Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not all installed fonts work in Captions

Not all fonts seem to work with the caption tool. Fonts that might work perfectly in the standard type/text tool will simply not work when trying to use them in Open Captions.

They just don't seem to register. Although you can select the font from the drop down menu, the actual text doesn't update (note that this is not the same as the usual "captions don't update" issue.). It's as though the font doesn't exist.

I have no idea why this happens, as these same fonts work perfectly everywhere else (within Premiere, and in any other application I have tried…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Think more.

Please work on caption.
    When I want to extend my caption duration, 5 times out of 10 I drag the whole layer. Why would you keep that little black bar so small ?? Or maybe I dunno how to extend it...
    Do designers use Premiere ??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. captions bug with styles while adding multiple captions

Hello. I think it's a bug in premiere, can't explain it otherwise.
    The problem is in captions window. I use File-New-Captions-Open Captions-Square Pixels. Then I start adding captins using Captions window and "+" Button. For the firt 3-4 pieces styling works fine, style of captions looks mire oe less the same (black bacground, positioning), I just need to adjust size. But when I push + Button for the 3-4 time suddenly black backgrpund is not there anymore and I can not turn it on. "Backgound color" button does not show anything.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Using in-out marks in Captions

When subtitling with captions I have to go through and manually enter the subtitle in-out points. Could these not be copied from the timeline in-out points? This would make the process quicker, smoother and less likely to end up with a subtitle that does not fit properly because the captions panel has corrupted and ignored the manually entered numbers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AI powered transcription

The captioning system in premiere pro is average but could be so much better. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to put down a caption track and extend it through my timeline and have Adobe Sensei go through it and automatically transcribe the video and then place the transcriptions throughout the project. I do subtitles so much more than I used to considering that most content online doesn't play without audio and is necessary also for the hard of hearing, its fundamentally important in todays society to have a better solution to be able to provide…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Round-trip export/import of Open Captions needs to be WYSIWYG.

In Adobe Premiere, Open Captions that I export out of Premiere and then immediate import back into Premiere do not match how they were exported.

Steps to repeat:
    1 - In Premiere, create an Open Caption track. Create a two-line caption.
    2 - Export caption using File > Export > Captions
    3 - Immediately Import that caption file back into Premiere.
    4 - Observe that the imported caption does not exactly match the original.

(Mostly tested in Adobe Premiere 2017, but I have verified that this problem persists in Premiere 2019 as well.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quality of SRT styled open caption when burnt into video

When importing an SRT in as an open caption and styling this, to then be burnt into a video, the output of the caption overlay is not of a high quality. There are harsh/jagged edges around the letters. A current workaround is to import the caption at a much larger font (e.g. 100), and then use a motion effect to downscale the whole caption size much further down in order to minimises the harsh edges.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export open captions via AME

Fix the software so that we can export a video containing open captions via AME without the captions disappearing in the exported video.

Adobe staff on other threads say this has been fixed with CC2019. It hasn't. This problem has persisted for Y E A R S.

Yes, I have dynamically linked AE clips in my projects. Yes, I have "burn captions into video" selected. Yes, I have "import sequences natively" selected in AME.

No, I don't have captions in my final videos.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions bug when adjusting duration.

Using Open captions.
    I'm experiencing a bug when I go back to adjust the length of captions.
    I need to make several long captions shorter. When I go to drag the ends of the caption to shorten or lengthen it, it disappears, setting its duration to 0, the only way I can adjust them is by dragging the time code in the Captions window. Which is slow and tedious.

I think one of the best caption tools I have seen is Youtube's captioning tools. Which highlight the captions as you scrub through, and allow you to use the space bar…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard shortcut for in/out point for captions

When listening to the audio to type the caption, it would be nice if we could map a shortcut key to set the in/out point to the CTI

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: SRT files don't import completely

In Premiere 2018 and 2019, the linked SRT ends before line 22 when imported into Premiere.

The file appears to be valid, and is imported correctly by AegisSub and Vimeo. I can't find a reason Premiere would cut it early—it looks like a bug to me.

https://app.box.com/s/t6rnoffvfeowfvb961lwrnlil1hxtgte

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Control leading in Open Captions

It would be super if i could control the Leading (vertical distance) between two sentances in Open Captions.
    At this time if i break an Open Captions sentance in two there is no way of controlling the vertical distance between the two parts.
    The default leading is too big in most cases depending on the font which is used.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve captions-tool.

The captions-tool is now only for when the edit is definitely locked. What if the sequence needs to be changed after the caption-file is made? If a new scene is spliced in, we need to move all textcaps, making room for the new ones. But now we can only move them one by one, in stead of selecting many text-caps and move them all in one operation. (Using two or more caption-clips in one sequence is very buggy.)

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edge rendering issue on close captions

In Premiere Pro CC 12.1.0 on Mac OSX 10.13.4 there are issues in rendering close caption edges on some characters. The problem appears with the majority of fonts.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Typekit fonts not working with captions

So far I have only seen this problem on Windows, and not OS X.

In the caption editor, Typekit fonts show up in the list of available fonts, but when you go to use them, the actual font doesn't change.

Sometimes the text simply disappears in the Program Monitor. If you revert back to a standard font set, the text reappears.

It doesn't seem to matter if you restart the program, or even the computer. Change font weights doesn't do anything either with the problem fonts.

Please note that Typekit fonts work if you use the regular Type tool, but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Caption Settings do not take unless you quit and restart.

Caption settings have been buggy for a while, but in Premiere Pro 2018 (v13.x) they don't even take unless you save your project, quit Premiere, and then start it again.

Setup:
    - macOS 10.14.1
    - Open Premiere Pro CC
    - Import a video (I'm working with MP4's)
    - Import a caption file (I'm working with DFXP)
    - Move both to the Timeline and match them up (audio to captions) as needed.
    - In the Timeline, click on the captions
    - Open the Captions panel
    - Right click on the first caption and then Select All
    - Enter your settings... my…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Caption

Can you add in the caption editor a letter-spacing, also referred to as tracking.
    Is it difficult?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Closed Captions

I’d like for Adobe Premiere to have the capability to read captions from .mpg files. Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base