Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize text in the transcript window

In the transcript window, allow the user the ability to increase the size of the text. As I get older, the color and size of the text make a difference.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix the Closed Captioning Ghosting in Premiere Pro

Since the new 2021 version, Even with closed captioning tracks turned off, a ghosting closed captioning still appears on the program monitor. I've even gone as far as deleting the closed captioning tracks off of my timeline, yet the ghost closed captioning still remains in the Program Monitor. I;ve seen several reports beginning about a year ago, yet I see no attempts from Adobe to offer a patch or a fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Speech to text function - Polish language support

Please add Polish language support in the Speech to Text module (transcribe function).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere pro 2021 caption performance

With the December 2021 (PPro 2022) updates, there has been a big performance drop when using captions. This was also a bug when the new caption system was ntroduced, but it went away with the next set of updates and performance was smooth. Now it is very, very laggy and slow to respond

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow different styles on different caption clips in same track

Right now you can make multiple styles, but only apply one at a time to a caption track. You can individually edit the style of a single clip, but not apply a style to it. It would be great if we could define multiple styles, and apply them on a clip by clip basis. for example, 2 people talking where the text is centered under each person, or a different color for audio descriptions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transcript: Continue search from playhead

When I search for keywords in my transcript and find what I need, I like to take that clip and put it in a selects sequence. But when I return to search for more keywords, it searches back from the start of the transcribed sequence.

It would be great to have the option to continue search from playhead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom transcript library

Allow transcript/captions libraries to "learn". I work in a specialized industry and I get tired of having to correct the same words and phrases repeatedly. I'd love for Premiere to identify defined words and phrases that I commonly encounter in my work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Speech to text clip timecode as source in sequences

Have the option to use source/clip timecode for transcription instead of following sequence. Sequence transcriptions are off when there are more than one clip in a timeline and the production crew took a break in between clips.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have more languages available for captioning, please?

There seems to be a limited number of languages available. Can we add Slovak? or any other languages please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't export .srt captions from Premiere 15 or 15.1 - No file is created. Txt works.

The captions update has been great so far and up until now has worked, but now I can't export an srt from my updated captions. I made some corrections and wanted to export a fresh srt with a new file name, but nothing happens. It acts like it does, but nothing shows up. What's happening? I need to be able to deliver srts and revisions upon request, how do I fix this? Running Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and Premiere 15.1.0. Even after updating to 15.1, restarting the machine, and creating a new project, still not able to export an srt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support a caption/subtitle file format that includes positioning (such as TTML)

Premiere 2021 has a much improved captioning & subtitling workflow, but it has a huge weakness in that the only import and export format it supports is SRT, which does not preserve position info.

Our clients (which includes big ones such as Netflix) generally require us to reposition a caption or subtitle when it obscures a character’s lips or when it obscures on-screen text. Often this can be as simple as just moving a caption/subtitle instance to the top instead of the bottom.

However, the SRT file format doesn't support any positioning info at all. So, even though Premiere itself…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Preserving Caption Timing and Formatting

When modifying/editing captions on Premiere Pro, in order to avoid timing being out of sync during ingest on YouTube.com, a blank “bumper” caption must be added to the top of all caption sequences. This is only needed for .scc caption files as .srt seems to have no issues with maintaining the timing for each caption set by the captioner. It would be convenient to stick to .srt as the standard captioning file, however specific formatting that occasionally must be used (top-placing captions, italics, etc) are lost in .srt when uploading to YouTube.com. The metadata tags are translated incorrectly and odd…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create Captions from Transcript only Creates a New Track

Trying this on the newest Version 22, using Mac OS Catalina. Im able to create a transcript just fine, but when I use the 'Create from sequence transcript' radial in the Create Captions window, a status bar appears showing that it generates, but the only thing that shows up in my Sequence is a new Subtitle Track. Yes, I do realize the Create Captions window also has a 'Create blank track' radial, but thats not the one that Im choosing. This seems like a possible bug since its a new feature, but who knows. Already restarted and tried different audio…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Add new captions segment" in Text Panel 3 dots Dropdown Does Not Work

See post in forum. Bug also filed in Beta. Tested in 15.4.1 and Beta 22 Build 63.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-to-add-captions-in-premiere-pro/m-p/12349974#M365071

Narrow the Text Panel so the Plus symbol (ato add a new caption segment) does not show. The "Add new captions segment" is available in the 3 dots dropdown. But when you click on that option, nothing happens.

Workarounds include expanding the Text Panel to use the plus symbol and using the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C.

Stan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to insert and edit pauses (...) when editing speech to text / captions

The speech to text function saves a lot of time, but it needs improving.

When editing the speech to text transcription in the text window, before generating captions, it would be really nice to have some level of control over over the "pauses" that it automates and inserts.

It's really unwieldy; for example: sometimes I edit a misheard/automatically generated text which is directly next to these pauses, like the beginning of a new sentence, and as a result the pause just disappears entirely, creating confusion for the system when it actually generates the caption track.

Being able to cut and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have multiple subtitle tracks visible at once

Currently in Premiere you can only have one of your subtitle tracks visible at once. This can be annoying because each track can only have one style.

I had a scenario where I wanted to subtitle multiple speakers, each with different colours, however only one style can be assigned per track, and only one track can be visible.

The work around was to create multiple sequences and then nest into the main sequence, however this isn't ideal.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base