Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Short Cut Key Needed for 'add new captions segment'

If you're manually transcribing the new update is super clunky to use.

You have to stop typing after every segment and hit the plus button with your mouse!!! It makes the process so slow and cumbersome.

The old version you just hit enter or return and it created a new segment.

Also in the text window can it just be a single click to edit the text instead of a double click please?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support a caption/subtitle file format that includes positioning (such as TTML)

Premiere 2021 has a much improved captioning & subtitling workflow, but it has a huge weakness in that the only import and export format it supports is SRT, which does not preserve position info.

Our clients (which includes big ones such as Netflix) generally require us to reposition a caption or subtitle when it obscures a character’s lips or when it obscures on-screen text. Often this can be as simple as just moving a caption/subtitle instance to the top instead of the bottom.

However, the SRT file format doesn't support any positioning info at all. So, even though Premiere itself…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transcript modal not appearing, but blocking actions.

Clicking on the Transcribe Sequence button has (3 out of 4 attempts) caused no modal to be launched, but the program acts as if it has, not allowing me to take any actions. I've scanned both screens for any hint of the modal, but I don't see it at all.

The second attempt worked and the transcribe feature is AWESOME! Now if I can just consistently use it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can't export .srt captions from Premiere 15 or 15.1 - No file is created. Txt works.

The captions update has been great so far and up until now has worked, but now I can't export an srt from my updated captions. I made some corrections and wanted to export a fresh srt with a new file name, but nothing happens. It acts like it does, but nothing shows up. What's happening? I need to be able to deliver srts and revisions upon request, how do I fix this? Running Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and Premiere 15.1.0. Even after updating to 15.1, restarting the machine, and creating a new project, still not able to export an srt…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shared captions/text styles and captions presets that can link to text styles.

Captions presets and text styles are created and saved on a project level, so have to be exported/re-imported into different projects.

It would be great if they were created as settings similar to export presets so they could be imported once and be available for all projects, or perhaps shared libraries as per MOGRTs.

It would also be great if custom caption presets linked to text styles too, as this is important where a standardised look/style is required (channels/networks).

I've also noted a bug when importing a custom captions preset it's name is not shown correctly, but is called 'subtitle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Captions dialog box "style" selection bug

(note: I had to choose "closed captions" for this bug report even though what I'm trying to do involves open captions)

Newest PPro version (15.4.0, build 47)

The "style" selection box in the "Create Captions" dialog box that pops up when trying to create captions from PPro-transcribed text does not let you choose a style. See this video for evidence of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBoKYyfKcY

The style selection box works as expected in Beta version 22.0.0, build 31.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CANCEL or HALT button for/during Auto-Transcribing

Just a thought. It'd be great to have an CANCEL or HALT button during an Auto-Transcribing. Sometimes you might be transcribing the wrong file and/or sequence, or your file may offline for whatever reason. Thus, there'd be no reason to wait for the results and tie up your computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the new caption workflow to utilise the full screen space

On the new caption workflow t seems as though the position of captions is restricted to the "safe margins" of the screen.

Please can you make it so they can be positioned anywhere on the screen, i,e all the way to the top and bottom.

On the previous workflow you could achieve this by altering the positing within the "Effects control", but now there is no way of doing it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. exporting track style

We work with many production houses globally and it would be very handy to be able to export the track style to send to the editors so they can match the in house look of the programmes produced.

Or to be able to link the look with an essential graphic template that the creative department has made.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Creating Captions = Force close

Every time I try to Create Captions from my transcriptions it forces close & I have to start all over. I have yet to be able to auto generate any captions. I have to manually copy and past them from my transcriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add danish to the transcription feature, please

I would very much like you to add danish to the transcription feature, as this is what I need all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow us full control of Captions location

Hi...Please allow us to lower the captions. My client requires a large font size for captions. When I use this size the captions are too large for the designated area. If I could lower the Captions by 10-15 pixels I could use PP for my Captions work and save HOURS and HOURS of work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I can't import subtitles without errors.

I can't import subtitles without errors. If I'm not mistaken, it didn't exist in version 15.0, it was easy to import subtitles. But now, when I do this, as subtitles are out of order, with errors etc. When the automatic subtitles don't arrive in Premiere, I get subtitles from Facebook and import them into Premiere, it speeds up my work, but with this error I can't ... Only if I go back to the previous version of Premiere

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export transcript to text file with timestamps

When transcribing a file within Premiere and exporting the result to a text file, it would be extremely helpful for that text file to include the timestamps.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. First character dropped when pasting.

When cutting and pasting text between caption fields drops the first character of the cut text when pasting it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add language indonesia

adobe premiere pro, there is a Create Transcript menu, but the language is limited, I can't find Indonesian, can I request Indonesian there

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Speech to text issue using explicit language

I'm in your Beta speech to text test group.
    Explicit language is blanked out and replaced with asterisks. For professional captioners, editors and translators this isn't acceptable. Our job is to correctly add what is actually said, word for word.

Additionally since the AI doesn't understand context, it doesn't know if a dog breeder is referring to a female dog when using the term "*****".

If you want to make this a feature that can be enabled or disabled, that's fine. But at minimum it should default to verbatim transcriptions.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clicking into edit mode in new captions panel

LOVING the new captions workflow (and can't wait for auto-transcription). One thing to improve: Right now clicking into the text of a caption is annoying. If I double click directly into a caption, that works OK, but if I single click first (or slower than double-click double click), then I have to double click again to open the editor. This especially happens if I'm toggling between a script and PP, so my first click just brings focus to PP, the second might select the caption (or might not...) and then I'm having to double click again...

Can it just open…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My Ideal Speech-to-Text Transcription Workflow

This is about transcription speech to text workflow. Ideally, I would be able to transcribe a clip, not a sequence, and the transcription would live on the clip, not on a sequence, because I'm using transcription to have a script with which I can cut down a video, not using transcription to create captions for export.

So after I create a transcription for a clip, and apply it as subtitles to the clip, either I would like to be able to export the subtitles to a csv file like I can do with markers, which would include both the subtitle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base