Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLS, PLS, PLS bring back the ability to batch export captions directly from the Bin.

This used to be easy. When working with hundreds of sequences, it's not feasible to individually export SRTs from the Text Panel. And when doing it from the Export Media dialog, you HAVE to do it alongside another video or audio file. Sometimes our caption sidecars are exported months after the videos, and I would currently have to create hundreds of new videos just to export a sidecar. Before the redesign, I could simply select all my caption files in the bin, and then choose "Export > Captions." I'm BEGGING you to reinstate this function

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. V15 BUG: Nested sequences with closed captions automatically render as open captions

I have a TV workflow where the main program w/captions sits inside a nest, and then several derivative versions carry that nested sequence while adding things like bars, slates and intro & outro disclaimers.

In the past, the captions flowed through as one would expect, but in the new version any nested CCs get rendered as open/burned captions no matter what you select for captions on export. This is pretty counterintuitive and limiting, but at least there is a workaround… you have to disable captions inside any nests, and then copy them to all the top-level sequences. (If you need…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speech to text function - Polish language support

Please add Polish language support in the Speech to Text module (transcribe function).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two caption tracks for multiple speakers

Fo the new "text" panel, I would love to see a feature where if you have multiple speakers who are speaking at the same time, to give it the ability to give them their own caption track and style so that you can separate it out better

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Editing captions: DEL key behaves like BACKSPACE key in program window

If i edit captions (PPro 15.0) in the program window, pressing DEL does the same as pressing BACKSPACE: it deletes the letter before the marker, not after it.

In the text window DEL works as it should. It also works flawlessly when editing essential graphics text in the program window.

The problem only occurs when editing captions in the program window.

Win 10 10H2, PPro 15.0, Nvidia 461.72 studio driver

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's possible to active more than one caption tracks?

Dear Adobe team,

My name is Martin from Taiwan,

My old project file working with two subtitles for Mandarin and English simultaneously, but with new update I can't export it, because I can olny active one track.

I need to export for DCP production for my theatrical release, can I get support for this update before 11 May?

Thank you.

BR,
    Martin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need to be able to have two Closed Caption tracks play simultaneously as one describes the background noises and the other is the text?

I need to be able to have two Closed Caption tracks play simultaneously as one describes the background noises and the other is the text? Please stop taking functionality away when you update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Text/Captions workflow : UX Improvements - it's kinda great, but kinda horrible.

The new Captions/Text tool on Premiere 15.0 is a huge improvement to the old workflow which was very buggy. I'm impressed with the quality of the Transcript in French, which recognizes 95% of the words correctly (even names). A big thanks to the team who developed it !

But working with subtitles every day, we saw that it also slowed us down on certain aspects which are very frustrating.
    Here is some suggested UX improvements by priority :

1 - Make the formatting of the text the same between "edit mode" and "view mode".

In the current tool, you have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to customize closed caption settings

I really like the Speech to Text transcribe feature. I have found it to work very well. The one thing that's not great is the conversion from transcript to captions. Premiere defaults to showing just one line of captions at a time. That's not standard. It would be great if there was a dialog box to allow us to set the caption settings. For example, "4-5 words per line, 2 lines per caption". Then, the transcript would be converted to captions based on those parameters.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for more customization in the new Captioning tool

The new captioning system is overly-restrictive in terms of dimensions/positioning.

While there should be an option to adhere to standards, there should an option to disable standards and allow for positioning/customization anywhere inside the video frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BETA] Captions export to text need timecodes and speaker names.

The export to text feature for captions is very handy, however they don't record the speaker's names or a timecode when exported out.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add labels for different speakers

We are using different colors in our subtitles. Speaker 1: white, speaker 2: yellow, speaker 3: blue.

When I type the captions in a 16:9 timeline for example and I want to copy it to a 4:5 timeline, I want to change all styles except the colors. Save and change a style is easy, but the problem: the color also changes to 1 saved color.

I want a different font size, a different position, but not a different color.

By adding labels for different speakers, you can add multiple colours to your preset. It should improve the workflow a lot.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy pasting in captions removes first 2 characters

Whenever I try to copy/paste or cut/paste captions into new lines, it removes the first two characters of my line.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captions should have an option for either one line or two lines

For the last few weeks when I imported an SRT file the captions were on one line which was so much easier to work with. Now for some reason when I import it's back to 2 lines with a paragraph space in the middle. The split feature does not split my caption into lines, but splits it into 3 separate duplicates of the 3 lines, which is absolutely useless and hassle. Even when I remove the carriage return it still duplicates 3x.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Captions below title safe area in "Align and Transform"

I work primarily in subtitles and not captions, but currently with the revamped workflow for captions, I am so far unable to place subtitles below the title safe area. I can select the bottom middle zone, but I can only offset its normal placement upward in the frame, not downward. For content that won't normally be seen on a normal TV screen, I would prefer to have the subtitles placed at the bottom of the screen, below title safe. Under the old process, I could achieve this with the Effects tab, but now those properties do not seem to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2021 New Premiere Captions needs to bring back "adaptive" background on two line captions

Off the bat I personally wanted to say THANK YOU so much to all the hard work at Adobe for updating this finally. Its AWESOME now!!!!

Only question/concern my fellow colleagues and I have is will / can there be a way for two line subs like this one to have the background land exactly on the size of each line like the previous subs title system did? I think this is the standard way (adaptive, not static) way to display them on broadcast with two line subs.

So for example the background would be EXACTLY behind "NARRATOR" and "with"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base