Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please lock the add new caption to the bottom of the dialog. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the end of my captions to add one in.

Please lock the add new caption to the bottom of the dialog. Right now I have to scroll all the way to the end of my captions to add one in.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing full text adjustments to be made to captions.

Currently premiere automatically puts giant kerning in captions ... why? why would this ever be prefereable especially in a feature that allows very limited text controls. Costing me money.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. line spacing in 'Open Captions

We need the possibility to adjust the line spacing in 'open captions' or even better the possibility to apply a preset when importing an STL file

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere export h.264 withEmbedded 608/708

Would be nice if premiere could create an H.264 file with embedded 608/708 captions.

Like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LmRZHIUxPLL_3lXvXPP-OSOrQOhFlu82

Please help. Currently no workflow for creating such a file. We have SCC, MCC, SRT formats just them embedded into an h.264.

Example MCC and SRT

Mcc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RcDf3rCyiVHNjVOsLtNvZhgPl_bEUiCU

SRT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14e7UWkRjq3vafmuZEMx_jD5qFMcVz3kd

HELP!!!

Lee

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open Captions fonts don't work with Creative Cloud Fonts (formerly TypeKit)

Nothing will show up at all on screen. Fonts installed on the computer are working fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a rolling edit tool to the captions

This simple feature would save some time. It would be great if I could use this already existing tool on subtitles.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Home and End keys do not work as expected when editing caption text.

They jump to the start/end of the entire list of captions rather than the line of text, even while the text box has focus. Please fix this; it makes it extremely time consuming to add proper line breaks to captions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SRT file edits are not appearing in timeline.

Background color and size changes appear in the Captions panel but NOT in the timeline. All was well earlier today. I closed project, reopened, and now the SRT file cannot be edited.

Earlier issue was I edited SRT file, change appered in timeline as expected, but change would not appear in the export via encoder.

Restarted, solved that problem, but then the bkgnd color and size appear to resist being edited.

In attached screengrab, note captions panel with red background on left, and Program panel in right, with Black background and small font.

Generally, captions are ****** in Premier. Very…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please allow for line spacing within closed captions

It would be very useful to be able to increase or decrease line spacing within the captions tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Captions snap to frames, ASAP.

Please make captions snap to frames and other layer's in & out points in a release as soon as possible. It's crazy that everything snaps to frames in Premiere apart from the captions. We're having tons of trouble due to the fact that they don't; captions overwrite each other, don't change from one to the next when they should, and when creating subtitles for a dual language film it's a real pain to make quickly make them change subs at the same point.

You could really do with making them easier to select too, its a bit fiddly.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Captions with spikes? Please no more

Please remove the spikes from letters like capital M and A when we create captions with an edge for better readability.

Thank you!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let us switch from one caption mode to another without having to retype everything

I can’t believe we’re unable to just switch between one caption mode to another and keep our work. It would be so much easier if we could just switch from open caption to closed caption rather than having to retype every single entry every time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions performance

When manipulating a group of captions in Premiere Pro, the application is glacially slow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Captions are not aligned

While making subtitles using "Caption" changed the font from Arial to Gilli San and texts appears in the bottom of the Black Bar. Found no option to make it middle align. Please fix this problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere won't show several options for Open captions

Premiere won't show several options for Open captions, such as font options, size, changing the background

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. captions continue past the end out point in edit.

Captions from a previous clip, or sequence, still remain visible past the end point out of the edit. See attached file. This has been a constant issue in every new version of PPro. PLEASE FIX this and if possible, try to include more options for kerning in the text.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to export captions that have been cut down in the timeline.

I used Captions to cut a video that was in a language that i do not speak. As i cut the video, i did the captions. 1:1 so as to keep the lips and the captions together. now i have a cut up caption on my video that i would like to export as its own new srt file separate from the video so that it can be toggled on/off on Youtube or Vimeo and not burnt on to the video itself, but there is no way to do that. apparently i have to make a new caption file and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro Closed Captions to support V-Chip / MPAA / "Canadian English Language Rating System"

Other software packages that support closed captions allow for the creation/inclusion of regional ratings. Everything that is broadcast in Canada requires captions, and our BDUs require embedded ratings.

Right now we require other software to accomplish this. In some instances we are re-encoding AME mezzanine files simply to apply V-chip ratings. If Adobe supported the creation of V-chip ratings we would no longer require competing software for a number of our workflows.

Please see attached and the following thread for examples.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2520603

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base