Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC Australian OP47 TELETEXT 888

Currently the mxf export can only embed the CC file using Teletext format 801.

Please can we have support for more options within OP47 type banner?

Currently there's no way to select a format type to desired output say 888, customary for broadcast UK broadcast.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show duration of individual captions in Caption Work Panel and when mouse pointer hovering over a single caption in Time Line.

Since captioned dialogue typically is preferred to be on screen for about 0,3 sec/word (acc. to BBC guidelines) it would be a great help if you could see the duration of each caption when hovering over a caption and in the Caption work panel rather than just the in- and out points. My brain really hurts :-D when I'm trying to calculate the length of each and every caption in a full length film. Thanks and have a nice day!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Caption + Audio Level Adjustment bug

Whenever I'm working on Closed Captions and I try to adjust the audio level, my cursor disappears and I can't work in the project anymore. I have to quit the program through keyboard input and start over again. It's a bug that has resulted in so much frustration and having to start over with projects. Please fix this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Missing Leading option (gap between lines) on open captions

open captions have styling options such as font etc, but the default gap between the lines is too big and you still don't have the option to change this gap (leading).
    Lacking that option will still make this tool irrelevant.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Re-enable free x-positioning of open captions (this worked in PPro2017)

This refers mainly to open captions for non-TV usage.

The position of captions does not allow for negative values anymore. So we are stuck with the left margin (x=0) being roughly at the standard "title safe" position. However, if your project is not limited by TV-standards and you want to use the entire screen width for subtitling, you can't. Any title will just go offscreen on the right with no way to re-center it. This was working in CC 2017 when PPro yould accept x values below zero. Please change this back again.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fixed Close Captions

In 708, After the first couple, I can't get the boxes to switch colors or the text to switch colors right. I am not asking the world here-because I know there are few options in the true closed caption section, but with the rise of watching without sound on social media-and switching this off and on at will in YouTube, the elements are so buggy as to be unusable. Resetting workspace, copy new project etc, does no good. This is a professional level editor. Fix these bugs so it works correctly!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OP47 for UK and France

YOu were able to bring in a OP47 MXF and edit with it and preserve the VANC - Now in the most recent releases it stripes it out even with Transcode ANC / VBI selected, it worked in V11 but for some reason it is gone, Also if you create a Australian OP47 (most recent) you can not embed only do as Open ?? Thats madness

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: In Media Export, "set start timecode" option applies only to video and not to closed caption sidecar

The "set start timecode" option should also apply to a sidecar caption that goes with a video file.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Captions Idea

The captions tool is annoying, and although it is faster than manually writing an SRT file, it's still not optimal in terms of speed. It's definitely slowing us indie houses down.

What would be ideal, is if the whole captions panel was one big box, in which you could paste the whole text body, and then through editing create the breaks, where the next line should come in.

This could easily be achieved with a simple STOP button and GO button and it'd work similar to multicam.

Think of it like an auto-cue, that can be paused when there is…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Caps automatic on at export WYSIWYG

If we use caps by importing a srt file, could you please set it to ON in export automatically. So it remains What You See Is What You Get and you cannot forget the subtitles on export.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug fix / Feature change Request: Please add availability of File Format window to the Embed in output file dialog box.

September 26, 2018 7:19 PM
    Bug fix / Feature change Request: Please add availability of File Format window to the Embed in output file dialog box.

Problem in short: .MCC will not embed both 608 and 708 properly unless .MCC is selected in the Create Sidecar File Menu first. The issue creates a scenario where you are expecting 608 and 708 caption files to be embedded in the output file, but when happens instead is only the 608 Captions are embedded.

Problem longer description: I discovered that .mcc caption files, containing 608/708 captions, do not properly Embed in output file…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Caption exporting available from more menu options

It's very difficult to find how to export Captions. It's ONLY available if you highlight the item in the Projects display window as a right click or from File > Export.
    It is NOT available when the captions are highlighted in the Timeline.
    It's greyed out as an Export option if you don't have this project item selected.
    It is not available through the Media Export ... as you cant switch off Video and Photo.
    - Can it be available and not greyed out if you have a caption track (if you had more than one caption tracks you could…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Subtitling Easier

What about having a tool that makes subtitling easier. If you could import a textfile with gaps between the text that belongs together and having a shortcut that hits a new subtitle in whenever you hit it. You could easily read your translated text, see when the speaker starts speaking (on the audio track) and after watching the whole video for once, just hit enter and everything will fall in place. That would be amazing!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After several font changes captions stop previewing

Noticing that if you make changes to the fonts and then keep tweaking, eventually Premiere just stops updating the preview of the captions and you need to close Premiere and manually clear the caches to solve.

Also finding that the drag to zoom will often get stuck in that target cursor mode not allowing you to do anything except restart Premiere to get your cursor back.

Overall the whole caption system in Premiere is pretty buggy.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Closed Caption issue on 708 and 608

I use Maccaption and Caption Maker to produce Closed Caption.
    When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated subtitles

Why doesn't PP have a solution in place or take files like .vtt, .srt or .sbv which I can extract from YouTube.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base