Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere's NEW Caption Tool creates illegal length captions which are supremely difficult to fix.

Would be great to have an preference window to limit character line length to the industry standard 32 characters. The speech-to-text element works well, but creates captions that will be cut off unless you go back and edit hundreds and hundreds of captions.

Would also help to have a character count/indicator to know when a caption is over the limit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Caption Character Count and Duration

Please implement these Indicators to the next Caption workflow update:

Caption Character Count (first line, second line)
    Caption Duration (WPM (Words per minute), and CPS (Characters per second).

These functions will be invaluable to Caption workflow users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy pasting in captions removes first 2 characters

Whenever I try to copy/paste or cut/paste captions into new lines, it removes the first two characters of my line.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions should have an option for either one line or two lines

For the last few weeks when I imported an SRT file the captions were on one line which was so much easier to work with. Now for some reason when I import it's back to 2 lines with a paragraph space in the middle. The split feature does not split my caption into lines, but splits it into 3 separate duplicates of the 3 lines, which is absolutely useless and hassle. Even when I remove the carriage return it still duplicates 3x.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request for Caption Workflow in PP 15.0

When managing the text in the text panel one should be able to travel between two caption segments with ease, being able to edit the text without the need of two clicks on the segment when the shortcut "ctrl + alt + down/up arrow" is used. This way the workflow would feel more like editing one big text, instead of closed, insulated pieces of caption that demands two clicks for edit it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SRT export not working in Vimeo

Premiere exported SRT files will no longer read in Vimeo ... other SRTs ok. Files look ok but not being read

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Captions below title safe area in "Align and Transform"

I work primarily in subtitles and not captions, but currently with the revamped workflow for captions, I am so far unable to place subtitles below the title safe area. I can select the bottom middle zone, but I can only offset its normal placement upward in the frame, not downward. For content that won't normally be seen on a normal TV screen, I would prefer to have the subtitles placed at the bottom of the screen, below title safe. Under the old process, I could achieve this with the Effects tab, but now those properties do not seem to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. please support hebrew in a propper way. i cant work proffesionaly like that

hebrew turns to be fllipped in subtitle and its a major issue. ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Find & replace

A find & replace tool for the captions would be good. This way if a particular word is always incorrectly capitalised/lower case, it can easily be fixed, or if a particular word is commonly mis-transcribed, e.g. filter always comes up as Philtre.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate different speakers in generated captions.

In Premiere Pro 15.4, it doesn't correctly identify different speakers and combines them into one line.

For example, a woman will say "Where are you going?". Then a man will answer "To the market".

Instead of two separate captions, it appears as one line combined, without even a line break.

It happens even with different scenes with totally different separate audio clips. One would think separate audio clips would be easy to detect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SRT not exporting or part exporting

SRT file doesn't export on M1 MacBook or only exports a few lines. Please fix this it's a pain in the ****. .I can't complete my workflow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

I need the captions workspace to allow the captions to be taken below the safe margins. I am using the same concept for my clients in V 14.9 for a long time and they would like to keep it.

See the screenshot of my active workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

I need the captions workspace to allow the captions to be taken below the safe margins. I am using the same concept for my clients in V 14.9 for a long time and they would like to keep it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base