Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BETA Add speaker names and 2 lines option to captions from transcription

I really like what you all have done outside of the box and testing on day one. My two suggestions come from the options I have and use with otter.ai which is our current way to auto generate captions that I then clean up. 1. I didn’t see an option how to add speakers to the closed captioning from the transcript. I can do it on the transcript side but then making that into cc names were not included. 2. Give the option of the closed captioning to be 2 lines instead of one easily. I know I can go…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proper subtitling/captioning tools

After trying out the new captioning in Beta, I'm fairly disappointed. This does not solve any of the issues I've had earlier – it basically just serves as a shortcut for the current shortcuts one can do via EG in AE. What I miss:
    1. I would like to have the option of having background per line (not one big rectangular for all text)
    2. I would like more freedom in designing the look of the subtitles (shapes, rounded edges, animations etc.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to export timecodes and speaker names to text file from speech-to-text transcription

It would be great to have the option to export the timecodes and speakers info to the text file to help with paper edits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve Captions tool, i cannot change font family in the software it's really annoying

I have a Font which has 7 Styles, but im only able to use only two, Bold and Regular, when choosing any other option it is showing as the Regular Font.

This is a major issue, i need to upload the video for a Major Client and
    according to their guideline i need to use Bull Heavy 1, there is no solution on the internet either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Find & replace

A find & replace tool for the captions would be good. This way if a particular word is always incorrectly capitalised/lower case, it can easily be fixed, or if a particular word is commonly mis-transcribed, e.g. filter always comes up as Philtre.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow use of two subtitles again

In version 14 of premiere pro I could put two different kinds of subtitles onto my video. Now in version 15 if I add a second subtitle line it is automatically hidden. If I click the eye to show it then it hides the first subtitle line. Please let us put two subtitles on a video again (without having to nest).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

i see you can export transcripts. But can you edit the transcript and re import and then make captions out of a corrected transcript?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add labels for different speakers

We are using different colors in our subtitles. Speaker 1: white, speaker 2: yellow, speaker 3: blue.

When I type the captions in a 16:9 timeline for example and I want to copy it to a 4:5 timeline, I want to change all styles except the colors. Save and change a style is easy, but the problem: the color also changes to 1 saved color.

I want a different font size, a different position, but not a different color.

By adding labels for different speakers, you can add multiple colours to your preset. It should improve the workflow a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow for editing of caption text using other keyboard shortcut layouts.

The old closed captions system using the "caption" window allowed for me to change text without needing to worry about triggering shortcuts.

The new system's "text" window will only let me enter text without issue if I revert back to the default Premiere shortcuts, or resort to editing the caption in the monitor - neither of which are ideal, nor practical when dealing with lots of captions.

I know you won't revert to the old system, but please fix the lack of compatibility with non-default shortcut layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the new Captions window overrule the functions assigned to keys

In the new captions window (15.0.0) When I have the functions "go to next edit" and "go to previous edit" assigned to let's say the 'a' and 's' keys. I can not type a's and s's in the textfields because this moves my cursor to the next or previous title.
    That is not normal behaviour of a keyboard in a textfield. I want all functions assigned to keys in my customized keyboard overruled when I start typing.
    (the a and s keys happen to be the standard "goto next" and "goto previous edit" keys in AVID edit applications).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere 15.0 Captioning Workflow Improvements

with the new caption functionality (in 15.0) really need to have :
    1. some buttons(shortcuts) to move words up/down to previous/subsequent captions
    2. on two line subtitles want to move words up/down from line one to line two and vise versa easily without having to double click every single time.
    3. Ability to add transitions to at least the top and tail of subtitles

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add quick render options for transcripts and captions

The transcript/caption feature update is great! what would make it amazing is a quick button on both the transcript and caption windows that give you a quick option to download the transcript as a text document and an option to download the captions as an SRT side car file without having to render the video as well. The use case here is that I'd like to use this feature to go back and transcribe/caption a bunch of videos that I previously produced before this feature was available for ADA compliance. I'd like a quick workflow for doing that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Issues with using the new Captioning interface

I am an amateur video editor and I have been using premiere pro since September of 2020. I hand caption all of the videos due to the content using specific technical terms that are not picked up by auto-captions. I really settled into the workflow of the old captioning interface.

When the update went live, I was unaware of the interface upgrade, or event he update itself. It took me about 2 hours to A. find the new interface, B. figure out how to work within it. I now can work within it but there were some features that were…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. V15 BUG: Nested sequences with closed captions automatically render as open captions

I have a TV workflow where the main program w/captions sits inside a nest, and then several derivative versions carry that nested sequence while adding things like bars, slates and intro & outro disclaimers.

In the past, the captions flowed through as one would expect, but in the new version any nested CCs get rendered as open/burned captions no matter what you select for captions on export. This is pretty counterintuitive and limiting, but at least there is a workaround… you have to disable captions inside any nests, and then copy them to all the top-level sequences. (If you need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Portugal portugues is not the same as Brazilian Portugues

Guys, in the transcript tool we have the Portugese option, but keep in mind, Portugal portugues is not the same as Brazilian Portugues, and its Portugues, and not Portugese.

Please, with a few modifications, I believe you can put the Brazilian Portugues as an option, as seen you have a lot of market in Brasil too.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Subtitles Improvements

I'm excited about the improvements to the subtitles. However, I'd like to have the ability to move the text all the way to the bottom of the frame. Also, extend the background box to the edge and bottom of the frame. I would like to be able to import txt files as well as srt files. I often have scripts that I break into subtitles and save as txt.

Since I switched to Pr, I've still been forced to use Avid for subtitles because of the rich features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make captions track editable / layer moveable

Captions should be a moveable track so that it can be placed under other video layers e.g. to achieve a fade to black rather than a hard out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "show duplicate frame markers" in new captions doesn't make sense

I'm working with "show duplicate frame markers" function enabled to quickly spot if i accidentally used some media twice.

If i edit captions and insert a new caption field between two already existing fields they sometimes get randomly marked as double frames. It also happens if i extend a caption. Strange thing is that only parts of the captions get marked as double frames. There's no comprehensable consistency in the behaviour. The marked caption fields have nothing in common (apart from the same properties, but sometimes not even that).

It would make sense if two identical caption fields (or at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base