Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere Pro CC (CC 19 13.0.2) still shifts captions randomly on the timeline

Captions on a timeline might stay in their place for three or four times saving, exiting and restarting Premiere, but then all of a sudden their in and out points CHANGE, not being in sync anymore. This is an old bug and it is still not fixed, working with subtitles that are burned into the video is basically not possible this way!!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed captioning in/out points change after save

The in and out points change after the project file is saved. For example, if I trim a caption to end at a video cut, the next time I load the project, the outpoint have moved and the caption ends a couple of frames before the cut...

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. opensubtitles

WHen doing multiple language captions, when i copy the master caption element to place it on the timeline and make a new language, i must save the project, close it and reopen it in order to see any changes when i am editing the subtitles

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Closed Caption bug: Captions sometimes appear longer or shorter than they should on screen

Closed captions appear longer and shorter than the length you have set for the individual caption

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More creative control of Text in Open Captions. Specifically, Leading and Kearning options, and Background Customization.

Please add more customization options for the Open Captions tool. Leading and Kearning would be great, and the ability to customize the background box. Ex. Rounded corners

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add option to keep spaces at end-of-line in imported captions/subtitles

When importing captions, apparently trailing spaces at end-of-line are automatically removed. Due to a bug (I have just reported it), partly opaque background behind the captions are not lined up properly at the right side, placing the edge of the rectangle too close to the text. This can be redeemed by putting an extra space at the end of each line of text, but because they are automatically removed during import, this must be done manually. Very cumbersome! It would be easier to add the space using other software before import and retain it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Play and Stop when typing closed captions.

Is there any way to have an option (via Tick box, Radio Button, etc...) that when editing CC's the video automatically plays and pauses as you start and stop typing. Something similar to the features YouTube has. That would make at least one of our lives 1000 times easier.

Also, while I'm in here, I find when adding in CC's the ability to have them snap to the playhead would be a feature I would like. I'm constantly dragging around the timing.

Thanks foe the consideration

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better caption workflow using .srt Files

Create a workflow in which importing .srt Files created with a 3rd party program will work without glitches or import errors

For example:

When I import .srt files made with YouTube and downloaded, often most of the file does not import. I imported a 5 minute srt file and only the first 2 minutes showed up.

There is an entire industry built around translators and transcribers using .srt files to give to their clients, so this is an important and much needed workflow.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Open Caption duplicate only working after restart

Bugreport: I duplicate an open caption, to use its style and formatting on a other timeline in the same project. When I drag it into the other timeline, I can edit the captions, but nothing happens in the programscreen. The old caption stays visible.
    I have to restart Premiere Pro to see the changes made, and only then it works fully functional.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Captions

Captions run beyond the out point into the clear timeline. Very annoying.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 708 Closed Captioning

Just like open captions have been buggy, so have closed captions in the past release of CC. I shouldn't have to re-import a .mxf into my timeline to see why only two of three captions that I embedded and exported are showing up and only one is actually playing back.

To add, it would be wonderful if something other than a .mxf could be used as something we could embed 708 captions to (i.e. .mpeg2, .h264 - something).

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Closed Captioning

Tried importing SRT file created on Youtube to Premiere Pro. It works but required a few adjustments to match the resolution size.

Since this is my first time working with CC, I discovered the issue which is scrolling down to find the highlighted sentence within the CC effect panel. It would be effective if I were to double click the sentence in the timeline and it would automatically scroll itself to selected sentence in the CC panel.

Right now, I have to scroll down in the CC panel every time I accidentally clicked my mouse at the wrong part in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. captions can be improved

In captions improve alignment option to the text and in the sequence when we adding additional captions its labourious to work with.

many more options like strokes to text and colour background can be improved as in case of graphics or legacy title

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time duration default for next caption added

The current time duration for next caption added is 1 second. err... I don't think anyone can read all text in 1 second. I don't really get how creator were thinking...

Is there a way for us to modify the "out" duration default for the next "add" caption ?

If not , please change default duration to be somewhere around 10-12 seconds .

Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lock the header of captions panel so you can edit them always seeing the tools

on navigating through the captions panel, as you scroll down, you do not longer see the tools for formating. please lock it up so its always visible.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the Ability to Select All Captions and Make Changes to Every Single One

If a .SRT file is imported and the client wants a different font the only way to change it is manually one by one. We should be able to select all and make adjustments.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open Captions - Italic tags <i>...</i> not recognized on two lines of text

When I import an .srt file with all some of the text italicized, I see <i>...</i> tags instead of italics in the burned-in subtitles.
    When there is one line of text or one word tagged it comes out as italic.
    When the whole sentence is marked as italic and it's on two lines, Premiere Pro doesn't recognize the tag and displays in in Regular font
    with <i>...</i> tags.

In order to display italics on both lines of text in one subtitle, each line has to be tagged <i>...</i> separately.
    Please, fix the error, so when a whole block of text…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exporting Captions

I am exporting a video in 3 different sizes with burnt in captions. When I export the 1080p version, the captions export fine to the final output. When I export the 1080 x 1920 version and the 1080 x 1350 version, the closed captions do not export with the video. I can see them in the export menu and have tried in both Media Encoder Queue and directly from Premiere. Baffling!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add translucent background effect for closed captions.

While Closed Captions shows the option for a translucent background, I can't select anything except for opaque. This makes it difficult for my viewers to see what's going on behind the captions. Research showed that this is a wide-spread problem.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base