Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Captions

Some tweaks to new captions workflow:

Auto move end point of captions to just before next caption (fill the gaps).

Being able to add transitions.. or being able convert captions into text assets so transitions can be added

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a find and replace

in the transcript window, provide a way to find/replace the same instances for words. There is consistency in the transcript, but I have to catch each instance of each transcribe error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resize text in the transcript window

In the transcript window, allow the user the ability to increase the size of the text. As I get older, the color and size of the text make a difference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-generated captions create extra space at end of each line - off center captions

I frequently use the auto-generated transcript options, then turning those into captions. Every time I create the captions, nearly every single caption line has an extra space at the end of it, which makes the entire caption not look centered (see photo), at least when there's a solid background. I then have to go in and manually delete each and every space from the end of every caption, which takes a lot of time. I love the auto-generated transcript and captions features, immensely helpful, but having to go in and edit each one anyway makes it a little less convenient.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need ability to export transcripts, and subtitles

Ability to export transcripts and subtitles to a document. Then a content editor can fix names, spellings and punctuation that Adobe speech to text misses.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Caption words appear one at a time

Allow editing in captions to have the words of a sentence appear one at a time rather than just giving the full sentence for the entire clip.

Someone I edit videos for prefers this method and having that as an option in the captions menu would make the process so much faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. spaces in transcript

Hi guys,

Love the latest few updates! Great work.

Even though the transcribing services are incredible and have saved me a lot of time subtitling, I still need to go through each one of the subtitles and delete a space at the end of them after converting from a transcript to captions.

Would save me hours and hours of work if this wasnt the case!

Also, would love to be able to add a shortcut to the Text Panel. Currently this doesnt work even after adding one in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto-transcribe enabled for all types of media

It would be great to select my multi-cam sequence (or footage clip) in the project browser and auto-transcribe that (not from the timeline/sequence).

Then, allow me to select sentences from the transcript to insert into a timeline/sequence. It would make editing interviews much easier - just find the sentence you want from the transcript and insert into the timeline!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Highlight and Annotate Transcripts

The in-app transcripts are an amazing time saver. It would be great to be able to highlight and/or annotate them right in the text window. I usually do this with PDF transcripts and would be ideal to do them right in Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trimming Not Intuitive

If I want to move the end of one subtitle and the beginning of another, I have to move the front of the second one before moving the back of the first. I should be able to grab both simultaneously where they touch and move them together. THis is very intuitive and Davinci resolve does it quite well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions kept undoing on its own.

After transcribing and importing the transcription into captions, I can be editing a huge chunk of the captions and without warning, the caption would undo my edits on its own. It's really becoming a pain as I would have to constantly backtrack and fix the captions all over again, multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Speech to text function - Polish language support

Please add Polish language support in the Speech to Text module (transcribe function).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My Ideal Speech-to-Text Transcription Workflow

This is about transcription speech to text workflow. Ideally, I would be able to transcribe a clip, not a sequence, and the transcription would live on the clip, not on a sequence, because I'm using transcription to have a script with which I can cut down a video, not using transcription to create captions for export.

So after I create a transcription for a clip, and apply it as subtitles to the clip, either I would like to be able to export the subtitles to a csv file like I can do with markers, which would include both the subtitle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions bug

When adding multiple captions to a long video, several times a previous captions text gets deleted when I finish typing the latest one. Usually the caption 1 to 3 caption blocks before the one I'm working on. Has happened 10+ times, and I'm only on block 30..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. new captions / auto transcrip

Been able to use "find and replace" on the auto transcript window,
    the engine is beautiful and thank you for that, but been able to change: £, lb., pound, or # all at once like in illustrator would be a bless.

Thanks again.
    M.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing one caption should not require rendering all the captions

It feels like the captions track is just an upgraded adjustment layer. It suffers from the same problem as older Premiers. If you make a change to one caption then you have to render all the captions again. This ends up being very tedious and it feels like I'm constantly rendering.
    Another issue I have come across is that some times changes made are not being saved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't save the srt file, wanna know the reason why

all the closed captions were typed in right. but somehow I can't save it. not sure what is the problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix single line captions merge

So, I'm not a big fan of the rectangular background boxes in captions, which seems to be the only option if you don't want two ugly single lines that are not merged or synchronized in any form.

Currently, if you chose an opacity of the captions background that is not 100, as in fully black, you get a weird-looking overlapping section between the two single lines if you have enabled that option.

I've attached a picture of what I want it to look like. No overlapping in single line backgrounds, just one box adjusted to the captions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement smart quotes for captions

It would be helpful to have the option of automatically setting proper "curly" quotes and apostrophes for burned in captions.

Really, I think this should be the default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base