o having to cut and paste into each caption (or lean on MacCaption to export to .srt just to reimport into Pr).

3.Add auto import settings where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More robust caption functionality

The new (v15) captions are an improvement but I'd like to see the following:

1. Functionality for R-L text. Arabic appears correctly in the caption window but displays L-R in the timeline/program monitor (see attached image where Arabic on lower level and in caption window is displayed correctly but not the displayed captions).

2. We'd like to ditch our expensive to MacCaption but we need a way of importing translated timed transcripts into Premiere. The .srt export is great but we need some type of text file import to preserve timing in our language translations w/o having to cut and paste into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base