Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transcribe Beta

first of just started to play with the beta transcribe. Brilliant. I have a ten min. interview broken in to 4 segments with voiceover intro and overview, two differrent speakers. cant move the captions around, Assuming that locked at moment. But, the interviewee when transcribe puts below my speaker. Probaly just dumb luck but if it was planned great. When i transcribe the entire video it places mid left. when i transcibe audio only it puts down in closed caption area. Again I understand options are few. I tried to transcibe with the music underscore on it tried for two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app.

New captions workflow not working. I can't adjust text position. Also every change requires a restart of the app. I will not pay for a product that doesn't work. Until this is fixed I will not be paying for Premiere Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete key work wrong in the new workflow on program moniter.

I've experience this problem for 1 month already since beta version. Please fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BRING BACK OLD CAPTION FEATURE

This new subtitle option is terrible. The ability to customize the captions like a regular track was game changer, also the ability to use the same settings without having to change the font saved so much time. Please please please change it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto sync captions. SRT automatically syncs to correct position like VLC

I find it quite cumbersome that I have to manually drag the SRT file into visual sync in Premiere Pro constantly when a program like VLC just puts it perfectly into place on a drag and drop.

My SRT files are made by a different person and currently I have to edit the SRT file externally to have a subtitle at 00:00:00:00 so that I can easily snap it in the timeline. This ensures that the subtitle is synced as the subtitler intended it to be. I then delete the first sub and there you have it. It is finally…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [BETA] Captions export to text need timecodes and speaker names.

The export to text feature for captions is very handy, however they don't record the speaker's names or a timecode when exported out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include option to include time stamps when exporting Speech to Text to a text file

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH devs for this feature. What you have done here is an absolute dream for me, and makes my life so much easier. I have thousands of hours of video that I can now happily transcode without having to type it by hand. Thank you so much!! I can finally begin this video project that I have been putting off for years.

My goal is to create searchable databases of the speech in my videos, so it would be really helpful for me if there were an option to include the timestamps in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transcript Editing

When making edits to the generated transcript, same as the captions editing annoyance is the inability to tab through sections of text. Also frustrating is that when double-clicking into a text section, the entire section is selected and not just the word that was clicked on. Making edits takes much longer when having to find the offending spelling/word (since things have now shifted) and then needing to reposition the cursor to be able to start to fix the error.

Why does the transcript need to show the timings on the side and break up the text by time? When exported…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Subtitles/Close captions painful BUG Report !!!

I imported a srt, everything was fine. But after reload the project, the close caption goes desync!!!!
    I show it briefly in the attached video.
    Please see the video.
    Thanks for the fixing this painful BUG!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add Dutch support for transcript

transcript seems to work in beta version.
    However Dutch is not supported yet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. speech to text translation

Would it be possible that after the editor has corrected the speech to text transcript it could be re-uploaded to be translated into another language and create another speech to text transcript. So we end up with multiple captions in different languages which the editor can export out as multiple SRT files for uploading to what ever platform they are using all from within Premier Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG REPORT: Premiere Pro 14.7.0

I have made a Japanese caption layer and some of the subtitles are italics. I see the result in the program monitor and everything is ok.
    Here comes the bug...

The exported H264 video has been tagged with <i>...</i> instead of italics subtitles.
    The weird thing is that this happens ONLY in the h264 mp4 because the mov PRORES 422HQ is ok!

(Both versions have burn captions to video option selected on export -exported via media encoder)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make us be able to animate captions

so there's the new captions workspace which makes making captions a lot easier but you can't add transitions and effects and stuff to those captions and you can't animate them either so I think being able to add transitions and effects and being able to animate the text in effect controls would make the new caption thing a lot better.
    also please add a speech to text thing it would make life a lot easier. I know speech to text is still in beta testing but it seems to work pretty great from what I've seen from youtube videos (I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Glyph font appears in Caption search and edit windows [Bug]

In PR 15 with the new Caption workflow, the Glyph character set is displayed instead of English language characters. In the attached screenshot you can see:
    - Caption search screen displays Glyphs (WingDings?) font set
    - Caption block displays correctly in English.
    - Caption block displays incorrectly in Glyphs when selected to edit.

Text characters display correctly in the timeline and in the preview panel. Uninstalling and a fresh install of PR 15 upgrade did not resolve the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the Captions checkbox on export automatically turned on if there are Captions in the video

Okay, so your like me and you just finished a long days edit with captions and you're about to export a large file, you know it's going to take hours to export. After all that time, you review the export and low-and-behold, no captions. YOU FORGOT TO PRESS THE TURN ON CAPTIONS BUTTON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE CAPTIONS IN THE VIDEO! Adobe, if there are captions in the timeline being exported, the captions option in the export settings should be automatically checked. I can see why it is uncheck by default as to help the editor decide what kind of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choice between American English and the rest of the world for captions

For captions, before transcribing, there should be an option of what version of English is required. Currently, I have to go through all the subtitles and change from "American" to "Australian" English.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better keyboard workflow while editing captions.

I have been using the new captions workflow for some time now and the one thing that has bothered me from the start has been the flow of moving from one section of caption line to the next. When finished with typing into the textbox from one, it would seem logical to be able to tab down to the next and continue typing. The same would apply in reverse should someone want to move back up a textbox. It would also be great to be able to have a keyboard combo to place a new caption by doing something like…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. subtitles

Premiere 15 new subtitles: Whenever I add a new subtitle to a long list of subtitles, it always jumps to the beginning of the list and I have to scroll to the end of the list to see and edit the new subtitle. I wish it would always automatically scroll to the newly added subtitle so that it is not only activated but also visible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. subtitles

Editing new subtitles in Premiere pro 15 in the Essential Graphics Box: the Delete key works the same way as the Backspace key: it deletes the sign before the cursor (not the sign after the cursor). this only happens in essential graphic subtitles not in "normal" essential graphic fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. export a captions file as .srt or .stl

New update:
    Bug

aim:
    Export .srt or .stl file

Problem:
    New update only allows for (Captions) export as a SideCar file. Alongside generation of media.

Error:
    At least one media type must be selected

Workaround:
    Export audio file with track muted then delete file.

Solution:
    Export settings options:
    - Export video
    - Export Audio
    - Export Metadata

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?